Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2021 Transfer Targets (last minute swoop for Jaiyesimi p184 - NOW it's all over.)

Comments

• Surprised that we are looking at a striker. We already have 4 of them. If true would be interesting to know the reason behind it.
    don't forget an MLS team was meant to be sniffing around Bogle so who knows ...
    Cawley dismissed that one - some interaction from Grismby fans on Twitter, doubt there's anything in it aside from wishful thinking on our side
  • Someone on the PNE site claiming Bristol Rovers were in for him and we've offered to pay more in wages.

He's a decent player, I liked the look of him when he was at Exeter and he's an upgrade on Bogle and Washington for sure. I'd be happy if we could bring him in. 
    He is an upgrade on all our forwards.
    TBC r.e Schwartz, agree on the rest. 
  • I feel we need either a 3rd choice forward who can score OR a CB.

Bogle isn't strong enough for a playoff chasing finale. Washington is Washington. I was very surprised to see him not jump for a single header V Peterborough. In a forward 3, he should be a reserve wide player for me. 
  • Surprised that we are looking at a striker. We already have 4 of them. If true would be interesting to know the reason behind it.
    It does seem odd. The only thing I can think of is that they've come to the conclusion that Chuks isn't fit enough to be relied on as a key player, Schwartz is still struggling back to fitness and Bogle just isn't good enough. That way we can go with Washington and Stockley until Schwartz is fit enough to start regularly, and always have Chuks as the impact option
  • edited January 2021
    MarcusH26 said:
    Bit surprised we're linked to a striker , especially another big physical target man like Stockley. 
    Typing his name into Google brings up recent articles (less than 24 hours ago) quoting Grant McCann (Hull) and somebody from Sunderland both saying they are interested.

Then looking at his stats he's had more clubs than my golf bag  !! 
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Bit surprised we're linked to a striker , especially another big physical target man like Stockley. 
    Typing his name into Google brings up recent articles (less than 24 hours ago) quoting Grant McCann (Hull) and somebody from Sunderland both saying they are interested.

Then looking at his stats he's had more clubs than my golf bag  !! 
    Yeah I saw the Sunderland link too , that makes more sense than us. 
  • edited January 2021
    Recent articles suggest that both Hull and Sunderland won't be able to make Stockley work because of the salary cap.

I'm only speculating but my guess is that "Alfie's rehab going to take longer than expected" is just a ruse and we've decided not to take him back to allow room for Stockley - which may also be the "being slow to act" as we were still playing around with the idea of loaning back Alfie whilst Bristol Rovers homed in on Stockley. We already have Alfie's replacement in Millar with Smyth and Washington both able to play there.

I may be wrong but I have a feeling a certain striker is also being touted around to other clubs.
  • No names for a new CB?.
  • Sponsored links:

• Stockley was superb against us at the valley last year ; who knows if that is his norm.  Ultimately we can’t rely on Chuks to play every game so if we are to stay in the hunt, we need to score more goals 
  • Stockley has played a fair few games this season, surprised Preston are seemingly getting rid. 
  • Stockley has played a fair few games this season, surprised Preston are seemingly getting rid. 
    Rumour has it he's struggling on the adjustment moving from Essex to Preston - if that's the case I would think we'd be favourites over Bristol for personal terms. 
  • PNE fans are a mixed bag when it comes to Stockley - some rate him and some think he is a donkey.

He's not overly prolific but he is a handful and certainly someone who might link well with Schwartz but also to give defenders a tougher time than Washington / Smyth / Bogle do as we are a bit too soft and nice up top.

I'd be up for this if it were a goer - very much so
  • Vfrf said:
    Stockley has played a fair few games this season, surprised Preston are seemingly getting rid. 
    Rumour has it he's struggling on the adjustment moving from Essex to Preston - if that's the case I would think we'd be favourites over Bristol for personal terms. 
    If that's the case Bristol is far closer to Exeter than London.
  • Vfrf said:
    Stockley has played a fair few games this season, surprised Preston are seemingly getting rid. 
    But closer to Essex 🙂
  • Vfrf said:
    He’s been there two years. It’s possible Covid has made it worse as it’s difficult when you have family miles away you can’t see, but still a bit odd that it’s now. 
  • Vfrf said:

do you mean Exeter as that was his last club? either that or it's one hell of a commute. 
  • Vfrf said:
    I agree, but Essex is closer to London 
  • I think Covered End was the only one showing a bit of initiative there! 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2021
    He was born in Poole, went to school in Lytchett Minster (lovely place), started out at Bournemouth and his last club was Exeter.
    I was assuming Vfrf mistyped and meant Exeter (I'm not aware of any Essex connection).
  • edited January 2021
    Not sure where the Essex bit came from other than through a slip up. He’s a south coast / west country lad and if he’s homesick, Bristol would undoubtedly be a better fit.

Born in Poole and his previous clubs include Bournemouth, Dorchester, Torquay, Portsmouth and Exeter.
  • Not sure where the Essex bit came from other than through a slip up. He’s a south coast / west country lad and if he’s homesick, Bristol would undoubtedly be a better fit.

Born in Poole and his previous clubs include Bournemouth, Dorchester, Torquay, Portsmouth and Exeter.
    Brizzle Rovers it is then. 
  • wmcf123 said:
    Stockley was superb against us at the valley last year ; who knows if that is his norm.  Ultimately we can’t rely on Chuks to play every game so if we are to stay in the hunt, we need to score more goals 
    I remember him being terrible until they went to sub him and he absolutely turned it on haha
  • esseffect said:
    wmcf123 said:
    Stockley was superb against us at the valley last year ; who knows if that is his norm.  Ultimately we can’t rely on Chuks to play every game so if we are to stay in the hunt, we need to score more goals 
    I remember him being terrible until they went to sub him and he absolutely turned it on haha
    With the way we rotate and make subs sounds perfect 
  • Not sure where the Essex bit came from other than through a slip up. He’s a south coast / west country lad and if he’s homesick, Bristol would undoubtedly be a better fit.

Someone on the Preston forum was discussing Jordan Storey and his struggle to settle in Preston since moving from Essex. 

This has been misinterpreted as Stockley.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    We could have only the following left!:
    Davison30/06/22
    Gunter30/06/22
    Inniss30/06/22
    Bogle30/06/22
    Purrington30/06/22
    Washington30/06/22
    Gilbey30/06/23
    Barker30/06/23
    M.Brewer30/06/23
    Morgan30/06/23
    Henry30/06/23
    With questions around these ones:
    FrenchUnknown
    NessUnknown
    GhandourUnknown
    HarveyUnknown
    AidooUnknown
    WireduUnknown
    AllsopUnknown
    BartonUnknown
    Fortunately Bogle signed a 1 year deal with a 1 year option, so expect to see him released in the summer.
  • Stockley is another Bogle in that he's only really been prolific in L2 or lower
  • 9 goals in 64 at Preston....not exactly ripping up trees there. Only high return appears to be at Exeter.
    44 of those appearances were coming on as a sub.