Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Charlton v Swindon | Sat 23 Jan 2021| 3pm

Comments

• Options
    Im sorry but Bowyer will get pelters from the vultures waiting for us to concede a goal.

These passengers on the pitch need to be held accountable! I don’t care how Bowyer has set us up! Some of those players are hiding and the ones that are not hiding are generally piss poor! Nobody can argue with the line up today...as strong as we have! 

We are not good enough! I get Bowyer is the man at the top but some of these players are getting away with it! Williams and Pratley are not good enough! 
  • Options
    Once again making a team in the relegation zone look like world beaters. Absoulte shit
    We haven’t though. 

We’ve dominated the game. They’ve been in our box once and scored two goals 
    How many shots on target have we had ?
    It doesnt matter how many shots on target we've had!!

Would you feel better if we've had 10, 20 of them with us 2-0 down?

Its a pointless stat
  • Options
    We need a decent leader as a centre half and get Gunter over to right back . 
  • Options
    Oh dear. I still think we will win this but pratley and William's need to come off. Pratley not doing much and William's no end product as always
  • Options
    Surely Pratley can't come out for the second half. He's running around like a headless chicken but contributing nothing.
  • Options
    Defensive shit show again. Midfield is so weak. Not really sure where Williams is meant to be playing. The body language from the bench and some of the players is pathetic. 
  • Options
    Thank goodness we bought in a winger and striker on loan this window rather than any defenders.
  • Options
    We just have no confidence, and you can see it ebb out of the players each time a goal goes in against us.

Ultimately, the defence is still not good enough; Gunter offers Matthews no protection, and Maatsen gives the ball away nearly every time he touches it.

We are still dangerous however, and aren't having much luck. Two hits on the woodwork, and a few crosses that were almost on the money. We ned to keep going here I think, no panic button. Stockley and Washington will be on after an hour, and Morgan maybe for Williams at the same time? Only the last twenty would I think about Shinnie and Gilbey (once Pratley catches up with someone and gets booked...).

• Options
    Thank goodness we bought in a winger and striker on loan this window rather than any defenders.
    Shame the Transfer Window is now closed...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Once again making a team in the relegation zone look like world beaters. Absoulte shit
    We haven’t though. 

How many shots on target have we had ?
    According to BBC, we have had one shot on target and they have had two
  • Options
    Has Scott Pinto been smoking during the game? His eyes look a bit red.. Don't blame him tbh
  • Options
    RedPanda said:
    Millar is having a blinder. Need to give him the ball as much as possible.
    Might want to edit this.

FFS.
    Fatal last words. Posted that a second before he pulled out of the tackle.  l probably jinxed him as before that he was our most dangerous player. I will keep out of the discussion 2nd half.
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Cafc43v3r said:
    RedPanda said:
    If we don't win this Bowyer has to go.
    Something has to change
    Can't blame him for th first goal, or the second really.

I fancy Millar to make amends and score. I can't see Bowyer being too harsh as he'll upset Liverpool
    No you can't, or for Peterborough, but there comes a stage we're enough is enough. 

This is not a blip. 
    Yeah it's been 2+ months. I don't know how you stop these mental lapses and avoidable goals, especially when it's senior and experienced players. Cut some of them out and we'd be far higher up the table. So frustrating.
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Game over 
    It was over at 1-0.

Bowyer has to walk after this.
    There it goes, the traditional first half raising of the white flag .....
    So you are happy to give bottom of the league shit a 2-0 head start every week?

our last 3 half time scores at home

0-1 accrington
    2-4 rochdale
    0-2 Swindon

i really really want bowyer to do well but I can’t see him turning this around. We have been gifting teams goals for 2 months now. Something needs to change
    And the two before that 1-2 Plymouth and 1-2 AFC Wimbledon.
  • Options
    Bowyer Out???????????
  • Options
    I think @cabbles has a lot to answer for....

It's all that poll's fault.
    I won't to change my vote.

Not a hope in hell in finishing in the top 6 with performances like this.
  • Options
    Shinnie needs to home on in the second half for Pratley. If Millar and Schwarz are the answer ... what’s the question 
  • Options
    Bereft of any sort of confidence. 

Scared to make the difficult passes through the middle and when they do pluck up the courage end up passing it to the opposition.
    Slow to react to danger. Needless fails. Poor control..... I could go on.

It's filtered it's way right through the squad apart from one or two. So what do you do? Get rid of them all?  
    These situations never normally end well for a manager.
  • Options
    Schwartz should've scored. Aneke should've scored. Williams should've done much better with his. It's not just the defence.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    By no means are we a good side but this game is ridiculous, they’ve not even had chances, they’ve had two shots and two goals. 

One a mistake from Amos/Matthews and another a deflection. Apart from that we’ve looked pretty good, played some nice stuff, hit the woodwork twice and fluffed a few half chances. 

Anyone using this game as a reason to criticise Bowyer has an agenda. We have the “perfect” lineup everyone has been crying out for and yet again it’s the defence letting down the rest of the team and management.
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    We haven’t though. 

Exactly, one mistake and one deflection is the difference. If you’re calling for a taxi, suspect you wanted one at the end of last season but didn’t have the guts to call for one then 
    Dead right...well said
  • Options
    FFS Bowyer drop Pearce and Gilbey and start Chucks and Williams.
    oh - you did. 😩
  • Options
    We are playing 4-4-2 with two out and out wingers, where was the cover for the first goal, it should come from the right winger. Change the shape we are too loose with the formation we are playing now.
  • Options
    Me out ...
  • Options
    Been shit for over a year now for whatever reasons! 
  • Options
    Jonniesta said:
    Schwartz should've scored. Aneke should've scored. Williams should've done much better with his. It's not just the defence.
    At least Schwartz had his effort saved...
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Every mistake leads to a goal for the opposition. Just no luck for Charlton is there. 
    It’s not luck, there’s really no such thing. It’s bad defending. 
    Oh okay. 
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Don't think we're playing as well as half of you think we are. Yes we've hit the woodwork twice, but once was from their passback, and the other a free kick. We're not created loads and their goal isn't under siege.

We've been shit for months, and we're being punished for it.
  • Options
    Gammysnr said:
    Bowyer Out???????????
    I wish...
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!