Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sandgaard interviewing other managers

Comments

• Would be a massive own goal and a PR disaster if Thomas went elsewhere now.

I was advocating a clean sweep and Jackson and Euell out of the door, but have done an about face on that. This isn't just a new manager bounce, the difference in the team is day and night. Players like Famewo looked like an accident waiting too happen under Adkins, look at him today.

The team look well drilled, fired up for 90+ minutes every week and most importantly look like a team. No the rabble of strangers they were fast becoming. Look at that Accrington performance and can anyone honestly say the could see this sort of turn round?

Dobson, DJ, MacG, Pearce, Famewo etc etc all looked duds under Adkins. All have been superb today.

I worry that if Jackson gets the job the intensity will drop off, but it's certainly a risk I would take.

Why would it ? JJ has told the squad this is what I demand of you, buy into it or you don't play. We're playing good football, we're on a journey to quote bowyer, what player doesn't want to be part of a good successful team  :D
  • Notice that Harris has been to a few games though, wasn't he at Wycombe as well
  • Yeh he certainly needs to just give him the job now. 

I was ok with the stalling of it but it's now a no brainer.

Stop wasting time. Get it done.

• Sponsored links:

• The same set of players that couldn't buy a performance under Adkins have just hammered the top of the league in form side with every player running through walls for Jackson even in injury time 2 up and left it all on the pitch.

Jackson has this set of players making playoffs look a real possibility and the most in form team in the league since he took the reins.

What else is there to consider beyond that.

No brainer to give him the job now asap.

After the recent Manchester derby I think it was shearer who pointed out the difference between the two teams (well 1 of the differences) Utd players were just jogging to  close players down & challenge, City's world superstars were busting a gut to close down & challenge Utd players in the last seconds of the game. Obviously I'm not comparing City to Charlton (we are so much better  :D) but if you can galvanise players to give this effort then you are halfway there.
  • Are there any other positions which Harris could be interested in, other than the 1st team manager role?
  • Are there any other positions which Harris could be interested in, other than the 1st team manager role?
    Official club hate figure? 
  • If Thomas appointed Harris it would only go to prove how little he knows about Charlton and football generally.
    I’d say the question is are there other reasons why he’d be at our game? 100% yes. No chance he’ll be our next manager.
    Can't seem him wanting any role with us.

Why piss off Millwall where he's a club legend when there are other jobs out there?
  • CH4RLTON said:
    Imagine a club legend getting you out of the shit following piss poor managerial appointment only to not give him the job in favour of Millwall scumbag , that really wouldn't go down well at all
    Never going to happen, but would be bloody funny if it did. 
    It would be a ridiculous appointment for both sets of fans 
  • Heard someone saying after the game Neil Harris was in the directors box today.

Piss poor and hugely disrespectful to Jackson if so.

If he's considering appointing Harris he's got a lot to learn.

Hopefully just unfounded gossip.
    I’ll keep saying it.
    Harris can be seen quite often at The Valley when Wall are away, especially now he’s out of work.
    Plus, he’s actually answered, when questioned, ‘I’m Wall aren’t I’.

But don’t let that get in the way of peoples heads exploding 🙄
    This is a good point actually, i do remember him saying this but can't remember where.

But it does then lead to the question, of all the teams in London why does a Millwall legend come to watch Charlton? I don't imagine Curbs (when out of work) was going regularly to the Den.
  • Sponsored links:

Kit man, but I think that is a skilled job.
    Can't seem him wanting any role with us.

Why piss off Millwall where he's a club legend when there are other jobs out there?
    Believe me it wouldnt piss us off. He’s a club legend for what he did on the pitch, but off it, as a manager, very few rated him. 

If he went to Charlton and you started struggling again the ‘Agent Harris’ jibes would start. 
  • Maybe he was offered a free ticket by a season ticket holder  :)
  • There is zero chance of Harris getting the nod over Jackson. Some good to steady results up until Christmas and the jobs Jackson’s. For any doubt on that we’d need to lose four of the five. I can’t see that.
  • cabbles said:
    Notice that Harris has been to a few games though, wasn't he at Wycombe as well
    I’ve got him a seat on the coach to Morecombe on Tuesday.  I’m going to convert him 
    Someone’s confident…
  • Jacko should get it now on current form. But I can also understand TS holding out a bit. He mentioned in his interview today the inevitable new manager bounce so it’s playing on his mind. Personally I think he’ll wait 5 or 6 more games and then appoint him. I think that’s the best approach and why not? There is no rush really. The next 2 games will be important, show us how we’re really doing. These are rubber meeting the road games. Difficult fixtures against struggling teams coming just after a very grueling home battle. A typical banana skin. Hopefully after those 2 games we’ll see that Jacko can adjust to the grueling season. I think he will and I also think he is the man for the job but I don’t have any problem with Sandgaard waiting it out a bit. He’s not stupid and knows the impact Jacko is currently having. 
  • cabbles said:
    Notice that Harris has been to a few games though, wasn't he at Wycombe as well
    I’ve got him a seat on the coach to Morecombe on Tuesday.  I’m going to convert him 
    Into what?