Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2021 Transfer Targets (last minute swoop for Jaiyesimi p184 - NOW it's all over.)

Comments

• We score goals need a CB more.
    Not enough though, the goal difference showing on the league one table does not lie.
  • DDOUBLEE said:
    Belv said:
    Jayden Stockley I'm hearing is a real possibility.
    Another striker? Just don't see it with the cap.

Bogle
    Washington
    Schwartz
    Aneke
    Smyth 

Surely CB is a priority
    I personally think a target man is the priority. CB & CM will strengthen when players return from injury. Our strikeforce will not get any better than it is today without recruitment.

If Chuks was to breakdown again with injury our season would be over.
  • Belv said:
    Jayden Stockley I'm hearing is a real possibility.
    Would be a great signing.  The rest of our attackers would look so much better with him in the team. 
  • Someone on the PNE site claiming Bristol Rovers were in for him and we've offered to pay more in wages.

He's a decent player, I liked the look of him when he was at Exeter and he's an upgrade on Bogle and Washington for sure. I'd be happy if we could bring him in. 
    He is an upgrade on all our forwards.
    He would be an upgrade TO all our forwards. Every single one of them would look good playing with a target man. 
  • We don't have a pure target man who can hold it up and get others involved, he would be an upgrade and probably be perfect alongside Schwartz
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Someone on the PNE site claiming Bristol Rovers were in for him and we've offered to pay more in wages.

He's a decent player, I liked the look of him when he was at Exeter and he's an upgrade on Bogle and Washington for sure. I'd be happy if we could bring him in. 
    He is an upgrade on all our forwards.
    He would be an upgrade TO all our forwards. Every single one of them would look good playing with a target man. 
    i've been banging the drum that beyond chucks and scwartz, our strikers ain't up to it and the level drops drastically when we have to play the others - it impacts the whole team and leads to the negative crap - a striker is THE priority in my book 
  • We can only play 2 forwards though, so if we have Stockley up top that leaves Chuks, Ronnie, Bogle and Washington fighting for one place.
  • If we had a half decent target man (physically appearance aside neither Chuks or Bogle are target men) we would look so much better.  We could play with more flexibility.

We would look better at set pieces, in both boxes, hold the ball up more.  The positives are endless. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Stockley, Aneke, Schwartz and Washington competing for two spots would be superb. Can’t see how we can afford him unless we are able to move Bogle on though. 
  • Not sure where the Essex bit came from other than through a slip up. He’s a south coast / west country lad and if he’s homesick, Bristol would undoubtedly be a better fit.

Born in Poole and his previous clubs include Bournemouth, Dorchester, Torquay, Portsmouth and Exeter.
    Someone on the Preston forum was discussing Jordan Storey and his struggle to settle in Preston since moving from Essex. 

This has been misinterpreted as Stockley.
    Kin 'ell, he's from Yeovil, played for Exeter as well, blah blah, give up wibble .........
  • Also don’t underestimate the effect a target man has on the rest of the team, winning throws, free kicks and getting the whole team further up the pitch.
    Some of our fans wouldn’t understand this Gary but a very good point!
  • Stockley, Aneke, Schwartz and Washington competing for two spots would be superb. Can’t see how we can afford him unless we are able to move Bogle on though. 
    It wouldn't be ‘superb’ but any striker force where bogle isn’t playing is a huge uplift. 
  • J BLOCK said:
    Stockley, Aneke, Schwartz and Washington competing for two spots would be superb. Can’t see how we can afford him unless we are able to move Bogle on though. 
    It wouldn't be ‘superb’ but any striker force where bogle isn’t playing is a huge uplift. 
    I think it would be. Schwartz early days but he’s a finisher. Stockley is a great target man at this level. Aneke been fantastic and Washington chips in. How many teams have 4 strikers as good as those? 
  • edited January 2021
    J BLOCK said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Stockley, Aneke, Schwartz and Washington competing for two spots would be superb. Can’t see how we can afford him unless we are able to move Bogle on though. 
    I think it would be. Schwartz early days but he’s a finisher. Stockley is a great target man at this level. Aneke been fantastic and Washington chips in. How many teams have 4 strikers as good as those? 
    Stockley - 9 goals in 60 odd games
    Shwartz - Unknown at this level
    Aneke - Great player, can't do 90 mins. Let alone two/three games in a week
    Washington - Is ok

It isn't 'Superb'. Taylor and Grant in League One is Superb. 
    How comes you provided Stockleys goals for Preston and not Exeter? 

