Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Charlton v Swindon | Sat 23 Jan 2021| 3pm

Comments

• Options
    what what the fuck do thay do in training fuck all
  • Options
    Now down to 9th as Ipswich go above us on goal difference. Gills winning & only 5 points below us with game on hand. Mid table beckons.
    On the other hand, we’re 0 points from 6th place. We’re on a shocking run of form, but still possible to look up. 
  • Options
    At a loss, genuinely don’t know what to say.

For half hour played well, but as now the new norm, we get crucified so easily.

Now face 45 mins against 10 men behind the ball playing deep. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Once again making a team in the relegation zone look like world beaters. Absoulte shit
    We haven’t though. 

We’ve dominated the game. They’ve been in our box once and scored two goals 
    Absolutely this.
    Have we troubled their goalkeeper though?
    I dont care about troubling a Goalkeeper

If I dont see them turning round picking the ball up out of the net its just as wasted as a chance that goes wide
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Game over 
    It was over at 1-0.

Bowyer has to walk after this.
    There it goes, the traditional first half raising of the white flag .....
    So you are happy to give bottom of the league shit a 2-0 head start every week?

our last 3 half time scores at home

0-1 accrington
    2-4 rochdale
    0-2 Swindon

i really really want bowyer to do well but I can’t see him turning this around. We have been gifting teams goals for 2 months now. Something needs to change
  • Options
    ChiAddick said:
    Everyone saying we're unlucky... we're we unlucky against Rochdale, Peterborough, Plymouth, Accrington, Hull and MK dons?

We're not unlucky. We're just bang average. 
    We’re not that good! 
  • Options
    all started with absolute rubbish defending from Matthews !! 
  • Options
    We have a decent attack and have played very well but our defence is abject and has been for some time. 

• Options
    TS looking at the box then checking on Amazon to see if he had the correct thing delivered!
  • Options
    Let's just hope kicking towards the covered end second half 
    does the trick, desperately need to be quicker to move off the
    ball, far too slow in the final third
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think @cabbles has a lot to answer for....

It's all that poll's fault.
  • Options
    On balance, Should have done better for the first.
    Since then they've sat deep so unsurprisingly harder to penetrate.
    Second was just luck let's be Completely honest. 
  • Options
    Look at the way the players are trudging off up the stairs, they don't look like a team that believes in themselves or eachother
  • Options
    These are the sort of goals that teams getting relegated concede.
  • Options
    Every mistake leads to a goal for the opposition. Just no luck for Charlton is there. 
    This. It's like a relegation season. 
  • Options
    Again I ask why we play out from the back without any work on breaking the press, movement etc? 
  • Options
    Once again making a team in the relegation zone look like world beaters. Absoulte shit
    We haven’t though. 

How many shots on target have we had ?
  • Options
    Has Pratley done anything
  • Options
    esseffect said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    We haven’t though. 

Absolutely this.
    Have we troubled their goalkeeper though?
    Twice yes
    Go on. From a mistake at the beginning, and then when? Chuks header was straight at him and Millars free kick hit the crossbar. 

Which last time I checked is not in.

Does not matter how good we looked on the ball. We are 2-0 down and have barely created a decent chance.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Big team talk coming up for Bows. Got to lift them somehow. We really haven’t been that bad. Individual errors or bad luck costing us again  If Schwartz finishes the chance rather than hitting the post it’s likely a very different game. 
    When was the last time a Bowyer half time talk didn't end up in conceding a quick second half goal?!
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    We haven’t though. 

Exactly, one mistake and one deflection is the difference. If you’re calling for a taxi, suspect you wanted one at the end of last season but didn’t have the guts to call for one then 
    So this is the 15th odd game in a row it's been bad luck? 
  • Options
    Useless, no idea defensively, no fight, no bottle,poor decision making absolute bollocks we look so disorganized  AGAIN.
  • Options
    I'm laughing cos if I didn't I'd be crying. We are cursed.
  • Options
    Can't believe people are staying we're playing well must be watching a different game - midfield anonymous, toothless attack and an accident waiting vto happen at the back. Swindon first to the ball and showing more movement off the ball than our lot.
  • Options
    Another season of League one beckons. Yay.
  • Options
    We're really shit aren't we.
    Can't understand it mate.  Adam Matthews was one of our most consistently assured and comfortable players and top performer at a higher level last year....can't get my head round how he's done that and lost so much form.

Gunter is an international too and these are not bad players but they seem to be playing below themselves and making schoolboy errors each week.

Grim.

Need Inniss and Famewo back asap.
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    We can’t stop the opposition having any shots at all. At the moment it feels like that’s what it would take to keep a clean sheet because every shot is a goal atm.

The whole back five needs a massive upgrade ASAP. This season is a write off now.

Luck will swing back our way at some point but don’t think it’ll go far enough to take us up.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!