Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-Match Thread | Charlton Athletic v Cheltenham Town | 11/09/21

Comments

• Options
    wmcf123 said:
    Croydon said:
    Stockley isn't good enough to play as a lone striker. I'll be amazed if he makes double figures this season, with that system. He had an absolute stinker today.
    We just lump it up to him as our one and only tactic 
    And even that ain't done well
  • Options
    It's going to be one of those seasons. No point wasting much energy in pre and post match reviews it seems.

Disappointed in Albie playing such an important position. He just doesnt seem ready for mens football. Watson was giving him tips when to use instep and laces for free kicks. Expected more from experienced players in Matthews, Famewo, Gunter. 

• Options
    Southbank said:
    Does not look as if we can play DJ and Kirk in the same 11.
    Would go with Arter Morgan Lee and Washington in midfield, with Leko and Stockley up front.
    And I miss Pratley.
    Ideally, don’t want Morgan anywhere near the first team! 

Best team would be (IMO)

mac 
    matthews innis famewo/lavelle souare
    DJ/CBT  arter  lee  leko/Washington
       Stockley leko/Washington 

however we all know that won’t happen, need a striker in ASAP 
  • Options
    Still not gonna change my tune from the last couple of months.

We are shite league one on the pitch.
    Signing shite league one and panicking in the last week of the window.
    Behaving like shite league one off pitch.
    Running ourselves like shite league one as a business.

Thats kinda it really. Not much more to say.
  • Options
    Players deservedly booed off at half time and full time. 
    Really don’t like Nigel.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    To be clear their centre forward Alfie May ran us ragged (Famewo is very poor, anyone disputing this ain't watching) and he  played for Vickers in Crayford and for Erith and Belvedere.  This is a Low (as Blur said).

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alfie_May

His brother works with me. Good Temple Hill lads. 
  • Options
    I dont think we reached Bag of Shite levels
  • Options
    Crossing hopeful balls into the area is just not a way to win matches, time and time again we lose to teams who can pass a ball into space in the box and score goals with ease.
  • Options
    There’s always next week 
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    We are now ten points behind target.
    TEN.
    That means winning all games at home and five away whilst drawing the rest.
    Not going to happen. I think the choice now is either a relegation battle or mid table obscurity.
    Yet Nigel talks such a good outlook. Surely worth keeping...........? Talk the talk, and you can blag a career post Thatcher. 
    Page 5 - 5 of the worst fouls in football history
    Are all Thatchers wankers?
  • Options
    Can’t wait to see what positives Adkins can derive from that pile of shit. The match against Crewe, he changed the tactics and went 442. Today, we revert back to 433 and it’s back to square one. Someone needs to tell him we haven’t got the players to go 433. I don’t get what he sees in Morgan. Him and Watson we’re liabilities in that first half. No one played a good game today apart from McGillivray who kept us in the match. Very disappointing considering the players we brought in over the transfer window. Finally, We’ll played Cheltenham. A fully deserved victory despite the time wasting. 
  • Options
    PWR

Embarrassing hearing the bottom of League One read out on Five Live Sport. Just simply embarrassing and it's not good enough.

We are like the Arsenal of League One. Small mercy that we don't have fans moaning on five live. Arteta = Adkins ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    More a pebble dashed toilet pan than a neatly packaged bag
  • Options
    This where I think this long term / money ball bollocks approach just isn’t cut out for a team trying battle of a league like this. It’s all well good and buying youngsters like Kirk and DJ with the idea of developing them over time to grow within the club but in the short term they are no better than the young home grown players we have ourselves. I really think we missed a trick not pushing the boat out and trying get one or two off the shelf ready to go league one players like Fraser who we clearly couldn’t compete with the likes of Wigan for.
  • Options
    Not going to specifically mention a player after today as collectively it was unacceptable from them all. That first half was tough to watch and even now I can’t work out what the game plan from the 1st minute was.

Too many mistakes and way too many long balls. Almost all long balls went to a Cheltenham player anyway, as did majority of 50/50 balls. 

Feel rather defeated by that performance. Recently made redundant and was a big deal to commit money for game and day out today. Was not worth it in the slightest, especially now spending less on other things for the next week to pay for it. 

Will leave it with one positive as the play from Washington and finish by Leko was a joy to watch right in front of my seat. 
  • Options
    Why do we attract managers obsessed with playing one up front ? 
    This bloke is no better than Robinson, who came in for a lot more stick.
  • Options
    Maybe we got rid of the wrong one out of Bowyer and Gallen. 

Has there been a single signing that has paid off? MacGillivray is the only one I could point to that looks a good player. 
    Well it's not just Gallen is it ? There are four people involved in recruitment & they all have to agree on a player, maybe this is where the problem is ?
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Could do a lot worse than Curbs and Morts 
    Really good post game analysis.
    Think Adkins will sort it but no more Stockley up top alone and no more of Watson or Morgan at all.
    Soure in for Gunter. Arter and Dobson in the middle. Washington with Stockley.