Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2021 Transfer Targets (last minute swoop for Jaiyesimi p184 - NOW it's all over.)

Comments

• Here he is.

• Someone start a new thread. @paulie8290 ..... where are you?  :smile:

• " Charlton are set to listen to any offers for Bogle, who joined at the start of October."

• Oggy Red said:

" Charlton are set to listen to any offers for Bogle, who joined at the start of October."

Smithfield market putting a bid in?
  • Can I be the first to say he looks rather like Ronnie Schwartz? I'm preparing to get confused! Good luck Valley Pass commentators  ;)
  • Can I be the first to say he looks rather like Ronnie Schwartz? I'm preparing to get confused! Good luck Valley Pass commentators  ;)
    A  bit like Ben Amos too.

But Ben doesn't wear a red shirt.

• Oggy Red said:
    Can I be the first to say he looks rather like Ronnie Schwartz? I'm preparing to get confused! Good luck Valley Pass commentators  ;)

Even I can manage to work out that difference. At least when they've got their kit on...
  • Sponsored links:

• I can see why TS was pleased to sign Stockley.
    He looks like Kirk Douglas in The Vikings.
    We're gonna smash our way outta this league.
    Move over the lightweights :smile:
  • Oggy Red said:

" Charlton are set to listen to any offers for Bogle, who joined at the start of October."

Wow, I thought LB actually quite liked him. 
  • offload bogle immediately. loan him or sell him for £0 for all I care.
  • League One is a different level, but I recall thinking typical Charlton last season when Stockley looked a bit of a donkey, was about to get the hook, then scored against us. Hoping that League One is Stockley's level and he is a success with us.
  • edited January 2021

• Oggy Red said:
    Can I be the first to say he looks rather like Ronnie Schwartz? I'm preparing to get confused! Good luck Valley Pass commentators  ;)

Even I can manage to work out that difference. At least when they've got their kit on...
    You mean without their kit on, you'd struggle to tell them apart? :astonished:

• Oggy Red said:
    Oggy Red said:

You mean without their kit on, you'd struggle to tell them apart? :astonished:

Possibly...
    Thats funny because I always call Ronne Schwartz, Bernie. Only in my head to myself as nobody else cares in my house. 
  • Sponsored links:

Thats funny because I always call Ronne Schwartz, Bernie. Only in my head to myself as nobody else cares in my house. 
    You'll need to explain that.
  • I do wonder if Bogle has a bit of an attitude problem. 

If you listen carefully to the training session that was filmed shortly after TS took over, I'm sure you can hear Bowyer saying "Why are you moaning Omar?" During the training match.
    I know things like that go on all the time but it was just something that stuck in my mind.

• Can’t say Bogle isn’t a trier, just not a lot of ball quality there at all.  Stockley from what I’ve seen is a big upgrade on him.
  • Chunes said:
    Oggy Red said:

Wow, I thought LB actually quite liked him. 
    He probably did -  out of the available options at that time. 
  • J BLOCK said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    J BLOCK said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Stockley, Aneke, Schwartz and Washington competing for two spots would be superb. Can’t see how we can afford him unless we are able to move Bogle on though. 
    It wouldn't be ‘superb’ but any striker force where bogle isn’t playing is a huge uplift. 
    I think it would be. Schwartz early days but he’s a finisher. Stockley is a great target man at this level. Aneke been fantastic and Washington chips in. How many teams have 4 strikers as good as those? 
    Stockley - 9 goals in 60 odd games
    Shwartz - Unknown at this level
    Aneke - Great player, can't do 90 mins. Let alone two/three games in a week
    Washington - Is ok

It isn't 'Superb'. Taylor and Grant in League One is Superb. 
    But they only played half a season together.  Grant was only a 1st team player for us for 5 months.  It's not like we were running away with the league when Grant left.

Its like "5 games Innis", it's like Hunt and Mendonca, these mythical partnerships that only exist in people's fantasies.

People will be banging on about Di Canio and Bent soon. 

But calling Shwartz and Stockley superb when they haven't played 90 minutes in a Charlton shirt between them is correct .....

No obviously that is equally ludicrous.

But we have some other incredibly mythical partnerships, Innis and Famewo, Grant and Taylor are the two that get banded about on almost a daily basis. 

Grant and Taylor played about 15 games together, Innis and Famewo 5.  It's not significantly more than that games that than Stockley and Schwartz or Bent and Di Canio have/will/did is it. 
    The argument wasn’t about partnerships or minutes played, the argument was players.

It’s simple. Grant and Taylor are superb players to have in league one. Our current crop are not. 
    It’s not. It’s your opinion. Easy saying Grant and Taylor are superb in hindsight, not many would have been saying that in July 2018. Plus I’m talking about depth, not just the starting duo. 

In fairness, superb might have been a slight exaggeration. I still think those four are outstanding depth. If you disagree, tell me which teams in this division have 3rd/4th choice strikers better than two of the above. 

I think someone like Washington would be a lot better alongside Stockley too. 
    Washington could also be a wide option,  has played there before in his career.
  • In League 1, if you can perm any 2 from Aneke, Schwartz, Washington and Stockley to start and if necessary give the other two 25 Minutes to keep the same intensity up for 98 minutes with added time then these guys are decent options in this division.

If it's time for Bogle to move on then thanks for the two goals and good luck in League 2 or the national League. Never personal for me, and I always tried to support Omar though it was difficult when he totally missed the ball with the goal at his mercy. In another game he scored a goal and before I can praise him he misses a sitter and CL forgot about Bogle goal but remembered his miss.

We need to know our best team and formation as we are half way through the season.

A CB with some speed wouldn't go amiss.

You'll need to explain that.
    Sorry mate, bit obscure. But Bernie Schwartz is Tony Curtis's real name, Kirk's being Issur Danielovitch.

A couple of good Jewish Vikings as my father likes to say.