Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Match Thread: Accrington Stanley vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 12th March 2022

Comments

• Hi Charlotte, welcome to the  hot seat, keep an eye on Brownie... B)
  • Scoham said:
    OS says

CM

Lavelle Pearce Gunter

Clare        Dobson        Purrington

Lee         Fraser

Leko     Stockley

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/622ca2a5a3822/team-news-clare-and-leko-start-at-accrington
    I make that at least 3 players playing out of position......4 if you count Leko (which I do).

I see Jacko has learnt from Master Bowyer.
    I doubt you could find a game out of our last 15, where we had less than 3 out of position. But we've certainly had more than 3 on a few occasions. 
  • edited March 2022
    I thought Clare left Oxford because he didn't want to play wingback. 

He could be at CB with Gunter there. 
  • Leko…… why.
  • MacGillivray
    Lavelle, Pearce, Gunter
    Dobson
    Clare, Lee, Fraser, Purrington
    Stockley, Leko

Staying defensive then?
  • edited March 2022
    Although I am sick of the 3-5-2, I'd rather we played it like this with full backs as wing backs than wingers as wing backs. Especially away from home.

However, once we've got enough points on the board to be safe, I'd like to see Elerewe instead of Gunter, to see if he can be a regular next season. He has great potential as a ball playing CB that can stride out of defence.
    It’s technically  a 5-4-1, the two wingbacks aren’t really wingbacks, and Leko isn’t a striker, actually I don’t know what the fuck he is?? Playing systems with unnatural players in those positions is getting on my tots a bit. Started the season excited for kick off, now I’m just fed up with it.
  • Leko…… why.
    So we can get Washington on at half time and get us the winner, he is not up to a full match at the moment as per Jacko
  • Scoham said:
    OS says

CM

Lavelle Pearce Gunter

Clare        Dobson        Purrington

Lee         Fraser

Leko     Stockley

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/622ca2a5a3822/team-news-clare-and-leko-start-at-accrington
    I make that at least 3 players playing out of position......4 if you count Leko (which I do).

I see Jacko has learnt from Master Bowyer.
    I think Purrington and Clare will be primarily defenders rather than wingers, so not too much out of position. This looks like a team set up to avoid losing, which away from home makes sense. I think wherever you play Leko he is out of position!
  • Oggy Red said:
    ross1 said:
    I was listening to Scott Minto on Talksport this morning, preparing to commentate on Brightons game
    Scotty's got a new job?

Outrageous. How can he not want to commentate on accrington/Charlton?

Surely Talksport don't pay more? 😁 
  • Sponsored links:

• Don't like Lee AND Fraser, as that leaves the central midfield too lightweight.

Grim to have Harvey on the bench, our 4th choice keeper, not even including AMB. If Beadle hadn't left, I imagine he might have got the nod
  • I was not particularly impressed by Lee and Fraser together in midfield last week. Suspect they're in there to help us break Stanley down but I worry about the physical battle in midfield. I would have gone with one or the other and Gilbey who has a bit more about him. 
  • Where is Fawemo? Not even on bench. Is he injured or out of favour? 
  • Where is Fawemo? Not even on bench. Is he injured or out of favour? 
    Not left out because too many loan players
  • Neither of our January young loan signings on the bench...
  • edited March 2022
    We are going to win today 
    A clean sheet win?
  • Nathan Harvey on the bench?
    Really?
    Wonder if there is a mix up regarding names going on, as in Nathan Harness.

• So where are the fabulous loan players we took on in January ?  These Premiership superstars who were supposed to get us up the table & into the play offs.

Just more wasted opportunities to use OUR players.

Ho hum. 
  • ross1 said:
    Where is Fawemo? Not even on bench. Is he injured or out of favour? 
    ? I can only see three in that squad
  • Sponsored links:

• Good to see two of our scholars in Kanu and Campbell being presented with their shirts after making their debuts , great to see, and hopefully more to follow soon..
  • I'd imagine its Clare RWB and Gunter LCB but with that XI I'd like to see the diamond:
    Mac
    Gunter Lavelle Pearce Purrington
    Dobson
    Clare Fraser
    Lee
    Leko Stockley
  • ross1 said:
    Where is Fawemo? Not even on bench. Is he injured or out of favour? 
    Nowhere near, we've only got 3 in the squad
  • Matt Svenssen just said, "Curbs approached me when I was playing for another club in London".

Classy, Matt. No need to mention the unmentionable. :wink:

• So where are the fabulous loan players we took on in January ?  These Premiership superstars who were supposed to get us up the table & into the play offs.

Ho hum. 
    Well hang on, make your mind up. Are you annoyed that the loan players aren't playing, or are you annoyed that the loan players are taking first team spots away from our own players, because it can't be both. Which is it? I mean, I know that the answer to 'what are you angry about Golfie?' is 'yes' but still, these are mutually exclusive whine lines. Pick a lane.

Ho hum. 
    Well hang on, make your mind up. Are you annoyed that the loan players aren't playing, or are you annoyed that the loan players are taking first team spots away from our own players, because it can't be both. Which is it? I mean, I know that the answer to 'what are you angry about Golfie?' is 'yes' but still, these are mutually exclusive whine lines. Pick a lane.
    Wernham Hogg
  • We are going to win today 
    Is there a specific omen that makes you think that, or are you that confident in the formation?
  • edited March 2022
    aliwibble said:
    We are going to win today 
    Is there a specific omen that makes you think that, or are you that confident in the formation?
    He's the boss Ali, he can say what he wants,..ain't that right boss.. don't forget the promote... ;)
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!