Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2021 Transfer Targets (last minute swoop for Jaiyesimi p184 - NOW it's all over.)

Comments

• Sorry don't mind me, I just came here to slag Bogle off, obviously all his fault.  Wibble
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Sorry don't mind me, I just came here to slag Bogle off, obviously all his fault.  Wibble
    Mate I would take Bogle over William's anyday of the week 😂
  • We should really look at the wages we're paying out on strikers as well. 

Schwartz, Aneke, Bogle, Stockley and Washington won't all be on 2k a week. Seems a waste of money if 3 of them at a time won't be playing. 
    Bogle's leaving, so it's been hinted at.

And each of these 4 strikers will have a role to play for a part of each and every game.

• Oggy Red said:
    RedRobin said:
    I was sceptical about Bogle from the start, but agree that much of the criticism is well OTT, as was the criticism of Bonne before him. We've not created many chances since the start of 2020, generating massive pressure on the striker to score the one good chance he might get, when no striker will take every chance they get, especially at L1 level.
     Bogle is poor, the two goals he scored he looked like he would miss, even with an open goal against Swindon.
    I get the impression that you didn't really see or understand that incident.

Watch the highlights. As Bogle was going round the keeper, he was clearly fouled by the keeper.
    Despite being knocked off balance and stumbling, to Bogle's credit he tried to stay on his feet and rolled the ball into the net.

Other players may have just gone down for a penalty. It would have been an easier option.

Bogle should at least be given credit where it is due.

Agree about the " forgotten goal' of Omar Bogle and I was a second away from saying how well he did with scoring but unfortunately the miss happed so soon after that, I didn't bother to send as, most wanted to dig him out and it felt like swimming against the tide.

I have tried to give an honest appraisal of him and felt he could do well in League 2 and Grimsby would be a good fit.

Any good honest CB with a modicum of strength and pace in League 2 who could be swopped for Bogle ?
  • CH4RLTON said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Anyway back on topic, I would love the last/next signing to be a 19-21 year old left sided center back on a perm to be back up to Famewo this season and either first choice in league 1 next season or back up to A N Other in the championship next season.

That's how you rebuild. 
    How about this guys seems to fit the profile.

Xavier Tshimanga Kamaluba Ntite Mukendi Mpoyi Mbuyamba

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xavier_Mbuyamba

Can I just call him Dave?

No you can't Trigger  :)

• Looks like signing that 6th striker was much more important than proper defensive cover. 

Season is over. 
    Essentially he is saying Pearce and Oshilaja are good enough quality backup players.

I disagree, we might have numbers at CB but they're not good enough to get us promoted. We need to be able to replace Innis and Famewo with similar quality and we can't.
    You could argue that they are decent back up players but not in the same team together, both need somebody better alongside them and not a false CB like Gunter or Pratley.

• I am not sure where you would find better than Oshi under the cap. I think he has been impressive since he came in. Covered both left and right CH as well.

Two sides have had their wide player step inside and score. Schoolboy stuff from Welsh internationals. Pearce has let a long ball bounce twice and watched them score. Obviously our experienced captain went to the same school. Life would be so much better if players would just do the basics right.

I think I would be looking at a left sided centre half and Oshi play right, but if Famewo is back, I would be sorely tempted to get a RSH and give both Gunter and Mathews a rest!
  • edited January 2021

Looks like signing that 6th striker was much more important than proper defensive cover. 

Season is over. 
    BOGLE IS GOING TO LEAVE
    Has he gone yet? 

We currently have 6 strikers on the payroll and conceding 2 goals a game. 
    We have 7 forwards 5 strikers 

Bogle 
    Aneke
    Schwartz
    Washington 
    Stockley

Millar and Smyth are wingers.

Who is this 6th striker?
  • This side is crying out for a half decent centre half. That should be our focus and nothing else.
    We have enough cover according too Lee.
    We do......apart from the fact he didn't want to play one of them & preferred a DM or RB to play there instead.
  • What about Ben Tozer? He was excellent last night, that long throw would cause so many problems and he looks solid at Centre Half as well
  • Sponsored links:

• Assume this week then we will sign a CM and a winger, seen as he’s hinted at we’ve got enough defenders and obviously attackers.  Can’t see how this will improve us that much but let’s see.
  • Assume this week then we will sign a CM and a winger, seen as he’s hinted at we’ve got enough defenders and obviously attackers.  Can’t see how this will improve us that much but let’s see.
    We 100% need a Cullen type midfielder with an energy that drives the team. Really hoping that we get Randall and despite all that’s being said I think if we can juggle enough we may get a CB. I can see any of Bogle, Williams, Smyth, Maddison or Watson leaving if it helps getting the deal Bows wants done. 
  • mart77 said:
    Assume this week then we will sign a CM and a winger, seen as he’s hinted at we’ve got enough defenders and obviously attackers.  Can’t see how this will improve us that much but let’s see.
    We 100% need a Cullen type midfielder with an energy that drives the team. Really hoping that we get Randall and despite all that’s being said I think if we can juggle enough we may get a CB. I can see any of Bogle, Williams, Smyth, Maddison or Watson leaving if it helps getting the deal Bows wants done. 
    I think Bogle going is almost nailed on can’t see how Bowyer makes those comments about 4 strikers and keeps Bogle. Imagine he will be gone before the Franchise match on Tuesday.

