Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sandgaard interviewing other managers

Comments

• Options
    Just give him the f*cking job Thomas.

It's no longer a fair gradual waiting game.

The NH thing is very weird.
  • Options
    Dave2l said:
    Just give him the f*cking job Thomas.

It's no longer a fair gradual waiting game.

The NH thing is very weird.
    Totally agree. People leaping to the conclusion that Harris being at the game is part of a deep-rooted managerial conspiracy is very weird.
  • Options
    I think we should Give it to jacko till the end of season with a promise of a long term deal if we carry on as we have been going and have pushed playoffs or better that way he and the players hopefully wont let up and still keep up this level of consistency as im sure in the back of TS mind he is worried if he gives it now and all goes wrong again he is back in another bad situation

back him in jan and let him bring in whoever he wants round him now in the coaching team and see how we go
  • Options
    Have had no real issue with Sandgaard making JJ earn the job and not just immediately giving it to him after a short honeymoon period/bounce, but now particularly after yesterday, come on just make it official, there's more danger of it going the other way and becoming a circus of will he/won't he if it goes on longer and ruining our great form
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    I believe Jacko would leave if somebody was appointed over his head.

Good because that's the worst, of the 3,possible outcome. 
  • Options
    Just out of interest, for those Charlton fans not at the game and watching it on Charlton tv, is Alan C backing JJ to get the gig?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2021
    stonemuse said:
    Just out of interest, for those Charlton fans not at the game and watching it on Charlton tv, is Alan C backing JJ to get the gig?
    Yes, as is Minto and Stevie Brown 
    Thank you, that’s good to hear, so at least Thomas will get to hear it from a club legend, rather than is lot constantly, who he probably thinks are ‘fruitcakes’ 😂 
  • Options
    All the pre game stuff is put on you tube, really is a good watch. Curbs is very much pro Jacko 
  • Options
    I still think it’s a matter of when not if Jackson gets appointed.  TS may have had a blip in appointing Adkins and it’s stuttered the momentum under his ownership, but I think he’d have seen y’day just what Jackson has brought first hand.  

Hopefully sooner rather than later, but I can’t see TS making any other appointment.  It would be a massive mistake and although there have been a few little ones in his tenure, he doesn’t strike me as an individual to make a big one by not appointing Jackson 
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    I think we should Give it to jacko till the end of season with a promise of a long term deal if we carry on as we have been going and have pushed playoffs or better that way he and the players hopefully wont let up and still keep up this level of consistency as im sure in the back of TS mind he is worried if he gives it now and all goes wrong again he is back in another bad situation

back him in jan and let him bring in whoever he wants round him now in the coaching team and see how we go
    If we appoint him we need to tie him down for longer - what if he does well all season, and can then walk away for free to a Championship job?
  • Options
    If Michael Carrick wins next 4/5 games as Man Utd caretaker manager do you think they will give him the job …??? 

TS is correct in waiting and getting it right .. fact we are winning strangely gives him more time to be 100% sure 

• Options
    Rossman92 said:
    I swear this is the 5th time that Neil Harris has been in the directors box and the same assumptions are thrown about every time with zero substance, no chance he gets the job.

Also, it’s just a fact of business nowadays that promotions that seem obvious in a job just don’t usually happen right away. When a job becomes available, it just seems standard protocol to interview other people as that is the professional thing to do, regardless how obvious it is who should get the job. Boils my piss in my own career on a daily basis, but I see why Thomas is doing it. 

So many jumped to conclusions over the transfer window saying it was the worst in the clubs history, and now that a new manager is in the mix and we are playing better, we are God’s gift to football. For the sake of sanity, just wait and see what happens before assuming the worst 

Didn't Harris recently say in an interview that his Millwall background would rule him out for the job .
  • Options
    Not read all this thread but apparently NH was at the game on behalf of Ipswich Town, not sure if true  or not, but thats what I heard.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I’m confused by “If it ain’t broke, don’t try and fix it.” Does that mean don’t give JJ the gig, because it’s working with him as caretaker? 
  • Options

If we appoint him we need to tie him down for longer - what if he does well all season, and can then walk away for free to a Championship job?
    He already has an 18 month contract.  How long would a rookie manager normally get? 
  • Options
    I reckon JJ will leave if he doesn't get the job this time and is asked if he will revert to the assistant manager role. If I was in his situation my pride would tell me that it is time to move on.

I just wonder of TS with his business background is more comfortable with the idea of a manager who can manage upward relationships (i.e. with him) as well as get results with the players. Hence the appointment of Adkins who I suspect he thought had a broader outlook than a character such as Bowyer but as it turned out perhaps a style that didn't necessarily work in the dressing room. So maybe he sees JJ as more of a Bowyer-like character and is wrestling with the thought of appointing him.

It just feels to me that there is a time and a place to go with someone and that someone right now is JJ. I could see a negative bounce if another manager was brought in after JJ has created the current feel-good atmosphere. Perhaps some flexibility on the contract duration is what needs to be negotiated.
  • Options
    If Michael Carrick wins next 4/5 games as Man Utd caretaker manager do you think they will give him the job …??? 

TS is correct in waiting and getting it right .. fact we are winning strangely gives him more time to be 100% sure 

I’d be more in agreement if I trusted him and nepotism Ged/ Jed to bring in someone good, not just someone that grins and posts Twitter videos about attacking the day . 

The facts are, we’ve only seen performances of that quality and passion under CP and Bowyer since Curbs .  He deserves the job - the next couple of games won’t change anything in my view, when we are likely to only have one genuine centre half fit .  
  • Options
    Not read all this thread but apparently NH was at the game on behalf of Ipswich Town, not sure if true  or not, but thats what I heard.
    Yes me too, posted so too.
    But ironically for people who over analyse everything, noone seems to care!
  • Options
    He is as is Scott.
    But Sir Alan also understand why TS isn’t in a rush.
    I think that’s important to add.
  • Options
    DA9 said:
    I did notice Dr Maloney joining in the clapping and singing of “Johnnie Jackson’s Red Army” whilst sat next to Thomas yesterday 😂😂😂 
    Jacko looks like Elvis and plays the guitar - the only reason I can think TS hasn’t already given him the job !!😂😂