Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Match Thread: Accrington Stanley vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 12th March 2022

Comments

• Scoham said:
    As soon as we are through this run of tough games we will be fine and start brushing the smaller teams aside.....

Sadly I think are think we have poor players who are poorly coached, and this is proving it. 
    No real motivation either. Majority are either under contract or know they’re on their way out in the summer.
    Nothing to play for other than scraping together enough points to survive.
    Not really looking like the players even have the will to do that.

• As soon as we are through this run of tough games we will be fine and start brushing the smaller teams aside.....
    So you mean as soon as the season finishes and we then have our pre season friendlies against " The Dog and Duck, The Kings Arms, The Queens Head......etc etc 
  • It's grim op norf!
  • edited March 2022
    Can we start protesting against the new contracts given to these players now before they're renewed in the summer? 

Saves the club pretending that there's no one better available in the market than these lot. 
  • Squeaky bum time Tuesday night. Us losing and Dobson's 10th yellow double whammy incoming. We will win today, my arse!
  • edited March 2022
    Need Washington on straight after HT. Leko is cack
    1. 45'+2'

Post update

Rosaire Longelo (Accrington Stanley) wins a free kick in the defensive half.

2. 45'+2'

Post update

Foul by Jonathan Leko (Charlton Athletic).

• edited March 2022
    Whew.

Off for bishop bash after such a dirty display. 
  • HT 2-1
  • Sponsored links:

• Still don’t understand how Leko gets a start, one of the laziest players I’ve seen, especially after last weeks game.

Sorry Jacko your time is up.
  • Jacko has no clue tbh
    Jacko points per game update anyone.
    Last 10 now worse than Adkins last ten..... 
  • Another cracking first half Jacko... :(
  • Fucking shit….
  • Is Adkins available for our next 10 🤣
  • Clueless in every way.
  • This formation is beyond a joke now, i seriously can't understand why Jackson persists with it.

We're shit at the back anyway, neither wing back is that good, we only have Dobson in midfield and we don't create anything. We haven't played well for weeks so why doesn't he change it?
    Fully agree. Got players to change up to wingers and play a solid back 4. 

Said it before and I'll say it again..I desperately want him to succeed but I can't see it...he just isn't learning 

• This formation is beyond a joke now, i seriously can't understand why Jackson persists with it.

We're shit at the back anyway, neither wing back is that good, we only have Dobson in midfield and we don't create anything. We haven't played well for weeks so why doesn't he change it?
    If we’re shit at the back, how does going from five bodies to four help with that?
  • We look utterly clueless.

How many seasons now is it that the opposition team seem to be able to walk through us with ease, especially on the turn over of play, yet when we are in similar positions we come just end up running into dead ends.

• Sponsored links:

• Same old crap. All over the shop at set plays, another goal conceded from our right hand side. Overrun in midfield. Very little threat. So fucking boring.
  • Piss poor. No character in that team. We look like conceding with every free kick we concede near the box.
  • I mean what's the worst can happen? Trips to Harrogate, Bradford, Carlisle next season beautiful places to visit in the summer in daylight.
  • At least we're peppering their goal to give us confidence in the second half. 
  • ct_addick said:
    Fucking shit….
    Short but succinct. And nothing else needs to be said. 
  • The other thing that worries me about Jackson is that very rarely does he make an early change if things aren’t working, it’s almost just cross fingers and hope it gets better. Fairly stunned that we haven’t changed shape after 1 point from 18. Defensively we are woeful and we hardly ever score.. doesn’t make for great results.
  • edited March 2022
    ross1 said:
    HT 2-1
    Phew! Only 2-1. Jacko will be so relieved that we didn't concede a third.

• No matter the failings of these players, noone can deny Jackson cannot get anywhere near close to the best out of them.
  • Throw in from Purrington  to Leko that went straight out for a GK sums it up. We have no idea what we're meant to be doing and some of the players can't even be arsed to try.

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!