Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

January 2021 Transfer Targets (last minute swoop for Jaiyesimi p184 - NOW it's all over.)

Comments

• Options
    kafka said:
    Excuse my ignorance, but how do these last minute deals work? When and how was a medical done? Swindon's at least 2 hours away. Are there standard contract terms? Any deal involving a 3 year contract usually takes a while to agree all the details. 

they said they were working on it all day so I'm assuming at some point he arrived at Sparrows Lane and was waiting for it all to be done. also, re the medical, Liverpool signed a player from a Club in Germany yesterday, he had his medical in Germany.
    Yes, especially I think with loan signings clubs are far less cautious, trusting the other side to do things right...For example Fulham signed Josh Maja on loan yesterday

Parker says Josh Maja has not actually been in the building yet. Due in today. So hard to say where he is in terms of fitness.
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    SamE7 said:
    robroy said:
    SamE7 said:
    DA9 said:
    Now he’s gone (probably permanently eventually) I’m happier than I was originally to reveal that a week into joining us, Maddison contacted my daughter on a dating app and wanted to meet her etc, wisely & luckily (for him) she knocked him back, her words were, she thought he was “fit” 😳 but, he came across as a bit of a knob.
    I’m in no way suggesting that had any bearing on Bowyers decision to let him go, but I’m claiming it 😄
    He done the same to a girl my mate was seeing and ended up shagging her. Needless to say they aren't seeing each other anymore 
    Was your mate a charlton fan? That would cut deep if he was 
    Yeah, he is a big fan, season ticket. Proper fan. Safe to say he doesn't particularly like him much
    Bloody hell, and she was a Charlton fan as well? Pretty rough if that's the case 

Although he probably did your mate a favour in the long run
  • Options
    I don't know much about any of these players, seen Jaiyesimi a couple of times, Kirk (Crewe) once and know nothing about Randall ( Exeter), in peoples opinion did we sign the best of the three we were reported to have been after ?
  • Options
    What's your guess with the fee? I think around 7/800k following the quotes.
  • Options
    I don't know much about any of these players, seen Jaiyesimi a couple of times, Kirk (Crewe) once and know nothing about Randall ( Exeter), in peoples opinion did we sign the best of the three we were reported to have been after ?
    Randall is the one I have no idea about. Kirk seems decent, but is left sided, Jaiyesimi gives us a bit more balance being able to play either wing comfortably. 
  • Options
    Shinnie and Millar? - Or would it be Stockley? 
  • Options
    Shinnie and Millar? - Or would it be Stockley? 
    Shinnie and Stockley surely, both out of contract in the summer. No chance with the other 3

Doing even 1 would be great, I'd choose Stockley
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Certainly wouldn't be Smith.. Maatsen.. Famewo

They're too expensive with wages and we've just re-negotiated over the latter - Millar too would probably be too much of a stretch unless he is out of contract himself this summer

Would Liverpool be prepared to just let him go though
  • Options

They're too expensive with wages and we've just re-negotiated over the latter - Millar too would probably be too much of a stretch unless he is out of contract himself this summer

He was the captain at youth level wasn't he? Suspect they have fairly high hopes of hm coming through, at least for cup games etc.
  • Options
    Millar signed a new contract at Liverpool before joining us on loan.
    https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/academy/421968-liam-millar-extends-lfc-deal-and-joins-charlton-on-loan
  • Options
    Stockley would be a top signing for this league. Can probably do it at the lower end of the Championship too.
  • Options
    my money is on shinnie and stockley. The others are not surplus to requirements at their clubs just yet, although I can’t see Millar, maatsen or smith becoming first team regulars at their current clubs.
  • Options

We’d like to offer our congratulations to Mason Burstow on signing as a Professional Scholar for Charlton Athletic Football Club.

Mason was part of our double winning U16 KYL Squad two seasons ago and completed the first year of our Scholarship Programme, before being recommended to Charlton Athletic.

https://www.wellingunited.com/scholar-makes-addicks-move/

• Options
    Will be Stockley and Shinnie

Smith, Maatsen, Millar all prospects at their clubs and wouldn't want to move here on a permanent deal as it stands. If all 3 have any chance of success they'll need to be looking at a loan to championship clubs next season at a minimum. 

