Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2021 Transfer Targets (last minute swoop for Jaiyesimi p184 - NOW it's all over.)

Comments

• JamesSeed said:
    Damned if we do, damned if we don't. Had Bristol Rovers or Sunderland signed Stockley and scored a few or against us and we knew we missed out we would moan for a lack of signing him.

It's not like bad centrebacks cost us the 3 points at Peterborough, ok Pearce made a mistake and the other goal was due to a slip but had we had more bite up top or had more up top the game could have been out of sight. Needlessly buying a centre back who we aren't sure of when we have two competent ones and 2 to come back would be a panic buy, getting a player in who our manager rates, is not. He will make us better not worse.

Twitter is a swamp atm, people being super negative as per 
    It’s not just Twitter.
    Until the mistake we looked to have more bite than Posh. It was a difficult pitch to build attacks on. I would say that apart from the mistake for the goal, there were two other situations where Pearce dragged a player down because he knew he couldn't defend against them. He got away with those, but after studying their first, yes Deji lost the header but Pearce should have stayed with the scorer. He went for the header IMO because he knew he couldn't. It is too much of a weakness atm. Maybe Pearce needs a bit more work to get half a yard back as the alarm bells are ringing when he plays. 
  • Can Stockley do a job and centre half? :)
    Have to quote you again as I've This This Thisbeen done by arguably the most frustra   tingquote system I've ever come across on a forum haha

T

• Anyone remember which pair of hapless centre back Stockley schooled at the Valley last season? I remember him looking good but this seems a key piece of info when making an assessment as to how relevant his performance vs us was.

None the less, he’s fitter than Aneke (for now) and better than Bogle so from that perspective at least it’s seems a good signing.

Hopefully an faster version of Darren Pratley and a centre back to come. 
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50197721

Amusing that the BBC match report uses the exact work "grapples" concerning the penalty Pearce gave away...

It took a disputed penalty to earn the three points when home defender Jason Pearce's grapples with Jayden Stockley proved sufficient to make the North End striker stumble to the floor.
    A tale as old as time. 
  • I take it that there are no new incomings today?
     Stockley probably came down to Sparrows Lane for a medical this morning.

Then got injured in training - so we've sent him back.
    Luckily we forgot to do the paperwork in time.

PS: I damned well hope not!

Think Stockley is still likely, if he's training with the team, photos and interviews likely to be after. 
  • and don't we do all announcements at The Valley these days?
  • Anyone remember which pair of hapless centre back Stockley schooled at the Valley last season? I remember him looking good but this seems a key piece of info when making an assessment as to how relevant his performance vs us was.

None the less, he’s fitter than Aneke (for now) and better than Bogle so from that perspective at least it’s seems a good signing.

Must admit it did get me wondering how many players we have bought over the years off the back of a sensational game against our hapless defence, who then seemed to turn to dogshit when they played for us

Must admit it did get me wondering how many players we have bought over the years off the back of a sensational game against our hapless defence, who then seemed to turn to dogshit when they played for us
    Several of Chris Powell's title winning team were signed off the back of impressive performances against us.

Most of them played very well for Charlton.

• Sponsored links:

• here we go !!
  • No plaice for that type of picture 
  • MattF said:
    Bowyer's been up all night to reel in this one .....!

• Is that Mark Fish 
  • Rothko said:
    I'm going to take the guess that Stockley was training with the first team this morning, that needs to finish, and then photos, interviews etc and announce later. Paperwork is probably already in 
    Yeah I reckon there will be a 5pm or so announcement
    ITK @Dazzler21
    Yeah @Dazzler21 stick the bloke on that ITK list who said there would be an announcement around 5pm!!
  • edited January 2021
    Someone’s got a whopper!
  • Sponsored links:

• Stockley hat trick v Swindon :smile:
  • Big fish

People will still Carp about it.

• Stockley hat trick v Swindon :smile:
    For Swindon ;)

• Where's that bleddy "It's happening" gif?

• Alright Bow, it’s Rich from the south London press. Any new signings on the go? Same time you got any photos of you fishing? 
  • Come on a signing today.
  • Nothing on the OS.

It can't be true.  :smile:

• edited January 2021