Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sandgaard interviewing other managers

15678911»

Comments

• Options
    As things stand I want JJ appointed but although I obviously don't want us to lose a game I do wonder how he would react and cope with a negative result, maybe TS feels the same. As far as JFH is concerned I don't think we should judge him as a player for us but on what he is as a manager and that seems to be working out ok for him. The problem with him or anyone else taking over is the fans reaction at JJ not getting the gig and it won't be pleasant!
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    Thanks for the link Ricky:

Great insight for fans/critics who were unaware of the role of the coach under different managers. 
    Johnnie Jackson has a simplistic way of getting his message across to players, and I'm pleased he has a ruthless side and can make quick decisions. Bowyer and Adkins were chalk and cheese in their approach to training and how they set the team up which wasn't a surprise.

There is only one man for the Charlton athletic managers job now. I didn't need to watch the video to know that but having seen comments on CL (I don't do twitter) many folk didn't understand the role of coach. I wonder what TS thought of the Washington goal and the assist from Craig MacGillivray ? You mix and match in football, and JJ makes it crystal clear to players what their individual job is so the team dovetail all over the field.

Asking the analyst to show him the training session again and why one particular player wasn't giving 100% was very telling that JJ will make a top manager.

If it's not at Charlton from mid December it will be one of the worse football decisions made since Jimmy Seed left the club.

• Options
    Clarky said:
    As things stand I want JJ appointed but although I obviously don't want us to lose a game I do wonder how he would react and cope with a negative result, maybe TS feels the same. As far as JFH is concerned I don't think we should judge him as a player for us but on what he is as a manager and that seems to be working out ok for him. The problem with him or anyone else taking over is the fans reaction at JJ not getting the gig and it won't be pleasant!
    Not at QPR it didn't
  • Options
    Stig said:
    I think all the fretting about this says far more about a fanbase who has seen their club take years of abuse at the hands of idiots and chancers than it does about the current custodian. Sandgaard isn't a stupid man. I think we can all afford to relax a bit, enjoy tonight's match and look forward to some good news in the near future. 
    Spot on in every respect Stig….nice one son.
    The years of abuse we have taken has without doubt had a tremendous effect on the outlook and distrust amongst our fan base……….is it little wonder. 😕
  • Options
    Clarky said:
    Not at QPR it didn't
    Agreed, but we are in the league below. Anyway, Jackson for me but it is not me, you or any of us who can make that decision.
  • Options
    I got round to watching the inside the 72 interview and I suggest everyone watch it. Really well researched questions and superbly answered by Jackson. I refuse to believe that any interview that Sangaard could conduct would produce more of a convincing case for employment. 
    Link?
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aAP9AI65kDk

It’s well worth a watch.
    Thanks Ricky.

I've just watched the beginning and it's extraordinary that Jacko says that he knew he would end up playing for us when he first came to The Valley with Spurs 
  • Options
    Smarty pants jimmy !
  • Options
    I got round to watching the inside the 72 interview and I suggest everyone watch it. Really well researched questions and superbly answered by Jackson. I refuse to believe that any interview that Sangaard could conduct would produce more of a convincing case for employment. 
    Link?
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aAP9AI65kDk

It’s well worth a watch.
    Great Video, I think TS has made the right choice.