Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sandgaards ego can do one (Ed. And it has for now)

Comments

• edited August 2021
    I look at it this way . Thomas stepped in when all hope was vanishing. He communicates with the fans via all sorts of media. He has been to the Valley far more than Roland ,which wasn't  difficult but he has to come from USA as well. 

The song is another way of communicating to us and the club. 

Mind you I do like tradition. After all we have Floyd and Harvey back

One could play Thomas's song when the 2nd half starts .
    I think you give him too much credit. 

Look he's a great guy but the song is clearly a 'look at me!' move from a guy that proclaims himself as the 'Rockstar CEO'. 
  • Don't mind the second half idea at all, would be like Arsenal and the WWE themes they've been playing for the past year or so. 
  • I look at it this way . Thomas stepped in when all hope was vanishing. He communicates with the fans via all sorts of media. He has been to the Valley far more than Roland ,which wasn't  difficult but he has to come from USA as well. 

Look he's a great guy but the song is clearly a 'look at me!' move from a guy that proclaims himself as the 'Rockstar CEO'. 

I prefer tradition. However he is the owner. When I days he should not have promised to tare the league up I was told I was setting to much store in his words.

Now I support his right to perform at The Valley I find the same critical comments.

Perhaps we should start the game with sex in the centre circle on that wretched sofa !
    I mean...... who gets the centre circle gig??
  • johnny73 said:
    Just glad we still have a club!
    Just let him do whatever he likes then? 
  • Sponsored links:

• I feel very uncomfortable regarding people using the words vanity and ego.
    Without knowing the man, I honestly can’t tell if either of those features played a huge part in this episode.
    As someone who has done a few somewhat bizarre things in my life which have impacted on others, I have a different view on it. I just wanted others to enjoy my actions, that sometimes didn’t work out but ego and vanity didn’t really play much of a part in it. 
    He may just have wanted ‘everyone’ to simply enjoy it and be as excited as he did, through one of his great loves and passions in life, his music.
    We know he’s something of an extrovert and that’s fine by me, though extroverts can be a bit OTT for some of us famously reserved Brits.
    Having said that, it certainly was a mistake to have replaced RRR.
    What part any ego and vanity levels played in this…..Mmmmm I am not sure.
    What’s the most bizarre thing you’ve done?!!
  • I look at it this way . Thomas stepped in when all hope was vanishing. He communicates with the fans via all sorts of media. He has been to the Valley far more than Roland ,which wasn't  difficult but he has to come from USA as well. 

I prefer tradition. However he is the owner. When I days he should not have promised to tare the league up I was told I was setting to much store in his words.

Now I support his right to perform at The Valley I find the same critical comments.

Perhaps we should start the game with sex in the centre circle on that wretched sofa !
    I mean...... who gets the centre circle gig??
    By the looks of it Scotty and Mrs S🤫

Every entertainer in history has been ‘look at me’. He wants to entertain. Sounds alright, all things considered. 
  • I feel very uncomfortable regarding people using the words vanity and ego.
    Without knowing the man, I honestly can’t tell if either of those features played a huge part in this episode.
    As someone who has done a few somewhat bizarre things in my life which have impacted on others, I have a different view on it. I just wanted others to enjoy my actions, that sometimes didn’t work out but ego and vanity didn’t really play much of a part in it. 
    He may just have wanted ‘everyone’ to simply enjoy it and be as excited as he did, through one of his great loves and passions in life, his music.
    We know he’s something of an extrovert and that’s fine by me, though extroverts can be a bit OTT for some of us famously reserved Brits.
    He may be suffering from imposter syndrome, given he’s now in deep in an industry he’s never encountered before.
    An effect of this can be that you become a people pleaser, and try to achieve this to divert away from feeling you are out of your depth, incorporating his music may be his way of doing something he knows.
  • It will be interesting to see if RRR returns as our intro music.
  • se9addick said:
    I feel very uncomfortable regarding people using the words vanity and ego.
    What’s the most bizarre thing you’ve done?!!
    A sheep wearing a clown costume.
  • There is a cultural difference here.  Thomas has the all American attitude and wants to whoop and exchange high fives.  We just want to shake hands.  Maybe we'll be able to meet half way with a fist bump. 

• Sponsored links:

• Most charlton fans on the whole give new mangers, owners (bar Farnell and Elliot, which was justified) and players a chance. Even Roland was given time after selling yann and Stephens in first window and replacing with thurham and polish Pete. I know I didn't want him out till around November 2015, when people get annoyed is when like of Roland and Meire don't learn from mistakes and insult fans, that one being most important. 
  • edited August 2021
  • edited August 2021
  • cafcfan said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    Don't mind the second half idea at all, would be like Arsenal and the WWE themes they've been playing for the past year or so. 
    Playing Addicks To Victory at half-time when we are 0-3 down might be a bit silly....
    Hahahaha that's a fair point! Probably best to ignore that idea then and slide it into the pre-match somewhere.