Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sandgaard interviewing other managers

Comments

• Options
    I’ve said it before… there are no really good managers in the lower leagues. Thus JJ is as good as any and he has passed the interview. Although at the same time I will say our recent performance feels like a classic bounce to me. Remember how Ole Gunner won his first 5 and all the same chants of “Give him the job!” we’re heard?
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    DA9 said:
    I did notice Dr Maloney joining in the clapping and singing of “Johnnie Jackson’s Red Army” whilst sat next to Thomas yesterday 😂😂😂 
    Jacko looks like Elvis and plays the guitar - the only reason I can think TS hasn’t already given him the job !!😂😂
    I think Jacko may have to agree to play rhythm or Bass, lead guitarists, prima donna's or what.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

❤️
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    Jimmy Flloyd ..  I find all this talk of other people keep getting in the paper odd and uncomfotable.
  • Options
    Jimmy Flloyd ..  I find all this talk of other people keep getting in the paper odd and uncomfotable.
    Would be a great headline act for the new #UnfillTheValley initiative 
  • Options
    Hasselbaink has hardly warmed himself to the Club and fans (yes the one he played for once). No thanks.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    bobmunro said:

Just been sent this. 

Ah - but Mark said 'Harris', not 'Neil Harris'.

I conclude that the lady doth protest too much (in my best Poirot voice).
    She is American, its probably a shit answer to a jeopardy question.

The most unpopular person we could employ. 

For two thousand dollars, who is Neil Rolf Harris?

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hasslebank 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
  • Options
    As I said earlier, anyone else will be doing a league 1 version of Rafa at Chelsea, Piggybank would be one of the worst 
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    I’m keen on a threesome with Megan Fox and Sofia Vergara…
    Have you seen Megan Fox's thumb?  :s 

;)
  • Options
    All the pantomime villains are out in force. Wouldn’t be surprised if Pardew name is released to the media in next week.
  • Options
    It could be that TS doesn't see a problem and the need to rush. We are doing very well and why not keep it as it is for a few more weeks. It shouldn't matter one way or the other if that is the case. JJ will get the job at some point this calendar year and he probably knows that.
  • Options
    I understand everyone's panic after that article, it put me on edge too - but Tommy is no idiot and I think he will be fully aware of the huge backlash (rightfully so) passing on JJ would create.

He's shown before he pays attention to the general opinion via social media etc (i.e. pulling back on the Addicks to Victory at the start of the game) and is fully aware of the personal affection we as a set of fans have for JJ, and will obviously be happy with the turnaround in performances. I think he just wants to give it another week or 2 to ensure its not just a new manager bounce and to see if JJ can cope well in some more adverse situations if they present themselves. 

I'm 99% sure JJ has the job in all but writing, and should have a contract in front of him soon enough - however if TS does go with someone else he'll have lost me too and I'm sure all hell will break loose 
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    I think we are worried because we don't know. But the likely scenario is JJ will get the job and from Sandgaard's perspective you can see how there isn't a problem to solve. We are winning and it is unlikely JJ is going to be poached in the next few weeks but having said that, if say he gave JJ the job until the end of the season and he gets us promotion, there may be some serious suitors. 

It might be better JJ getting a three year deal just before Christmas say, and of course JJ knowing now that this is a likely event unless there is an unlikely disaster
  • Options
    Once you have had the main man role and know you can do it, and do it well, going back to assistant isn't going to work and i expect JJ will leave TS with no doubt about that this week because its something TS will also need to know if by some crazy chancem, he does appoint somebody else. JJ won't want to burn his bridges without something else lined up however and i'm sure he's proabbly been chatting to a few like LB just in case it goes tits up. Personally i think this will be wrapped up and JJ will be given the job before TS goes back - i certainly hope so.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    DOUCHER said:
    Once you have had the main man role and know you can do it, and do it well, going back to assistant isn't going to work and i expect JJ will leave TS with no doubt about that this week because its something TS will also need to know if by some crazy chancem, he does appoint somebody else. JJ won't want to burn his bridges without something else lined up however and i'm sure he's proabbly been chatting to a few like LB just in case it goes tits up. Personally i think this will be wrapped up and JJ will be given the job before TS goes back - i certainly hope so.
    Having to move to Bimingham say and be an assistant as opposed to being the main man at Charlton - doesn't bare thinking about and he shouldn't be having to think about it much longer please TS.  
  • Options
    If Sandgaard thinks he is squeezing 5, 10 or maybe more percent out of the atmosphere in the squad and support by pushing on with the trial period and the "thrill of the chase" for Jacko, why wouldn't he.

