Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sandgaards ego can do one (Ed. And it has for now)

Comments

• Personally I think Red Red Robin is a bit naf, but it’s still part of our history and should only be replaced by VFR imo
  • edited August 2021
    What I want to know is, of the roughly 1000 voters so far… who are the 80 odd that voted for Addicks to Victory???
    The staff, TS pays their wages 😉 (tongue in cheek in case anybody is offended).
  • edited August 2021
    I thought I heard it and it got cut off after a few seconds and said as much it would go bent on here as soon as it happened.

Until the new owner gets a person who understands the club as a chief executive then this sort of thing will continue. 

Today’s matchday programme was a step in the right direction. The rest needs to follow on
  • JohnnyH2 said:
    JohnnyH2 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    MattF said:
    9% currently in favour of A2V
    Worrying the fans advisor needs to ask the supporters rather than just advising the club what should happen on this issue
    To be fair she needs to show that she has the backing of the supporters, as otherwise it just looks like her personal preference
    But surely as its in the job title of advisor you don't go to Twitter and a vote on everything that needs to be changed particularly on an issue that is very clear cut
    It’s the fans advisors role to advise if she know something is in the pipeline. You’d hope she’d be asked to advise on issues such as this one. But did she know anything about it in advance? Maybe not. 
    Once it’s happened she can speak to Thomas and say ‘I think that was a bad idea’, or she can say to Thomas ‘I think that was a bad idea, and in a poll 92% of fans who responded agree’. The poll can only help imho. 
  • JamesSeed said:
    JohnnyH2 said:
    JohnnyH2 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    MattF said:
    Worrying the fans advisor needs to ask the supporters rather than just advising the club what should happen on this issue
    To be fair she needs to show that she has the backing of the supporters, as otherwise it just looks like her personal preference
    But surely as its in the job title of advisor you don't go to Twitter and a vote on everything that needs to be changed particularly on an issue that is very clear cut
    It’s the fans advisors role to advise if she know something is in the pipeline. You’d hope she’d be asked to advise on issues such as this one. But did she know anything about it in advance? Maybe not. 
    Once it’s happened she can speak to Thomas and say ‘I think that was a bad idea’, or she can say to Thomas ‘I think that was a bad idea, and in a poll 92% of fans who responded agree’. The poll can only help imho. 
    The poll is irrelevant. Ask the man direct 
  • What I want to know is, of the roughly 1000 voters so far… who are the 80 odd that voted for Addicks to Victory???
    I suspect one of them may be the guy who tweeted ‘deal with it’. 🙂 
  • Minto getting busy while Thomas strums himself 

Matt Holland on the right?
  • Sponsored links:

• thenewbie said:
    shirty5 said:
    JamesSeed said:
    JohnnyH2 said:
    JohnnyH2 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    MattF said:
    No it isn't. If she's going to act as the fans' representative then it can only strengthen her case to show what fans actually think.
    Nonsense. He only has to read social
    media to work out the outrage that certain peoples feelings on what has happened today 
  • shirty5 said:
    thenewbie said:
    shirty5 said:
    JamesSeed said:
    JohnnyH2 said:
    JohnnyH2 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    MattF said:
    No it isn't. If she's going to act as the fans' representative then it can only strengthen her case to show what fans actually think.
    media to work out the outrage that certain peoples feelings on what has happened today 
    Then why have a fans’ advisor? 
  • edited August 2021
    JamesSeed said:
    shirty5 said:
    thenewbie said:
    shirty5 said:
    JamesSeed said:
    JohnnyH2 said:
    JohnnyH2 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    MattF said:
    Why don’t you ask him that the question then if you feel that strongly about it
  • edited August 2021
    Minto getting busy while Thomas strums himself 

Matt Holland on the right?
    Yep with the mighty Radostin Kishishev next to him 
  • shirty5 said:
    JamesSeed said:
    shirty5 said:
    thenewbie said:
    shirty5 said:
    JamesSeed said:
    JohnnyH2 said:
    JohnnyH2 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    MattF said:
    Why don’t you ask him that the question then if you feel that strongly about it
    I don’t want to ask him, ta. Don’t feel strongly enough about it. 
    You could ask him if you like. 
  • The " bet, regret" advert in the background  seems apt.
  • Sponsored links:

• Good old Murray 
    Ooh, I’m in that photo (at a distance) 
  • edited August 2021
    3blokes said:
    Speaking as someone who’s been known to dabble in the football song genre on occasion, ( 🙄🤦🏻‍♂️) firstly I would say, good on him for giving it a go. I can’t think of any other club owner doing that, so it’s not the worst thing an owner could do imho. RD on the other hand danced whether we won or lost.
    Anyway, I think the ‘mistake’ yesterday was playing it at the wrong time. An emotional return to the Valley should have been accompanied by RRR as the team came out. Addicks to Victory could have slotted in comfortably alongside other songs routinely played at the start like Into the Valley, London Calling and VFR. He would have likely got some praise for his efforts.
    As for the song itself, it is really tricky to write a terrace anthem because you never quite know what will stick and get taken up by the crowd. My pennyworth on Addicks to Victory would be to focus on that line ‘Addicks to Victory’ right from the start, speed it up a bit, repeat it loads and make that the chant in the hope it catches on.👍🏻
    But really what do I know? 🤷‍♂️
    A few good results, some new players in, and it could be a feature.of the pre match or half time, And maybe he should sell it as a download for a fund raiser for a worthy Charlton cause?

I think it should be played after a victory a bit like when we used to play congratulations. It would sound much better after a victory I'm sure.
  • I really liked the drum part just before the players came out the tunnel. However, RRR is our song.
  • thenewbie said:
    shirty5 said:
    JamesSeed said:
    JohnnyH2 said:
    JohnnyH2 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    MattF said:

I'd like to think she might have been asked on her view on what tune the players would be coming out to.
    Teething problems that can be sorted hopefully.
  • DA9 said:
    Good old Murray 
    Ooh, I’m in that photo (at a distance) 
    A shame Murray is.
  • What’s a typical yank?