Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Charlton v Swindon | Sat 23 Jan 2021| 3pm

Comments

• Options
    Can't believe this. We played really well until they scored the second goal. Created enough chances, hit the bar and post. Amos should have done better for both of their goals.

You can't fault Schwartz' workrate, but he is a bit shit technically. Really poor first touch and it seems his teammates are reluctant to involve him in build up play.

Unfortunately I don't see us turning it around today. After the 0-2 it looked like some players gave up

• Options
    We have more than enough in this squad to get two goals, but that is not really enough and I fear us conceding a 3rd - Pitman will be right up for it when he comes on.

The only thing I can take from this is the enjoyable chatter and reflection on yesteryear from Curbs, Brown and Minto. I would tune into another 45 minutes of that rather than watch this shite to be honest. 
  • Options
    The second goal was lucky for them, we've benefitted from similar dedlections in the past with Washington and Forster-Caskey, but holy fuck that first goal was a cock up between two experienced, decent players, just bonkers how so many individual mistakes we are making. Psychologically we must be totally fucked
  • Options
    Dear oh dear Millar, bottled that completely 
  • Options
    cannot keep conceding two goals and expect to win. All of the wins in the 'six in a row' have been based on keeping it tight at the back (Fleetwood apart). Chasing yet another game.
  • Options
    Jonniesta said:
    Schwartz should've scored. Aneke should've scored. Williams should've done much better with his. It's not just the defence.
    At least Schwartz had his effort saved...
    So did Aneke, but put it in the right place and the keeper can't save it. That's the point!
  • Options
    Thank god we got relegated last year. Would of been totally humiliating in the championship.
    We'd have built a team without Salary Cap constraits...

We'd probably still have Dillon Phillips | Naby Sarr | Alfie Doughty | Macauley Bonne as well
  • Options
    cafc_se7 said:
    Im sorry but Bowyer will get pelters from the vultures waiting for us to concede a goal.

These passengers on the pitch need to be held accountable! I don’t care how Bowyer has set us up! Some of those players are hiding and the ones that are not hiding are generally piss poor! Nobody can argue with the line up today...as strong as we have! 

We are not good enough! I get Bowyer is the man at the top but some of these players are getting away with it! Williams and Pratley are not good enough! 
    Na that can't be right mate cause from what I've heard we have the best squad in the league by a mile despite not one Charlton knowing any other league 1 sides starting XI without googling it

Some of these players are embarrassing, he picks the right players available, he clearly encourages them to play the right way, unfortunately some players just don't give a crap

Not sure what people want, get in another manager and keep a few clean sheets and still finish outside the play offs? 

This is a squad rebuild job plain and simple, if you think otherwise I don't know what to say.

• Options
    Jonniesta said:
    Jonniesta said:
    Schwartz should've scored. Aneke should've scored. Williams should've done much better with his. It's not just the defence.
    So did Aneke, but put it in the right place and the keeper can't save it. That's the point!
    Forgot the header, I was thinking the one that flashed in front of goal
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    People saying Mathews has lost his form , but he never has been able to defend well - rarely in position , but great going forward and a great first touch - good wing back but not a good full back - too many goals come from that side 
  • Options

That league table with those teams having games in hand mean we are a 15th position club at the end of this season.
    My maths are bad, but how you are having us in 15th place with the games in hand around us?
  • Options
    Ryan struggling not to answer that with 'career criminal' juuuust kidding luv ya Ryan :D
  • Options
    How many goals have we conceded recently from someone running in and shooting from 25 yards just outside the D? We never seem to have the space to do that in the opposition’s half. That must tell us something about how we are set up and defend.
  • Options
    We've had three good chances and they haven't really made any. They scored from an acute angle that our keeper should've saved and a long shot off a deflection. As Seth said it's just surreal at the moment. For our opponents everything is flying in and for us it's hitting the post and bouncing back out. 
  • Options
    Now down to 9th as Ipswich go above us on goal difference. Gills winning & only 5 points below us with game on hand. Mid table beckons.
    On the other hand, we’re 0 points from 6th place. We’re on a shocking run of form, but still possible to look up. 
    With half a dozen teams with 2 or 3 more games to play than us. Get real. 
  • Options
    Curbishley just said he reckons we’ve been the better side????
  • Options
    Jonniesta said:
    Jonniesta said:
    Forgot the header, I was thinking the one that flashed in front of goal
    No, to be fair to him it'd be harsh to criticise him for that one and say it should've been in. 
  • Options
    Can't see the point of the high balls to Chuks as he flicks it on to no-one, just a waste
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MattF said:
    The second goal was lucky for them, we've benefitted from similar dedlections in the past with Washington and Forster-Caskey, but holy fuck that first goal was a cock up between two experienced, decent players, just bonkers how so many individual mistakes we are making. Psychologically we must be totally fucked
    I imagine the pressure on Bowyer is fed down to the players. They certainly seem scared and underconfident.
  • Options
    cafc_se7 said:
    Im sorry but Bowyer will get pelters from the vultures waiting for us to concede a goal.

These passengers on the pitch need to be held accountable! I don’t care how Bowyer has set us up! Some of those players are hiding and the ones that are not hiding are generally piss poor! Nobody can argue with the line up today...as strong as we have! 

We are not good enough! I get Bowyer is the man at the top but some of these players are getting away with it! Williams and Pratley are not good enough! 
    Na that can't be right mate cause from what I've heard we have the best squad in the league by a mile despite not one Charlton knowing any other league 1 sides starting XI without googling it

Some of these players are embarrassing, he picks the right players available, he clearly encourages them to play the right way, unfortunately some players just don't give a crap

Not sure what people want, get in another manager and keep a few clean sheets and still finish outside the play offs? 

This is a squad rebuild job plain and simple, if you think otherwise I don't know what to say.

Totally deluded mate.  Sorry that's total bollocks. 
  • Options
    cabbles said:
    Curbishley just said he reckons we’ve been the better side????
    Get the impression most people think we have 
  • Options
    I’d much rather watch 45 minutes of Ryan Inniss and the upbeats than the second half
  • Options
    Surely Pratley can't come out for the second half. He's running around like a headless chicken but contributing nothing.
    Agreed but my money is on Bowyer dropping Millar for jumping that tackle. Has been our best player but Bowyer’s stubbornness will be too much 
  • Options
    Inniss is a top man on and off the pitch.
    He really does just exude the loveliest energy. I really do have him in the Naby echelon of people I just adore 
  • Options
    Miracle second half coming....... ? 

No I don’t think so either...... 
  • Options
    Jayajosh said:
    Anyone notice that when Swindon clear the box the ball always falls to one of their players. Been seeing this every game now. Something not right with our formation imo 
    Which one ? 
  • Options
    I can't wait for our youth to come of age, they have to be better than this lot.
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Now down to 9th as Ipswich go above us on goal difference. Gills winning & only 5 points below us with game on hand. Mid table beckons.
    On the other hand, we’re 0 points from 6th place. We’re on a shocking run of form, but still possible to look up. 
    With half a dozen teams with 2 or 3 more games to play than us. Get real. 
    I still believe we’ll finish closer to 8th than mid table at end of season.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!