Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2021 Transfer Targets (last minute swoop for Jaiyesimi p184 - NOW it's all over.)

Comments

• edited January 2021
    Scoham said:
    Huddersfield are planning to loan Sorba Thomas to Harrogate.

https://twitter.com/sportspeteo/status/1349433024539189259?s=21
    Yet they dedicated about 20 tweets to announce his signing. And their fans have the gall to try and rub in it the faces of Charlton fans. Talk about small time mentality.
  • Yes he's he had to move, but Sorba will have had a significant pay rise and a loan to a L2 side instead of playing in the NL
  • TEL said:
    All this talk about letting Bowyer go is just insane. Get a grip people. Cannot understand anyone in their right mind thinking that Lee has become a bad manager overnight. Todays squad isnt a shadow of the team that got us to the play offs. I blame the internet....everyone wants instant gratification nowadays....success is earned its not a god given right.
    It can be thrown away with poor selections though.  Osilaja has been fine at RCB and can play elsewhere too. 
    He played right and left centre half Tuesday, has played right back and midfield so we all know that. I think Bowyer was right to pick him. Why do you think it was a poor selection?
  • sammy391 said:
    Bowyer said last night that Sandgaard wants to sign more players , but the cap is limiting us! 

I’d imagine we have a few lined up, just needing to offload forst
    smyth has to be first out of the door if poss, followed by bogle and washington?
  • DOUCHER said:
    sammy391 said:
    Bowyer said last night that Sandgaard wants to sign more players , but the cap is limiting us! 

smyth has to be first out of the door if poss, followed by bogle and washington?
    They're not going to get rid of players we have just signed
  • DOUCHER said:
    sammy391 said:

Smyth is a loan so sending him back wont really free up any money. The other 2 were only recruited 6 months ago & on 2 year contracts at least. Hard to move them on and to add into the mix I'm pretty sure Washington was signed before the cap was introduced. 

Sad to say I don't think we'll be signing anyone this month - only a loan if the loanee club will pay virtually all the wages. Or if we get rid of Oztumer & use his wages - but I doubt he's on much in any case. 
  • Sponsored links:

• DOUCHER said:
    Redhenry said:
    What is it with Barker, I've heard from people at the club say he's miles off first team. He's not the answer. We need a free loan
    What is the point  of a youth system if they struggle no good. He seemed fine in the games he played in .
    Harry Beadle is the next off the conveyor belt - trust me, he's taken a while to come to the boil but he is gonna be the next one into the first team and he will be a fans favourite - the boy is a 100%er and along with his brother James in goal, will be the backbone of our team for years to come - COYR!!!!!

Harry is a character to say the least. I managed a cricket team that he and my son was in when they were young and you couldn't help but laugh at some of his antics. He was a decent fast bowler and a very quick across the ground fielder but football was always his calling which is why he concentrated on that from the age of 13. 

Both his parents are tall but I did hear that he's only really grown into his frame in the last year or so?
  • Fee of 200k, wasn't they looking for 7 figures minimum? I don't see him going for that price 
    I don't think it was 7 figures but it was more than we were prepared to go. I thought we offered around that figure (sure it was quoted on here at the time) and had the feeling they wanted double. I call bullshit on the "rumour" - can't see him going up to Huddersfield. 
    This aged well
    I doubted it as it seems a very strange move - for both parties. He is a loooong way from home & Huddersfield is hardly a football Mecca. I suppose for them he's a "punt" like Bonne was for us and would be interested in knowing the exact transfer fee as I'm sure we would have paid £200k back in October. 
    He's gone to Huddersfield, not Helsinki. It's about 200 miles away, i'm sure he'll be fine.

He'll more than likely be elated at getting a move into league football.
  • edited January 2021
    sammy391 said:
    Don’t get the anti-Washington vibe

hes a great team player, and has been our only consistent goal threat this season!
    Really? He has scored 1 in 10. Aneke scores every 88 mins, I know which one I would describe as a goal threat

im not knocking Washington but I wouldn’t call him a goal threat
  • DOUCHER said:
    sammy391 said:

Smyth is a loan so sending him back wont really free up any money. The other 2 were only recruited 6 months ago & on 2 year contracts at least. Hard to move them on and to add into the mix I'm pretty sure Washington was signed before the cap was introduced. 

Sad to say I don't think we'll be signing anyone this month - only a loan if the loanee club will pay virtually all the wages. Or if we get rid of Oztumer & use his wages - but I doubt he's on much in any case. 
    Washington signed a 2 year deal and Bogle a 1 year with an optional 2nd year.
  • DOUCHER said:
    Redhenry said:
    What is it with Barker, I've heard from people at the club say he's miles off first team. He's not the answer. We need a free loan
    What is the point  of a youth system if they struggle no good. He seemed fine in the games he played in .
    Harry Beadle is the next off the conveyor belt - trust me, he's taken a while to come to the boil but he is gonna be the next one into the first team and he will be a fans favourite - the boy is a 100%er and along with his brother James in goal, will be the backbone of our team for years to come - COYR!!!!!
    What position does Harry play? 
  • edited January 2021
    DOUCHER said:
    Redhenry said:
    He only made his debut for the U23s in November so it seems unlikely he's the next one in the first team. 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2021
    sammy391 said:

hes a great team player, and has been our only consistent goal threat this season!
    Really? He has scored 1 in 10. Aneke scores every 88 mins, I know which one I would describe as a goal threat

By minutes 1 in every 239 to Chuks 1 in every 92

In addition to this he's only got away 19 shots to Aneke's 35. Making his goal conversion 32% to Chuks 26%. 

If he gets away more shots, he either becomes 

A- More of a goal threat
    or 
    B - Equally/More wasteful than Chuks
  • edited January 2021
    Dazzler21 said:
    sammy391 said:

Or he's scored 6 in 19 to Aneke's 8 in 16
    One a pen. Nearly a goal every 4 games from open play, 11-12 goals a season. As I said, not a major goal threat.

aneke 1 in 2. 23 goals a season. Goal threat
  • Dazzler21 said:
    sammy391 said:

By minutes 1 in every 239 to Chuks 1 in every 92

In addition to this he's only got away 19 shots to Aneke's 35. Making his goal conversion 32% to Chuks 26%. 

If he gets away more shots, he either becomes 

A- More of a goal threat
    or 
    B - Equally/More wasteful than Chuks
    What is it with all these stats? 

At best they can only be a rough guide - and don't really measure a players all round performance or the interaction of his team players, that he relies on.
    And then trying to compare one player with another who doesn't even play the same role ...... (!)

We'd never heard of this glorified navel gazing or dissection to the nth degree until Sky bought out football and reduced it to the level of some dumb arsed American TV game show.

Oh, well ..... each to their own, I suppose.

• DOUCHER said:
    sammy391 said:

smyth back will free up a loan place