If we want another two I imagine we will probably see the same amount leave. Hardest part is going to convince other teams to take them on. If Purrington doesn’t start on Tuesday, then do we need a 3rd choice left back. Gilbey could do with a fresh start as opportunity look limited. Smyth is poor, but if we are playing 10% wage do we save anything by letting him go back. Wouldn’t want to see Williams go to a league 1 rival but beggars can’t be choosers.

Something is going to have to happen if we are going to two more in this window.
  • mart77 said:
    Assume this week then we will sign a CM and a winger, seen as he’s hinted at we’ve got enough defenders and obviously attackers.  Can’t see how this will improve us that much but let’s see.
    I think Bogle going is almost nailed on can’t see how Bowyer makes those comments about 4 strikers and keeps Bogle. Imagine he will be gone before the Franchise match on Tuesday.

If we want another two I imagine we will probably see the same amount leave. Hardest part is going to convince other teams to take them on. If Purrington doesn’t start on Tuesday, then do we need a 3rd choice left back. Gilbey could do with a fresh start as opportunity look limited. Smyth is poor, but if we are playing 10% wage do we save anything by letting him go back. Wouldn’t want to see Williams go to a league 1 rival but beggars can’t be choosers.

Something is going to have to happen if we are going to two more in this window.
    I think SG’s interview suggested a lot is going on behind the scenes. I wondered about Purrington too as JFC can play there but think he will stay unless it’s the move that makes other things happen. I think Smyth will only go if it’s a case of freeing up a loan spot. Like others have said Gilbey has been a disappointment but again I think will only go if needs must. 
  • mart77 said:

I can't see how Purrington is our 3rd choice left back.....we only have 2 !

And ditching Gilbey after just 6 months is not going to happen either.
  • Let’s go in for tucker from the gills he will go somewhere soon why not us
  • cazo said:
    Let’s go in for tucker from the gills he will go somewhere soon why not us

And use Pearce as a makeweight.
  • mart77 said:

Dunno... We're trying to ditch Bogle after just four
  • mart77 said:

Matthews played left back against Hull. Let’s see who plays left back on Tuesday. More likely to see Pearce back at CB and Matthews switch to LB.
  • Sponsored links:

• What about Ben Tozer? He was excellent last night, that long throw would cause so many problems and he looks solid at Centre Half as well
    A 30 year old who's played in league 2 for the past 10 years?

Upping your game for the game of your life in a one off cup tie, doesn't mean he's that good. The very fact he's never got a transfer out of league 2 tells us that.
    Yea I understand that. Just a suggestion with the wage cap etc
  • I’m surprised there’s no mention of Chuks leaving with only a few months left on his contract and banging in a few goals
  • mart77 said:
    I’m surprised there’s no mention of Chuks leaving with only a few months left on his contract and banging in a few goals
    Already been mentioned that we're going to sit down with him next month to try and sort out a new deal
  • I've got no doubt Chucks will get a better offer and move on 
    A 30 year old who's played in league 2 for the past 10 years?

Upping your game for the game of your life in a one off cup tie, doesn't mean he's that good. The very fact he's never got a transfer out of league 2 tells us that.
    Yea I understand that. Just a suggestion with the wage cap etc
    I’d never heard of him mate but keep them coming, don’t let the put down deter you, it didn’t need to be so condescending.
  • I've got no doubt Chucks will get a better offer and move on 
    Might be dependent on which division we're playing in?

• mart77 said:
    I’m surprised there’s no mention of Chuks leaving with only a few months left on his contract and banging in a few goals
    Already been mentioned that we're going to sit down with him next month to try and sort out a new deal
    Be shocked if not one team tries to test us with an offer. I also have big doubts that he’ll sign on again but we shall see.
    Who is Ben Tozer and who does he play for ? 
    Google is your friend.

So I looked him up ...... Cheltenham Town, League 2.  :smile:

• Oggy Red said:
    What about Ben Tozer? He was excellent last night, that long throw would cause so many problems and he looks solid at Centre Half as well
    Who is Ben Tozer and who does he play for ? 
    Google is your friend.

So I looked him up ...... Cheltenham Town, League 2.  :smile:

Named Man of the Match v Man City by the BBC pundits apparently.