Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-Match Thread | Charlton Athletic v Cheltenham Town | 11/09/21

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2021
    This is the point where a manager stops blaming his players and rolls his sleeves up. We need to see that from Adkins. One thing I would do is drop Matthews, he can't play any sort of reliable cross unless you count reliably bad. The full backs are too isolated from the wide players. It is crazy!
  • Options
    This is the point where a manager stops blaming his players and rolls his sleeves up. We need to see that from Adkins. 
    we need to see him getting his P45
  • Options
    I’ve been saying it since pre season, but DJ isn’t good enough to be first choice in a team chasing promotion - Kirk isn’t much better. When Connor Washington comes on and makes a difference, it sums up how bad your squad is. 
  • Options
    Getting beaten comprehensively at home by Cheltenham must be a new low. Their fans must be the biggest bunch of cretins I’ve ever witnessed.
  • Options
    Felt sorry for Kirk; Gunter was for me the weakest link and his lack of confidence showed. Did he ever put a ball let alone a decent ball up the wing for anyone. Bottled it and kept just passing it back to akin who then just hoofed it up invariably to the opposition who then came and attacked. Our passing and shooting was poor. Our goalkeeper stopped three very good chances and as such he is our man of the match. Those first 20 minutes into the second half had me believing but after that Washington continued to play well but I stopped believing we were going to get anything from the game. What on earth was that first half about? Disappointed .and Adkins must get the defence to work better as they were overrun today.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2021
    When your two much vaunted wide men didn’t put in one single cross worthy of a professional footballer during the entire match what can you expect.
    Both were absolutely abysmal.🥺😡😠
    True, but they did get taken off early. If I wanted to defend them, I would say they were too isolated and didn't have great options when they had the ball. They were a couple of statues though today.
  • Options
    This is the point where a manager stops blaming his players and rolls his sleeves up. We need to see that from Adkins. 

He picks the team and if he’s picking players that can’t carry out his game plan then whose fault is that ?; and If they are totally incapable of  carrying out his game plan then he needs to change it to one they can carry out.

• Options
    edited September 2021
    Dazzler21 said:
    Lost one of his first 10, put in a decent preseason against tough sides, six league games later 

ADKINS OUT is being bellowed... 

I am not sure I agree. 

Let's see where we are in 9 games. 15 should certainly be a jair judgement point. 
    I'm not going to call for him to go yet, as he has a fairly new squad and will need some games with the new players but...........the football is atrocious and there's no real style of play. In every game this season (even Crewe when we won) the opposition has had more shots than us. You could make a case for him if we were dominating games and the ball just wasn't going in but we're creating fuck all almost every game.

I think we have to give him the 5 league games before the next international break but if things haven't improved by then, then that's 11 games and a quarter of the season, so he'll be in serious trouble and would probably have to go.
  • Options
    I'm sure that our squad is far better than our, performances and results. 

We are being set up wrong, we only need to tweak things and all will turn around. Of course Adkins has to take the blame for the poor football just now, why can't he see what we can? 
  • Options
    Wrote this pre match when lots of people were picking there starting lineup, nothing today has made me change my mind, in fact it has enhanced the fact.

Really don’t get why people are still crowbarring Morgan into the team.played better in the last game admittedly, but he’s done that for a game before and then been distinctly average for the next. Time to have a sit on the bench I think.

• Options
    Adkins ain’t going anywhere, no way TS will get rid of him at the moment. He wasn’t my choice for manager either, but it’d be best to park any misgivings you have about him for now because he will be our manager for a while yet. 
    agree with this goddamn it .. I have slated him a lot this season and want him gone ..
    of course on the assumption we are stuck with him, I wish him all the best and may his promotion winning management skills make me eat my words
  • Options
    Embarrassing…their players wanted it in the first half and played football rather than our route.
    Second half they were playing from the and at no point was we pressed except for the one occasion when Leko scored. It is basic football 
  • Options
    Fuck me that was shit . No positives from me Mr Adkins  .
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This club brings you such little joy it is insane!!
    It can’t just be us though can it?? Bloody feels like it though!!🤣😤
  • Options
    Wright and Boyle for Cheltenham were everything we need in our team right now. I really think some discussions will be taking place soon and can see JJ in charge by early November. Adkins spoke of basics and we are nowhere close. Not sure we had a midfield today and Duff countered our changes very well. If we’d gotten an equaliser it would have been robbery. The next four games are all very easy to lose and we could be in real trouble. 
  • Options
    Never been one for knee jerk reactions to managers but in ten games time if we haven’t long forgotten this ignominious start then it will be time to reassess Mr. Adkins.
  • Options
    Never been one for knee jerk reactions to managers but in ten games time if we haven’t long forgotten this ignominious start then it will be time to reassess Mr. Adkins.
    for 'reassess', insert SACK
  • Options
    Jessie said:
    I must admit I'm finding it hard to sleep right now. It's past 12am. Have we ever been this low before? Ever?😰
    Yes. Stupid fucking statement
    I am pretty sure we have never been this low in the league structure before.
  • Options
    First half was one of the most complete performances I've seen from a Charlton team...completely bad that is. 
    Said it at half time Kirk looks so disinterested and whilst I get he has personal issues which I can fully empathise with having lost my dad to cancer at a young age; if there is even the slightest bit of concern that he is not mentally thinking about football then stop wasting his and our time by putting him on the football pitch.

DJ looks just as much a waste of space at the moment. 

Cheltenham in the first half were impressive, second half they just turned into another annoying league 1 team. The amount of shirt-pulling, time-wasting, kicking the ball away etc tarnished my opinion of them.

The ref, although definitely not the reason for our loss was also another abject official. What is the point when the keeper has spent 75seconds timewasting for a goalkick, does he stop the game to just "warn" him? 

At least Leko scored, him and Lee should get better as they play more.