You say Taylor and Grant was superb, of course I don’t disagree. But very few thought Grant would score that amount of goals. We ended the season with Taylor and Parker and that was it. Any two of those probably aren’t as good as Taylor and Grant, but the depth would be extremely strong. 
  • J BLOCK said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Washington - Is ok

Whilst a good point, not too many would have said Taylor and Grant were ‘Superb’ before the start of that season.

The truth is, as always, somewhere in the middle. Those four do hypothetically look strong and have good balance. Hopefully by the end of the season we can say ‘superb’ looking back. 👍
  • J BLOCK said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Washington - Is ok

You say Taylor and Grant was superb, of course I don’t disagree. But very few thought Grant would score that amount of goals. We ended the season with Parker and that was it. Any two of those probably aren’t as good as Taylor and Grant, but the depth would be extremely strong. 
    Because I’m going on his current club form.

We’ve hardly been banging them in this season and we’ve got 3 of the 4 players above already playing. 
  • Sponsored links:

• He was born in Poole, went to school in Lytchett Minster (lovely place), started out at Bournemouth and his last club was Exeter.
    I was assuming Vfrf mistyped and meant Exeter (I'm not aware of any Essex connection).
    Never thought I’d see my school mentioned on here! I was in the year above Jayden, he’d be a good fit with us. Really nice guy.

Definitely don’t think he lives in Essex (I could be wrong though) more likely that he lives in Poole/Bournemouth, which ain’t too far to go.
  • edited January 2021
    Not sure where the Essex bit came from other than through a slip up. He’s a south coast / west country lad and if he’s homesick, Bristol would undoubtedly be a better fit.

Born in Poole and his previous clubs include Bournemouth, Dorchester, Torquay, Portsmouth and Exeter.
    Someone on the Preston forum was discussing Jordan Storey and his struggle to settle in Preston since moving from Essex. 

Kin 'ell, he's from Yeovil, played for Exeter as well, blah blah, give up wibble .........
    Re the above, does anyone actually know if the rumour is about Jordan Storey or Jayden Stockley?
  • I wonder why doughty hasn't been signed yet as rich was pretty certain the deal would be done today 
  • Not sure where the Essex bit came from other than through a slip up. He’s a south coast / west country lad and if he’s homesick, Bristol would undoubtedly be a better fit.

Re the above, does anyone actually know if the rumour is about Jordan Storey or Jordan Stockley?
    It's probably Storey, as Stockley has played quite a bit this season.  Shame I wanted a target man. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    J BLOCK said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Washington - Is ok

But they only played half a season together.  Grant was only a 1st team player for us for 5 months.  It's not like we were running away with the league when Grant left.

Its like "5 games Innis", it's like Hunt and Mendonca, these mythical partnerships that only exist in people's fantasies.

People will be banging on about Di Canio and Bent soon. 

My fantasy is still with Matt Tees and Ray Treacy :smile:

• edited January 2021
    Not sure where the Essex bit came from other than through a slip up. He’s a south coast / west country lad and if he’s homesick, Bristol would undoubtedly be a better fit.

Re the above, does anyone actually know if the rumour is about Jordan Storey or Jordan Stockley?
    Jayden Stockley.
  • J BLOCK said:
    J BLOCK said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Washington - Is ok

You say Taylor and Grant was superb, of course I don’t disagree. But very few thought Grant would score that amount of goals. We ended the season with Parker and that was it. Any two of those probably aren’t as good as Taylor and Grant, but the depth would be extremely strong. 
    Because I’m going on his current club form.

We’ve hardly been banging them in this season and we’ve got 3 of the 4 players above already playing. 
    But he’s not an out and out goal scorer, plus that’s the league above. I don’t disagree about banging them in, but we’ve not particularly struggled for goals overall (only two teams scored more). Schwartz hasn’t started a game yet so slight stretch to say three of the four have been playing. 
  • I’m not saying we don’t need a striker, or that Stockley wouldn’t vastly improve us as a team - but it’s staggering we have so many strikers and midfielders in the building that are seemingly not good enough. 

Surely a few would have to go to make room under the cap.

It’s funny to think about what a team of horrible bastards we’ll be if we manage to get Stockley, Aneke and Inniss in the starting line-up.
    yeah we have a lot of depth. just not quality depth. I'm looking forward to scrapping into the playoffs with Iniss, famewo and Aneke in the lineup. no pretty football from us this season.