Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sandgaards ego can do one (Ed. And it has for now)

Comments

• I think the fact that he knows America and the way they do things there is relevant to how he has behaved here. In America this kind of thing probably gets received with more enthusiasm especially the bit where he plays the guitar and writes a song for the club and then goes ahead and place it on the pitch. This“Putting yourself out there“ in America probably is the way to set the tone. Here we are slightly more reserved and are slightly more cynical of open displays of emotion like this. 
  • seth plum said:
    The poll is on Twitter or Facebook or whatever it is, so it excludes the thousands of Charlton fans who don’t have those things.
    This kind of creeping cultural apartheid is commonplace sadly, for those who do not wish to enrich those companies or have the competence to use those things.
    Either way the RRR is in my opinion sacrosanct.

• CAFCTrev said:
    What’s a typical yank?

Hulk Hogan Guitar GIFs  Tenor
  • The amount of knicker twisting from our fans at the moment is getting really old. Every single little thing the club does is treated like it’s the worst thing that has ever happened.

Yes TS is an eccentric owner who clearly wants to try different things to engage the fan base and grow that fan base, will all those things work? Definitely not. Has he given us any reason to think he won’t listen to fans when concerns are voiced? Again absolutely not.

We run the risk of coming across as a really entitled fan base when we scream and shout at every tiny thing. 
    Well exactly this, you would think the blokes who spend half there time passionately complaining about stuff like this lead perfect lives outside of football. It's like you're not allowed to make mistakes these days, learn from them and grow.

There's a productive channel you can now voice issues like this to through the fan advisor, and imagine we lived in a world where those who didn't like what happened yesterday could contact said person with constructive feedback as to where they thought what happened was wrong. 

But instead due the tribalism in football we get a bunch of conspiracy theories, name calling, and entitled posts by people who it feels just need something to get angry about. 
    Think it’s a bit early to say the “fan adviser” is a “productive channel”. 
  • edited August 2021
    The amount of knicker twisting from our fans at the moment is getting really old. Every single little thing the club does is treated like it’s the worst thing that has ever happened.

Yes TS is an eccentric owner who clearly wants to try different things to engage the fan base and grow that fan base, will all those things work? Definitely not. Has he given us any reason to think he won’t listen to fans when concerns are voiced? Again absolutely not.

We run the risk of coming across as a really entitled fan base when we scream and shout at every tiny thing. 
    Well exactly this, you would think the blokes who spend half there time passionately complaining about stuff like this lead perfect lives outside of football. It's like you're not allowed to make mistakes these days, learn from them and grow.

There's a productive channel you can now voice issues like this to through the fan advisor, and imagine we lived in a world where those who didn't like what happened yesterday could contact said person with constructive feedback as to where they thought what happened was wrong. 

But instead due the tribalism in football we get a bunch of conspiracy theories, name calling, and entitled posts by people who it feels just need something to get angry about. 
    Why's it not productive in your opinion. Do you think she won't be able to pass on direct information to Sandgaard or someone else in senior management around the dissatisfaction of a large amount of the fan base?

Whether he takes it on board is a different matter.

Either way my point still stands. And it mirrors somewhat, what you said as in there will be fair and unfair criticism. I totally get why people may be aggrieved by what happened yesterday (I don't even think the song should be a thing at all), but the way 'some* individuals go about voicing there criticism, and the sort of stuff they say, I find somewhat mystifying from adults. 
  • The amount of knicker twisting from our fans at the moment is getting really old. Every single little thing the club does is treated like it’s the worst thing that has ever happened.

Why's it not productive in your opinion. Do you think she won't be able to pass on direct information to Sandgaard or someone else in senior management around the dissatisfaction of a large amount of the fan base?

