Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sandgaards ego can do one (Ed. And it has for now)

Comments

• Personally wouldn't mind this being played as the players come out for the second half 
    Or as someone else posted, play it before the turnstiles open.  :D
  • Some great passionate comments on here and all valid.

Tradition songs are associated with almost all clubs and around the grounds it's what creates that excitement and anticipation pre-match. Liverpool - You'll Never Walk Alone, Everton - Z Cars, Wednesday - Hi Ho Silver Lining, and Blades - Greasy Chip Bitty. They are somewhat intrinsically linked to that club and for me they can be  something hair raising and rousing that gets me going before kickoff. RRR is naff in my book, BUT it's OUR naff. Football is enmeshed with tradition so please TS, leave well alone. 
  • edited August 2021
    What a clever man he is

a; he gets to play his record.
    b; he distracts half of us from complaining about the lack of new signings.
    c; he shows that he listens, changes his mind back and we are happy and go out and buy the new record.

Clever!
  • Good decision.
    Mr Sandgaard is not riding roughshod in this matter.
    I want there to be a place for A2V somewhere in the evening/afternoon. It kind of feels right too.
  • seth plum said:
    Good decision.
    Mr Sandgaard is not riding roughshod in this matter.
    I want there to be a place for A2V somewhere in the evening/afternoon. It kind of feels right too.
    that'll be best, after we've all gone home !!
  • Right - let's just hope there's no goal music...  ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• Yep. Can not say fairer than that, Tommy. 
  • shine166 said:
    Right, whats next on the piss and moan list ? 
    It won't be long.
  • shine166 said:
    Right, whats next on the piss and moan list ? 
    Frankly, anything that rides roughshod over the tradition and history of our club.

Thank f@ck we were pissed off and moaned about:-

Sofas
    Sex on the pitch
    Absent disinterested owners using us as a social and commercial experiment
    CEOs that didn't care for our history and likened us to customers at a cinema or restaurant
    The first class facilities at Selhurst Park
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Fantastic. 

I would quite like Addicks To Victory to be played in our changing room, tunnel and the stands before the RRR starts up.

They just need to edit out the ooooooaaaahh bits. 
    I disagree. I think we should play a version by The Wurzels.
  • edited August 2021
    Scoham said:
    Prediction: enough will complain about this and RRR will return with his song being played earlier on before the teams come out.
    I wish predicting signings and results was as easy as this. He’s a completely different character to Roland and Katrien.
  • Sponsored links:

• The title of this thread was wrong from the get go. TS is an honourable man, in my opinion, and has listened to the fans, but as I've said on other threads people seem to finding reasons to knock him, just look at some other forums and social media!
    For what it's worth I quite like A2V and hope it's played, maybe during the team warming up?, RRR is part of CAFC, but I have to say I can't remember the last time it was sung by the crowd, it's normally VFR that's belting out!
    We have finally got an owner that cares, give the guy a break please!

I think you will find that a lot of people sing and clap along to it, agreed it's not belted out with gusto but then again I don't remember the Goodison Park crowd singing along to Z-Cars.
    Have to say I can still hear the singalong to RRR at Wembley after the 2019 play off final win in my head now. One of my standout memories from the day. For special occasions it gets belted out for sure!
  • Nothing wrong with the thread title
  • I bet he's thinking , why didn't i  buy Wigan i'd get  lot less hassle from the fans!
    there is a lot less of them
  • mendonca said:
    Nothing wrong with the thread title
    There is a missing apostrophe, so I'd say there is something wrong with the thread title! 
    That is the only decent reason I've seen for changing the thread title...
  • clive said:
    The title of this thread was wrong from the get go. TS is an honourable man, in my opinion, and has listened to the fans, but as I've said on other threads people seem to finding reasons to knock him, just look at some other forums and social media!
    For what it's worth I quite like A2V and hope it's played, maybe during the team warming up?, RRR is part of CAFC, but I have to say I can't remember the last time it was sung by the crowd, it's normally VFR that's belting out!
    We have finally got an owner that cares, give the guy a break please!

I think you will find that a lot of people sing and clap along to it, agreed it's not belted out with gusto but then again I don't remember the Goodison Park crowd singing along to Z-Cars.
    They might do if they knew the words.
    Der der der, der der der der der
    Der der der,
    Der der der der...

Init?
  • Thread Title is embarrassing. Sort it out Thomas ! 
  • So all the knicker twisting and non stop whining was for absolutely nothing!!!. As expected. Hope people learn from spitting the dummy out too quickly.