Famewo is thought of highly at Norwich but obviously not highly enough to keep in the squad right now. I'd imagine if we got promoted this season then it could be a move that he would be interested in, but I reckon he'll be looking to become a mainstay in the heart of the Norwich defence next year so again I can't see him joining us on a permanent deal.
  • Options

Could the re-negotiation on Famewo have been to add the buyout clause?
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Smith, Maatsen, Millar all prospects at their clubs and wouldn't want to move here on a permanent deal as it stands. If all 3 have any chance of success they'll need to be looking at a loan to championship clubs next season at a minimum. 

Famewo is thought of highly at Norwich but obviously not highly enough to keep in the squad right now. I'd imagine if we got promoted this season then it could be a move that he would be interested in, but I reckon he'll be looking to become a mainstay in the heart of the Norwich defence next year so again I can't see him joining us on a permanent deal.
    He's not ready for the Premier League and Norwich look destined for a swift return. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

I was thinking more his wages might be too demanding 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    sam3110 said:

He's not ready for the Premier League and Norwich look destined for a swift return. 
    Lewisham lad too. 
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Dazzler21 said:

Hmm maybe, but he's only ever ever played 1 minute in a 5-0 loss for their first team. I wouldn't expect him to be on that much. Also do we know how much salary they're currently subsidising? I think it was said at the start of the season that we were paying £1300 PW, if we assume the re-neg meant we got both a loan to buy clause and we took on his full salary (say 5k a week), it may already be a foregone conclusion. 

He's be my first choice target out of those we have right now. 
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:

Hmm maybe, but he's only ever ever played 1 minute in a 5-0 loss for their first team. I wouldn't expect him to be on that much. Also do we know how much salary they're currently subsidising? I think it was said at the start of the season that we were paying £1300 PW, if we assume the re-neg meant we got both a loan to buy clause and we took on his full salary (say 5k a week), it may already be a foregone conclusion. 

He's be my first choice target out of those we have right now. 
    I like him but I'd want a full proper season before spending that much. Is this injury a fluke or is he injury prone? The cap dictates we can ill afford passengers.
  • Options
    Interesting, only ones who are realistic are Shinnie and Stockley, Famewo at a push if Norwich want to slap a buy back on him and he is happy to take a cut for the sake of guaranteed football.

Shinnie has been a bit hit and miss for me, turns 32 in a few months another older player on the books and is certainly not in his prime, I reckon Luton got his best years out of him and moved him on, I would pass on Shinnie. 

Stockley would be a 100% yes, ideal signing and I think he will prove to be more important than any of our other strikers as the season goes on.

Famewo obviously a dream signing assuming it's a possibility and his injury is ok
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Just had a quick look and he looks to have had his injuries with us and then one other in 18/19 that ruled him out for a big spell of that season. 

17/18
    Breaking through at Luton, in and out of the squad. Plays 8 games.

18/19 Season
    At Luton goes out on loan to Grimsby picks up a long term injury is recalled and immediately sold to Norwich and placed into their U23 Dev Squad. He misses a good chunk of the 18/19 season, returning for the final 2 games of the PL2 season. Plays 14 games in all competitions that season. 

19/20 Season
    Breaks through in the U23's and becomes captain, plays half the season including EFL trophy fixtures before joining St Mirren for the second half of the season plays every league fixture for them. Plays 25 games in all competitions the last of which being a first team 1 minute debut against... Manchester City. 

20/21 Season... Well we know that bit don't we... 9 played so far... 20 to go?

He also is likely to have played with or met Jaiyesimi at Norwich for the U23's season - They also played against one another for Grimsby vs Yeovil - Jaiyesimi came out on the winning side
    He's beaten Chuks for Grimsby (MKDons)
    He's beaten and drawn against Gilbey for Grimsby (MKDons), 
    Beaten Washington for St Mirren (Hearts)
    Beaten Deji for Luton (AFC W)

• Options
    The article seems to suggest that Shinnie is the one in question but whether that's based on anything they know or balance of probability I have no idea.
  • Options
    Bowyer said: “Every party has to be part of the deal [for Kirk]. There was a part that made it not go through.

So rather than the agent trying to push the deal, was it the agent that scuppered it?