Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Charlton v Swindon | Sat 23 Jan 2021| 3pm

Comments

• Options
    Wonder if Bowyer will hammer Millar for pulling out of a tackle?
  • Options
    This is getting more and more surreal game by game.
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Game over 
    It was over at 1-0.

Bowyer has to walk after this.
    There it goes, the traditional first half raising of the white flag .....
    So you are happy to give bottom of the league shit a 2-0 head start every week?

our last 3 half time scores at home

0-1 accrington
    2-4 rochdale
    0-2 Swindon

i really really want bowyer to do well but I can’t see him turning this around. We have been gifting teams goals for 2 months now. Something needs to change
    Did I say I was happy?

I just don't see the point of wetting your knickers every week as soon as we go a goal down. But each to their own.
  • Options
    Don't panic chaps. We are a second half team.
  • Options
    Charlton, ruining your weekend since 1905
    It feels longer! 
  • Options
    Same boring shit every week for me. Had a lot of possession but again haven't done anything with it. Haven't worked the goalie. Can't defend at all. Sliding down to mid table soon. Something has to change. Portsmouth will be fun next weekend!!! 
  • Options
    Wonder if Bowyer will hammer Millar for pulling out of a tackle?
    Doubt it seeing he's a loan player... Wont want to risk pissing off Liverpool
  • Options
    I think @cabbles has a lot to answer for....

It's all that poll's fault.
    Gonna change it to top half later

Woeful.  Don’t even think we look that good going forward.  Just had more possession in the opening 20.

too many heads in the clouds re: what we’re capable of I think.  We’re too nice to them.  The team and the management are woefully underperforming.  From Bowyer, right through playing staff.  They all need to take a long look at themselves.  
  • Options
    Watching live.
    Bad by Mathews to let the bloke go past for the first. Deflected for second.
    We hit the post and bar.
    Fine margins.
    Miller best player.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    seth plum said:
    This is getting more and more surreal game by game.
    And very much predictable as well.
  • Options
    No point having Darren Pratley there. He isn’t making us more solid defensively and runs like he’s shit himself.

Might as well just go for it.
  • Options
    Gammysnr said:
    Bowyer Out???????????
    That conversation is not needed at half time! 
  • Options
    Team that has the worst away record in all 4 divisions are now 2-0.
    Who also beat Ipswich at Portman Road
    They have the worst away record in all 4 divisions.
    Im sure they do but having the worst record at something doesnt say you lose every time
    No, but it shows that they let in goals. 25 goals in 12 away games so average of 2 per game. Just have to attack them & shoot.
  • Options
    Amos has also lost form in the past 2 months, to add to the rest of the defensive problems
  • Options
    Bailey said:
    We are playing 4-4-2 with two out and out wingers, where was the cover for the first goal, it should come from the right winger. Change the shape we are too loose with the formation we are playing now.
    To what? A diamond, back five or 4-3-3 would probably give Matthews less support, not more.
  • Options
    Charlton, ruining your weekend since 1905
    This really made me laugh - thank you, I thought I never would again.
  • Options
    We're really shit aren't we.
    Can't understand it mate.  Adam Matthews was one of our most consistently assured and comfortable players and top performer at a higher level last year....can't get my head round how he's done that and lost so much form.

Gunter is an international too and these are not bad players but they seem to be playing below themselves and making schoolboy errors each week.

Grim.

Need Inniss and Famewo back asap.
    I look at this lot and think confidence, self belief and morale is at an all time low. Each player is probably shitting himself about making an error and then looking at the bloke next to him thinking they're the same. We have individuals not a team. Players like Matthews haven't been given a run in the side so they've never had any form this season to begin with. We are just a poor side at the moment.
  • Options
    Our midfield never works no matter what formation or players Bowyer goes with.
    It's like getting half a dozen pieces of jigsaw pieces. 
    They don't fit because they are all from different jigsaw puzzles. 
    Fuckin knows where we go from here.
  • Options
    I thought Bowyer out a month or so ago (and still lean that way) but trying to be positive. It's a tough one in that we need to make changes from players not performing, yet also are probably always making too many changes and not getting a settled team...

Pratley needs to come off for Albie/Shinnie though for sure, just not good enough on the ball, or composed enough for how we are trying to play.

Matthews looks like the player he seems to have been for all but the brief stretch down the back end of last year...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We could fall in a barrel of tits and come out sucking our thumb.

• Options
    Thank god we got relegated last year. Would of been totally humiliating in the championship.
  • Options
    Who also beat Ipswich at Portman Road
    They have the worst away record in all 4 divisions.
    Im sure they do but having the worst record at something doesnt say you lose every time
    No, but it shows that they let in goals. 25 goals in 12 away games so average of 2 per game. Just have to attack them & shoot.
    But at the same time get it between the sticks and leave the 'keeper helpless

Enough of: "We need to test him"... Nope we need him punching in the ground in dispair
  • Options
    We have a decent attack and have played very well but our defence is abject and has been for some time. 

If we had a decent attack it would be at least 2-2, our forwards could not score in a brothel.
  • Options
    They definitely don't.

You clearly forgot that Sheffield United have 1 point away all season? Fulham and West brom? Wycombe?
  • Options
    Amos not a patch on Phillips.Matthews beaten too easily for first. A lot of huff and puff with no end product. JFC slows the game down too much when he gets the ball and will then try the wonder pass. We are a poor side right now. 
  • Options
    We’ve been the better of two bad teams but there are faults all over the place.  Williams shone for 5 minutes then disappears. Matthews and Millar flunking tackles for the goals. Gunter turning his back on a shot yet again. Pratley lucky to still be on the pitch. Ronnie invisible.  This isn’t a team. It’s a bunch of individuals.  Game there for the taking in the second half if we get it together but if we don’t then I think it’s time for Thomas to take some decisions. I’m not having the argument that we need our best defenders back. We’ve got two Welsh internationals with a bazillion caps between them making mugs of themselves.   Our right hand side is very vulnerable and these two are taking up a lot of our wage cap and contributing sod all. 
  • Options
    RedPanda said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    RedPanda said:
    If we don't win this Bowyer has to go.
    Something has to change
    Can't blame him for th first goal, or the second really.

I fancy Millar to make amends and score. I can't see Bowyer being too harsh as he'll upset Liverpool
    No you can't, or for Peterborough, but there comes a stage we're enough is enough. 

This is not a blip. 
    Yeah it's been 2+ months. I don't know how you stop these mental lapses and avoidable goals, especially when it's senior and experienced players. Cut some of them out and we'd be far higher up the table. So frustrating.
    We weren't good when we were winning, apart from the first 3 games we weren't good after the restart.

It's been going on for a lot longer than some people are prepared to admit. 
  • Options
    Why can we never header a ball to one of our players. When the ball is in the air we never ever seem to be able to cushion it down to someone on our side - yet I see every other team we play do it all the time. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!