Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sandgaards ego can do one (Ed. And it has for now)

1131415161719»

Comments

• For goodness sake, let the man have his moment of glory, he's earnt it.
    Thomas or Sporadic?
  • TBH the whole RRR debacle could have been avoided by better communication 
    The agenda for Saturday was well publicised it COULD OR SHOULD  have been advertised.... " traditional Red, Red Robin song will be played when a variety of Charlton legends are introduced onto the pitch as part of the celebration of Curbishley. Thomas's new song "Addicks to Victory" will be played as a one off as team come out. (Simple Enough)
    It feels that TS is to exposed and needs the support of either a CEO or a senior member of  CAFC staff who can help him navigate and steer through these early days as owner of a famous London Club.Buying Charlton, you get the club, team but also a passionate fan base who have been well and truly shafted by previous owners. Lets move on now, TS is still enjoying himself and why not, but actions speak louder than words or songs, so lets hope that when the transfer window closes TS has bought in new players to give Adkins the team he will need to get us out of League one. I also hope that TS doesn't wait too long before he buys the Valley and Sparrows Lane off RD.
  • Sponsored links:

• Many in the ground on Saturday had waited 18 months to see the team come out to RRR - it was to be a moment that signified a degree of normality, a return to something familiar, a moment to remember what had been missed. This was the fans moment, not TS's. 
    Can I just ask... Did you really think people go to just see the team come out to RRR if so that's an odd position. 

I am not even sure I'd have noticed immediately, maybe 10 seconds in or so...
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Nothing wrong with the thread title
    Really?!
    Maybe a touch extreme but i didn’t enjoy him wandering round the valley playing or guitar, let alone the lack of red red robin! Anyway small mistake, won’t happen again - not a big deal
    The red red robin was played, just not as the players came out.

Just to confirm if Sandgaard and his ego did one, we would be ownerless and accruing debts of 500k a month plus player salaries.
    If we were ownerless, who would be accruing the debt?
    The singing dentist
  • To be honest if Thomas didn’t have an ego it is unlikely he would be in a position to have saved us in the first place. It is probably his ego, drive and determination that helped him make his millions. Some of which he is pumping into us. I think we accept it as part of his make up and acknowledge he may get it wrong in the future at some point. He has done the right thing here.

But the work so far on the training ground, the medical dept, the staff restructure, the women’s team, the mascots, the renaming of a stand for a legend…surely point to a man who is seeing the bigger picture of our club and what is important to the fan base.

Yes, we’d all like to be in a position now where we had a full squad and we are certainly short. But surely he wouldn’t do all he has done if he was going to neglect developing and improving the squad. We will have to wait to see how that develops of course.
    Maybe he thinks that he has done, he did (almost) quote the Belgian the other day that in saying that they can't all play at once but then went on to say that they're looking at 2 for each position. Personally I don't think that will happen unless he's including all the youngsters, ready or not. 
  • There's no need to go around in circles now. All areas have been covered and surely we just act mature enough to not antagonise a debate that's had water placed over the fire.
  • I have not been a regular at matches for quite a while. The whole physical process of a game, parking, the walking and the stairs is now just too much for me, BUT the last time I got my decrepid old carcass along to the Valley, when the RRR struck up, the hairs on my neck stood up, my aches and pains disapeared suddenly and I was 14 again standing there with my grandad and uncles.

I think the older we get the more it means. Certainly when I started going in the 60s I don't think I gave it much thought but over the years it has become an irreplaceable part of Charlton Athletics history & tradition & TS got it very wrong & lets be honest for all those saying "I quite like it etc etc" would you like it if it wasn't the Charlton owners song ?
  • Do us “all” a favour admin and kindly close the thread, it’s been done to death and is in danger of going over the same old ground again and again……IMHO.
    Thanks.
    don't read it then - easy not to open....
  • Sponsored links:

• Scoham said:

Need at least 4x more RRRs to curb that ego again...
  • Forget booing the knee, boo every time they play that piece of crap.
  • Well played TS (the decision, not the song). I hope that I never hear that record ever again, I fecking hate soft metal.
  • DA9DA9
    edited August 2021
    Don’t worry, anytime soon the bedwetters and conspiracy theorists will find another hobby horse to overreact and moralise about.
    Never in a million years was he going to dump RRR, compete over reaction by some.
  • DA9 said:
    Don’t worry, anytime soon the bedwetters and conspiracy theorists will find another hobby horse to overreact and moralise about.
    Never in a million years was he going to dump RRR, compete over reaction by some.

It actually sounds more like:

overacting x reaction/reaction³ +(- moan²)

Which, believe it or not, equates = 0

That means, there isn't anything actually wrong here, overall.
  • edited August 2021
  • Our esteemed ex owner has a new vehicle...