Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-Match Thread | Charlton Athletic v Cheltenham Town | 11/09/21

Comments

• Options
    SID said:
    I know it’s still early days (for this season if nothing else) but we haven’t even had the brief pleasure of a false dawn have we. I dread to think how much further we might fall. 
    Wasn’t the false dawn the one defeat in 10 at the end of last season and missing out on the play offs on goal difference?
  • Options
    This was meant to be a bright new start. Who turned the bleeding’ lights off?
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Players bottled it today. 

Adkins is angry which is good.

Our 3 attacking midfielders were all pants today. 

Our defensive midfield pairing were simply outmanned and though I love Morgan he is clearly a CM not a CDM or CAM. Put in the best pass of the game though. 

All in all though I'm not happy with the result, I won't get dragged into the negativity, even if I am appreciative of the reasons for it as we continue to fail to pick up points.

Really disappointed we lost Lavelle to an injury. I expect Deji to be back in the side Tuesday.
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Stockley isn't good enough to play as a lone striker. I'll be amazed if he makes double figures this season, with that system. He had an absolute stinker today.
    No no no no no, you got it all wrong, he'll score 20 goals minimum, and all the other attacking players will get 10 each, remember?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I dont think we reached Bag of Shite levels
    Christ, I don't want to be here when we do
  • Options
    Nigel, I say Nigel….,,  
  • Options
    We were out-shot on goal 8-1.
  • Options
    More questions than answers. Adkins has to start answering them now.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Rob7Lee said:
    I'd firmly lay the blame on that with Adkins. It was clear 5 minutes in 4-3-3 was not working, should have moved to 442 at that point.

Some of the players are yet to raise their game to the standards expected. I think, although out of position, Gunter has been awful, as for Kirk..... blimey - he needs to up his game.

Overall I'm worried, we're getting beating most games by management of the game/tactics.
    We played 4231 you silly billy
  • Options
    Fook me sideways. 
    A midfield 3 of Morgan, Dobson & Clare isn't good enough or strong enough.

So Adkins decides a midfield 2 of Morgan & Watson is the answer.

I give up. 
    Yep. All the problems were in midfield today. Neither Watson or Morgan had good games, but they both did vs Crewe to be fair. They aren’t currently the answer but I felt sorry for them today. The starting shape just asked too much of them. 
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    An incredible performance - players seemed utterly clueless. Kirk and DJ were shocking and Watson/Morgan were invisible.

I have no idea what goes on in training - no energy and no closing down.

Losing faith in Adkins - embarrassing to be outclassed by Cheltenham.
  • Options
    Jessie said:
    I must admit I'm finding it hard to sleep right now. It's past 12am. Have we ever been this low before? Ever?😰
    I agree with @Jessie

this could be a new low for us. 
  • Options
    An incredible performance - players seemed utterly clueless. Kirk and DJ were shocking and Watson/Morgan were invisible.

I have no idea what goes on in training - no energy and no closing down.

Losing faith in Adkins - embarrassing to be outclassed by Cheltenham.
    Did you listen to his post match comments?

He's fuming with the squad and it's very clear no one's position is safe now we have competition for places.
  • Options
    To think some people slagged Lee Bowyer off, this Adkins is a joke!
    Bowyer would have blown a gasket after that first half. 

The least he demanded was a work effort, that lot today with few exceptions were devoid of any spirit.  I have to wonder about Kirk, I've not seen him pass anyone yet and as for tracking back or putting a tackle in forget it.  As usual our midfield was toothless and gutless.  I don't think Morgan and Watson can play in the same team.  

• Options
    It is quality he should be demanding. Zero composure or desire in the final third.
  • Options
    Oh great, our new CB is already injured. 

This felt no different to a Bowyer game playing people in new positions. Except, nobody was played in a new formation. 

Today confirmed to me that this shite league is our home. How good does the stadium look in the sun, mind.
  • Options
    Couldn't make today but I thought we were slightly lucky against Crewe in that they missed some chances. 

Beginning to lose confidence in Adkins.