Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Post-Match Thread | Charlton Athletic v Cheltenham Town | 11/09/21

Comments

• It took me less than five minutes to find out Cheltenham were going to line up 352. Adkins and his staff had ten days to prepare and to find an answer to that. It was clear almost immeditiately that they didn't. Cheltenham could have had five goals today and without even playing great, if it wasn't for MacG. We only had one shot on target and 1.5 clear cut chance. Second half wasn't much better although we tried harder, but still no idea or tactic behind our attacking play. Wonder what mr. Positivity makes of this one. I just feel sad about it really.
  • We are now ten points behind target.
    TEN.
    That means winning all games at home and five away whilst drawing the rest.
    Not going to happen. I think the choice now is either a relegation battle or mid table obscurity.
  • Terrible. First half was embarrassing. It looked like a team versus 11 players thrown together. The defence looked shaky, midfield chasing shadows and strikers were lost,

Leko and Washington were improvements. Overall, very poor and the positivity from the end of the transfer window is over.
  • Maybe we got rid of the wrong one out of Bowyer and Gallen. 

Has there been a single signing that has paid off? MacGillivray is the only one I could point to that looks a good player. 
    Leko. 
  • Stockley isn't good enough to play as a lone striker. I'll be amazed if he makes double figures this season, with that system. He had an absolute stinker today.
  • Sponsored links:

• Four points from six games is just not good enough. Unless something changes we're going to finish with about 31 points from 46 games.
  • Always second to the ball to f**kin Cheltenham? **

Don't know what Watson's role is in a defensive situation, and I don't think he does either. Both goals, he's not marking anyone, he's just taking up a position in no man's land, seemingly hoping the ball comes to him sos he can clear it, I think.....

**Would say no disrespect, but they wound me up with the time wasting so f**k em
  • NA right now is defo not the answer…set us up all wrong surely…🤔,what a contrast to the Crewe game…mind we didn’t look to convincing on that one either,just a little better…
  • seth plum said:
    We are now ten points behind target.
    TEN.
    That means winning all games at home and five away whilst drawing the rest.
    Not going to happen. I think the choice now is either a relegation battle or mid table obscurity.
    Yet Nigel talks such a good outlook. Surely worth keeping...........? Talk the talk, and you can blag a career post Thatcher. 
  • Washington and Leko need to start next week and give Stockley rest. Like eveyone else had said the problem is when try long balls up a target man all afternoon then you in doing give your opponents a lot of the ball
  • Sponsored links:

• Currently in xbars seething at that shite....always try to get home in a reasonable time., seeing it takes me 2 hours to do it and try to savour some of Saturday night with her indoors,  but she is after all these years sympathetic to my plight.

That was awful so many first and second balls lost no craft no speed and the defending for both goals appaling. We could have been 4 down at half time.

Was contemplating gillingham and wycombe away, but no way Jose after that.
  • To be clear their centre forward Alfie May ran us ragged (Famewo is very poor, anyone disputing this ain't watching) and he  played for Vickers in Crayford and for Erith and Belvedere.  This is a Low (as Blur said).

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alfie_May

• Croydon said:
    Maybe we got rid of the wrong one out of Bowyer and Gallen. 

Has there been a single signing that has paid off? MacGillivray is the only one I could point to that looks a good player. 
    Leko. 
    Because we knew him before. 

Gallen given free reign this summer hasn't found a single gem. 
  • Croydon said:
    Stockley isn't good enough to play as a lone striker. I'll be amazed if he makes double figures this season, with that system. He had an absolute stinker today.
    We just lump it up to him as our one and only tactic 
  • Honest and hardworking players, anyone?
    Sorry, that was Cheltenham...