Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2021 Transfer Targets (last minute swoop for Jaiyesimi p184 - NOW it's all over.)

Comments

• Oggy Red said:
    RedRobin said:
    I was sceptical about Bogle from the start, but agree that much of the criticism is well OTT, as was the criticism of Bonne before him. We've not created many chances since the start of 2020, generating massive pressure on the striker to score the one good chance he might get, when no striker will take every chance they get, especially at L1 level.
     Bogle is poor, the two goals he scored he looked like he would miss, even with an open goal against Swindon.
    I get the impression that you didn't really see or understand that incident.

Watch the highlights. As Bogle was going round the keeper, he was clearly fouled by the keeper.
    Despite being knocked off balance and stumbling, to Bogle's credit he tried to stay on his feet and rolled the ball into the net.

Other players may have just gone down for a penalty. It would have been an easier option.

Bogle should at least be given credit where it is due.

Are you going to defend what happened 5 minutes later?
    That wasn't the question, was it?

• Oggy Red said:
    Oggy Red said:
    RedRobin said:
    I was sceptical about Bogle from the start, but agree that much of the criticism is well OTT, as was the criticism of Bonne before him. We've not created many chances since the start of 2020, generating massive pressure on the striker to score the one good chance he might get, when no striker will take every chance they get, especially at L1 level.
     Bogle is poor, the two goals he scored he looked like he would miss, even with an open goal against Swindon.
    I get the impression that you didn't really see or understand that incident.

Watch the highlights. As Bogle was going round the keeper, he was clearly fouled by the keeper.
    Despite being knocked off balance and stumbling, to Bogle's credit he tried to stay on his feet and rolled the ball into the net.

Other players may have just gone down for a penalty. It would have been an easier option.

Bogle should at least be given credit where it is due.

Are you going to defend what happened 5 minutes later?
    That wasn't the question, was it?

Okay, the previous statement was that bogle is poor and even looked like he was going to miss an open goal.

yes, bogle is poor and even when he scores, he looks like he is going to miss an open goal.
  • New keeper? Rob Elliott?
  • IR94 said:
    Bogle got more goals than Hemed and Parker put together, don’t know why he gets so much grief!
    Hemed was the league above, which is a big step up, in a struggling side. Parker was awful but was part of a team that got promoted, so is forgotten. For me, Bogle is one of the worst strikers I have ever seen play for us, up there with Abbott
    Hemed was shit and so was parker, bogle is a better player then parker thats for sure.

• Looks like signing that 6th striker was much more important than proper defensive cover. 

Season is over. 

• Looks like signing that 6th striker was much more important than proper defensive cover. 

Season is over. 
    Need two players in every position, except striker, where we need 6 apparently.
  • edited January 2021

Looks like signing that 6th striker was much more important than proper defensive cover. 

Season is over. 
    BOGLE IS GOING TO LEAVE

Season is over. 
    BOGLE IS GOING TO LEAVE
    Has he gone yet? 

We currently have 6 strikers on the payroll and conceding 2 goals a game. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Bogle defo off, gallen hinted at it in his prre match talk.
    for me we need a good Defensive mid (unless watson comes back in) to protect the area in front of the defence 
  • I think we need a lot more mobility than Watson or Pratley offer and this coupled with a largely snail like defence is a big issue. A huge amount resting on Akin and Ryan being fit. I have a feeling more than Bogle will leave. I think we’ll try again late for Randall but Bows still sees a mobile box to box cm as the priority.
  • Who are the 6!

aneke
    stockley
    washington
    bogle who is likely to be moved on
    schwartz?

thats 5
  • Who are the 6!

aneke
    stockley
    washington
    bogle who is likely to be moved on
    schwartz?

thats 5
    I’m guessing Smyth is being counting as the sixth.
  • Well if it looks like we are now in the business of shifting the bilge on I think we'd seriously have to listen to offers for Williams.
  • Well if it looks like we are now in the business of shifting the bilge on I think we'd seriously have to listen to offers for Williams.
    I agree, nice bloke I’m sure, but not good enough I’m afraid. 
  • This side is crying out for a half decent centre half. That should be our focus and nothing else.
  • This side is crying out for a half decent centre half. That should be our focus and nothing else.
    We have enough cover according too Lee.
  • mart77 said:
    I think we need a lot more mobility than Watson or Pratley offer and this coupled with a largely snail like defence is a big issue. A huge amount resting on Akin and Ryan being fit. I have a feeling more than Bogle will leave. I think we’ll try again late for Randall but Bows still sees a mobile box to box cm as the priority.
      I agree. Someone with a bit of drive and mobility . These two are well past that. Someone like Beilek.
    I thought the lad from Bournemouth would have been perfect.
  • Sponsored links:

• We’re about 6 decent players away from being a good side.
  • We should really look at the wages we're paying out on strikers as well. 

Schwartz, Aneke, Bogle, Stockley and Washington won't all be on 2k a week. Seems a waste of money if 3 of them at a time won't be playing. 
  • mart77 said:
    I think we need a lot more mobility than Watson or Pratley offer and this coupled with a largely snail like defence is a big issue. A huge amount resting on Akin and Ryan being fit. I have a feeling more than Bogle will leave. I think we’ll try again late for Randall but Bows still sees a mobile box to box cm as the priority.
      I agree. Someone with a bit of drive and mobility . These two are well past that. Someone like Beilek.
    I thought the lad from Bournemouth would have been perfect.
    Randall and Ofoborh would be superb if very unlikely
  • Bogle is definitely not in Bowyer's plans. In his pre-match chat he said we now have 4 strong strikers. And they all played today.
  • CH4RLTON said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Anyway back on topic, I would love the last/next signing to be a 19-21 year old left sided center back on a perm to be back up to Famewo this season and either first choice in league 1 next season or back up to A N Other in the championship next season.

That's how you rebuild. 
    How about this guys seems to fit the profile.

Xavier Tshimanga Kamaluba Ntite Mukendi Mpoyi Mbuyamba

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xavier_Mbuyamba

The Anagram Soothsayer slammed the door on me when I came to her with this guy...!
  • We’re about 6 decent players away from being a good side.
    2 decent players.

2 decent centre backs is what this team needs.

Season is over. 
    Essentially he is saying Pearce and Oshilaja are good enough quality backup players.

I disagree, we might have numbers at CB but they're not good enough to get us promoted. We need to be able to replace Innis and Famewo with similar quality and we can't.
  • Innis has been fantastic so far, but like with Matthews last year, this has been by far the best he has seemingly done in a not short career, so it would be silly to put that much pressure on him coming back from injury and solving all our defensive issues, and not look to bring someone else in assuming that form keeps up when he's back, and that he can start every game.
  • I mean, that's pretty much the point I was making with the rest of the post.