Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Charlton v Swindon | Sat 23 Jan 2021| 3pm

Comments

• Options
    Shinnie coming on
  • Options
    cafc_se7 said:
    Im sorry but Bowyer will get pelters from the vultures waiting for us to concede a goal.

These passengers on the pitch need to be held accountable! I don’t care how Bowyer has set us up! Some of those players are hiding and the ones that are not hiding are generally piss poor! Nobody can argue with the line up today...as strong as we have! 

We are not good enough! I get Bowyer is the man at the top but some of these players are getting away with it! Williams and Pratley are not good enough! 
    Na that can't be right mate cause from what I've heard we have the best squad in the league by a mile despite not one Charlton knowing any other league 1 sides starting XI without googling it

Some of these players are embarrassing, he picks the right players available, he clearly encourages them to play the right way, unfortunately some players just don't give a crap

Not sure what people want, get in another manager and keep a few clean sheets and still finish outside the play offs? 

This is a squad rebuild job plain and simple, if you think otherwise I don't know what to say.

Go and have a lie down I think you may have concussion 
  • Options
    Had better hope Swindon decide to sit back and try to defend their lead
  • Options
    As others have said I think we need to take Pratley off for Albie/ Shinnie and possibly Williams for Washington.

We have been unlucky but we have been saying that for months.
  • Options
    Shinnie coming on
    Replaces Williams
  • Options
    The sides are out for the second-half... Time to step it up. Come on, lads! #cafc
  • Options
    Void the season now, or end it on ppg just so we don't have to suffer more games like this
  • Options
    Watching the upbeats gets things in perspective for me.
    Same! “Billy the fish” what a great nickname :joy:
  • Options
    Watching the upbeats gets things in perspective for me.
    absolutely. regardless of what the team are doing it's impossible to watch that and not be proud of this club
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Anyone with money can buy good players

The skill is about moulding them into a team. I don't care what back 4 we pick, but settle on players and spend all week coaching them into a defensive unit
  • Options
    Shinnie's on for Williams
  • Options
    I am 100% confident people don't actually watch the games and just follow the game and spout s**t. Beyond obvious we have been the better team and things just haven't gone on our way.

Proper winds me up how excited some of our fans come across to have a pop as soon as we concede, why you even bother watching football is beyond me 

We get an early goal and we are straight back in this, they will panic 
    Do you include are defending in the statement we have been the better team in this match.
  • Options

I look at this lot and think confidence, self belief and morale is at an all time low. Each player is probably shitting himself about making an error and then looking at the bloke next to him thinking they're the same. We have individuals not a team. Players like Matthews haven't been given a run in the side so they've never had any form this season to begin with. We are just a poor side at the moment.
    Can understand the reasoning - but why would they shit themselves about making an error when there is no crowd to get on their backs??
  • Options
    Once again making a team in the relegation zone look like world beaters. Absoulte shit
    We haven’t though. 

We’ve dominated the game. They’ve been in our box once and scored two goals 
    How many shots on target have we had ?
    It doesnt matter how many shots on target we've had!!

Would you feel better if we've had 10, 20 of them with us 2-0 down?

Its a pointless stat
    Don't be bloody daft. The more shots you have the more you are likely to score. You certainly wont score any if you don't get any on target.
  • Options
    HALF-TIME SUB
    off Jonny Williams
    on Andrew Shinnie #cafc
  • Options
    cabbles said:
    Curbishley just said he reckons we’ve been the better side????
    Because we have, goals don't always reflect the game. If you took away the scoreline and made someone watch this game bar the goals just highlights, 100% of football fans would say we are the better side. It's not rocket science.Cafc43v3r said:
    cafc_se7 said:
    Im sorry but Bowyer will get pelters from the vultures waiting for us to concede a goal.

These passengers on the pitch need to be held accountable! I don’t care how Bowyer has set us up! Some of those players are hiding and the ones that are not hiding are generally piss poor! Nobody can argue with the line up today...as strong as we have! 

We are not good enough! I get Bowyer is the man at the top but some of these players are getting away with it! Williams and Pratley are not good enough! 
    Na that can't be right mate cause from what I've heard we have the best squad in the league by a mile despite not one Charlton knowing any other league 1 sides starting XI without googling it

Some of these players are embarrassing, he picks the right players available, he clearly encourages them to play the right way, unfortunately some players just don't give a crap

Not sure what people want, get in another manager and keep a few clean sheets and still finish outside the play offs? 

This is a squad rebuild job plain and simple, if you think otherwise I don't know what to say.

Totally deluded mate.  Sorry that's total bollocks. 
    Not one thing I said there was delusional, feel free to tell me why you think it is though
  • Options
    Least that was a shot on target eh? 
  • Options
    If we judge Bowyer on results we're not doing well - can't all be down to bad luck?

• Options
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Chuks to Millar, backs to Chuks whose shot from distance is a bit weak and easily saved.
  • Options
    46' An early sight of goal for Aneke, but his shot rolls at Travers. Watch live: http://live.cafc.co.uk #cafc 0 #stfc 2
  • Options

I look at this lot and think confidence, self belief and morale is at an all time low. Each player is probably shitting himself about making an error and then looking at the bloke next to him thinking they're the same. We have individuals not a team. Players like Matthews haven't been given a run in the side so they've never had any form this season to begin with. We are just a poor side at the moment.
    Can understand the reasoning - but why would they shit themselves about making an error when there is no crowd to get on their backs??
    Cos it usually leads to a goal or Bowyer calling them out.
  • Options
    We’ve been the better of two bad teams but there are faults all over the place.  Williams shone for 5 minutes then disappears. Matthews and Millar flunking tackles for the goals. Gunter turning his back on a shot yet again. Pratley lucky to still be on the pitch. Ronnie invisible.  This isn’t a team. It’s a bunch of individuals.  Game there for the taking in the second half if we get it together but if we don’t then I think it’s time for Thomas to take some decisions. I’m not having the argument that we need our best defenders back. We’ve got two Welsh internationals with a bazillion caps between them making mugs of themselves.   Our right hand side is very vulnerable and these two are taking up a lot of our wage cap and contributing sod all. 
    Absolutely this. For so long now our opponents look like proper teams, we don't. I can't understand why people think we've 'played quite well'. 
  • Options
    Park the bus time 
  • Options
    Shinnie demanding the ball. Williams wasn't
  • Options
    Well controlled there Amos😂
  • Options
    robroy said:
    Park the bus time 
    Agree, damage control mode for us
  • Options
    46'

Post update

Offside, Swindon Town. Joel Grant tries a through ball, but Diallang Jaiyesimi is caught offside.

• Options
    Bah, Maatsen loses the ball in their area but Aneke manages to win it, and then Swindon nick it off his toes.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!