Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Match Thread: Accrington Stanley vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 12th March 2022

edited March 2022 in General Charlton
Accrington Stanley. A name to strike fear into the hearts of faithful Addicks.

Has it really come to this? Well, it's up to Jacko and the players to show us that they're really going for it today.
No more of the Oxford and Sheff Weds type of 'no show'. The Sunderland game last week was at least a step in the right direction and we need to build on that.

What does Mr Jackson have to say? "It's a difficult place to play football and they play on those aspects and make it really difficult for you." Okay, we knew that already.
Team? 
No Inniss man mountain. No Chuks, naturally. Washo and CBT "nearing return" but obviously not today. The rest is a guess but probably with the core of last week's starting line up.

Charlton: MacGillivray; Lavelle, Pearce (c), Gunter; Clare, Fraser, Dobson, Lee, Purrington; Leko, Stockley

Subs: Harvey, Matthews, Jaiyesimi, Morgan, Gilbey, Burstow, Washington

Charlton TV begins at 2.15.
Scotty is AWOL, with Charlotte stepping in to keep Curbs and Brownie in line. 
NO Brownie on the commentary? What can I say? :smile:

COYR!

Comments

• Top respect to all who have travelled today 
    I'll second that. To paraphrase Monty Python, " They're a staunch".

• edited March 2022
    Looking forward to getting a win.... ;)
    Also, a bit of glamour in the studio, and I don't mean Curbs or Brownie, welcome Charlotte, certainly a different take on thing to Scott...COYR let's bring a smile to all our faces eh... :D
  • Top respect to all who have travelled today 
    Absolutely. I’m not even sure I’m going to bother moving from bed to couch to watch it (6:54 am here as I type). 
  • Washington on the bench is good. I actually hope we have Gunter at CB and Clare at RWB. I don't think Gunter's ever done too badly at CB in a three and he was part of a clean sheet last week and made a brilliant goal line clearance. He's never looked too hot at RWB though and while I'm not convinced Clare is a great option there either this is his chance to show something. If it's Clare straight back in at CB after a load of poor performances there and Gunter on the right though I might have a little cry.
  • Sean Clare as right wing back will be interesting to see, though didn’t he want to leave Oxford because he was essentially being played there. 
  • Sponsored links:

• I really hate this Squad Number Bingo.

Just write the **kin* team properly. Grrrrrr!  

• Oh good.......another non goalscoring striker up front.
  • edited March 2022
    And so ...... Clare returns as a RWB with Gunts at RCB. Wodya fink of that, folks?

• OS says

CM

Lavelle Pearce Gunter

Clare        Dobson        Purrington

Lee         Fraser

Leko     Stockley

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/622ca2a5a3822/team-news-clare-and-leko-start-at-accrington
  • 4 at the back or Clare & Purrington wing backs ?

• Harvey rather than Harness as the GK sub.
  • Today’s most exciting things: Clare at RWB and Washington on the bench
  • Charlton TV begins at 2.15.
    Scotty is AWOL

He is at the Amex. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Oggy Red said:
    And so ...... Clare returns as a RWB with Gunts at RCB. Wodya fink of that, folks?

Sort of hope you're right, but I think JJ loves Clare as a centre back in his 3-5-2.
  • Washington back on the bench, excellent 
    In fact, bench looks fairly useful.

It could probably have more idea on the park than some of the subs.

• Oggy Red said:

Sort of hope you're right, but I think JJ loves Clare as a centre back in his 3-5-2.
    WIOTOS

Craig MacGillivray continues in goal, behind an unchanged back-three of Sam Lavelle, captain Jason Pearce and Chris Gunter.

The returning Clare and Ben Purrington are expected to occupy wing-back roles with Fraser, George Dobson and Elliot Lee once again lining up in midfield, as Leko joins Jayden Stockley up front.

Jaiyesimi, Burstow and Washington are joined on the bench by Nathan Harvey, Adam Matthews, Albie Morgan and Alex Gilbey.

• Leko up front again! No, no no! What hold does Leko have over Jackson? Looking at the positives, great to see Washington back on the bench. I take it Clare will be playing right midfield/wing back. Apart from Leko that team looks okay - quite balanced. I stick with my original prediction that we should get something from this game and possibly even nick a hard-fought win. 2-1 to the Addicks. 
  • I was listening to Scott Minto on Talksport this morning, preparing to commentate on Brightons game
  • Scoham said:
    OS says

CM

Lavelle Pearce Gunter

Clare        Dobson        Purrington

Lee         Fraser

Leko     Stockley

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/622ca2a5a3822/team-news-clare-and-leko-start-at-accrington
    I make that at least 3 players playing out of position......4 if you count Leko (which I do).

I see Jacko has learnt from Master Bowyer.
  • edited March 2022
    Although I am sick of the 3-5-2, I'd rather we played it like this with full backs as wing backs than wingers as wing backs. Especially away from home.

However, once we've got enough points on the board to be safe, I'd like to see Elerewe instead of Gunter, to see if he can be a regular next season. He has great potential as a ball playing CB that can stride out of defence.
  • ross1 said:
    I was listening to Scott Minto on Talksport this morning, preparing to commentate on Brightons game
    Scotty's got a new job?

• We are going to win today 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!