There is an element of risk as there always is but at the moment he is on the right side of that in my view and we of course have no idea what is being said behind the scenes. Jacko won't go anywhere unless he doesn't get the top job and in the meantime he's created a wave of optimism and a siege mentality in the squad which seems to have led to complete unity.

We needed an absolute miracle for this season to go anywhere remotely positive just a few weeks ago. At the moment, collectively a miracle is starting to be delivered.

Sandgaard is not stupid. This will end in Jacko getting the job. It's just brinkmanship first to push this buzz as far as it can go to try to make up for the abhorrent summer and autumn. All depends on when Sandgaard decides he's squeezed out every last drop and in the meantime, there is no downside.
  • Options
    I hope TS has spoken to JJ and given him a timescale for appt depending on results. How long is a reasonable trial?

We were relegation fodder under Adkins and are unrecognisable under JJ even with injuries to key players. The football and the results have improved.

Seems a bigger risk to me to appoint from outside.

• Options
    All the pantomime villains are out in force. Wouldn’t be surprised if Pardew name is released to the media in next week.
    Not a big enough job for Pards.
  • Options
    If Sandgaard thinks he is squeezing 5, 10 or maybe more percent out of the atmosphere in the squad and support by pushing on with the trial period and the "thrill of the chase" for Jacko, why wouldn't he.

There is an element of risk as there always is but at the moment he is on the right side of that in my view and we of course have no idea what is being said behind the scenes. Jacko won't go anywhere unless he doesn't get the top job and in the meantime he's created a wave of optimism and a siege mentality in the squad which seems to have led to complete unity.

We needed an absolute miracle for this season to go anywhere remotely positive just a few weeks ago. At the moment, collectively a miracle is starting to be delivered.

Sandgaard is not stupid. This will end in Jacko getting the job. It's just brinkmanship first to push this buzz as far as it can go to try to make up for the abhorrent summer and autumn. All depends on when Sandgaard decides he's squeezed out every last drop and in the meantime, there is no downside.
     I agree.
    We need to keep up this relentless push until Christmas to be in and amongst it imo.
    The uncertainty of Jackson's future appears to be pushing the players to extraordinary levels of endeavour. They want him to get the job and are leaving it all on the pitch as their way if letting those who need to know,.know

Quite how long you can keep this up for I'm not sure? But I understand the rhetoric.
  • Options
    There always people going to be linked .. but fact is we have only spoken to two managers and that was back around the Adkins leaving 
  • Options
    There always people going to be linked .. but fact is we have only spoken to two managers and that was back around the Adkins leaving 
    Is this a fact?
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    I’ve commented before that I thought after the Plymouth game, whatever the result, was the time to give Jacko a 2 year contract and if Tommy was still in the country to do it today. That opinion and timing hasn’t changed but it’s even more spot on imo because of something else I hadn’t considered when I posted it. At the time I hadn’t known about ‘fill the valley’ and how fucking successful if would turn out to be; and that the half price season ticket campaign would start. Appoint Jacko and the euphoria and goodwill from Saturday will grab a few more commitments for the rest of the season. It’s all about timing and Tommy has set things up nicely so I suspect he won’t want to let the opportunity he has created just fade away by not appointing Jacko & Jason asap now. Delaying it further or appointing anybody else now would probably have marginally less negative impact than Boris announcing the UK is going into lockdown for Christmas but it wont feel like it.
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    Pleased Johnnie Jackson has said he wants to be a manager, and letting Thomas Sandgaard know that, if he doesn't get the job at Cafc he doesn't fancy going back as a coach for the second time and why should he with the affect all through the club in spirit and kicking the apathy away in one training session.

It's quite a brutal business and everyone in football knows that, so JJ has to fight his corner and not be modest about his position and ambitions.