Either way my point still stands. And it mirrors somewhat, what you said as in there will be fair and unfair criticism. I totally get why people may be aggrieved by what happened yesterday (I don't even think the song should be a thing at all), but the way 'some* individuals go about voicing there criticism, and the sort of stuff they say, I find somewhat mystifying from adults. 
    Outcomes?
    Okay, slighty confused. Are you saying that the feedback given to the fan Advisor will or won't find its way to the powers that be? 
  • Sponsored links:

Outcomes?
    Okay, slighty confused. Are you saying that the feedback given to the fan Advisor will or won't find its way to the powers that be? 
    I think he's saying that we need to see tangible improvements happen directly as a result of what fans have been suggesting to the fan advisor. 
  • Well indeed, but my point (perhaps does not come across as well as intended) was there's much more productive ways to voice your opinion then throwing your toys out the pram and coming up with all manner of triablist entitled posts.

Whether you get any positive outcomes, only time will tell and ultimately that will be senior management's decision to make - not the "fan advisors" -  whose appointment already seems to have falling into what Covered_End_Lad mentioned around fans moaning about every little thing.

Only time will tell. Though as ever it looks like *some* people are never willing to give anyone that time before making judgements. 
  • edited August 2021
    Well indeed, but my point (perhaps does not come across as well as intended) was there's much more productive ways to voice your opinion then throwing your toys out the pram and coming up with all manner of triablist entitled posts.

Whether you get any positive outcomes, only time will tell and ultimately that will be senior management's decision to make - not the "fan advisors" -  whose appointment already seems to have falling into what Covered_End_Lad mentioned around fans moaning about every little thing.

Only time will tell. Though as ever it looks like *some* people are never willing to give anyone that time before making judgements. 
    I think you’re falling into the trap of using a forum for expressing opinions to voice concern about people expressing opinions. 
    I've got nothing wrong with opinion, especially, when funny enough, I agree with the opinion. I've got an issue/concern with how people express opinion - 'typical yank' etc.

But again, maybe I've not be explicit enough about that. 

• Minto getting busy while Thomas strums himself 

Graham at his best?🤫
  • What’s a typical yank?

• 3blokes said:
    Speaking as someone who’s been known to dabble in the football song genre on occasion, ( 🙄🤦🏻‍♂️) firstly I would say, good on him for giving it a go. I can’t think of any other club owner doing that, so it’s not the worst thing an owner could do imho. RD on the other hand danced whether we won or lost.
    Anyway, I think the ‘mistake’ yesterday was playing it at the wrong time. An emotional return to the Valley should have been accompanied by RRR as the team came out. Addicks to Victory could have slotted in comfortably alongside other songs routinely played at the start like Into the Valley, London Calling and VFR. He would have likely got some praise for his efforts.
    As for the song itself, it is really tricky to write a terrace anthem because you never quite know what will stick and get taken up by the crowd. My pennyworth on Addicks to Victory would be to focus on that line ‘Addicks to Victory’ right from the start, speed it up a bit, repeat it loads and make that the chant in the hope it catches on.👍🏻
    But really what do I know? 🤷‍♂️
    A few good results, some new players in, and it could be a feature.of the pre match or half time, And maybe he should sell it as a download for a fund raiser for a worthy Charlton cause?

Speaking as an "also appearing" (assuming you didn't edit me out completely) I think you just can't beat a bit of Billy Cotton.

Yesterday was a strangely nostalgic day. Do you remember that evening kick-off in Leeds where you, Dave and myself drove back through the city centre with the windows wound down playing "We sing much louder than you" as loud as the speakers could manage?
    Remember it well! 🙂👍🏻 And that was definitely an Oooh Scotty Parker day….
  • Sponsored links:

• Hopefully just a one off but deserves to be booed if played again.
    Let’s go back to Roland , Southall , Elliott and the dentist 
  • Croydon said:
    Change the entrance song at any club in this country for an owner's own song, and there would be uproar. Does make me laugh that some on here think a moaning fanbase is something exclusive to Charlton. 

And a moaning fanbase can be heard and listened to.
    Cardiff supporters kicked up enough stink to get their home shirts changed back to blue after the nonsense of changing it to red.
    Exactly. Wonder how many on the bluebirds forum were calling each other entitled for that,  'Just be grateful he's bought us' etc etc