Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2021 Transfer Targets (last minute swoop for Jaiyesimi p184 - NOW it's all over.)

Comments

• Still earning a hefty wage then.
  • Bailey said:
    Was he a free agent after his stint with us ? Cos he is probably on a lot less money now if he was.
    Who McGeady? - He was only on loan from Sunderland... His contract expires this summer
    I think he'll pack it in. He's earning a fortune and will probably have to accept a 80% pay cut. 2k a week is still decent money but when you're taking that much of a cut it wouldn't seem worth it. 
  • James86 said:
    Not a rumour for us, but we were previously linked with him. My friend, who’s work colleague is good friends with Sorba Thomas, he has supposedly  agreed a 3 year deal with Huddersfield. £2500 P/W for a fee of £200K. One for the future is to be loaned back out to a lower league team. Bradford was mentioned. Not seen nothing on the internet about it 🤷 no harm in passing on what I’ve heard. 
    It wouldn’t surprise me if that transfer happened but I’d be shocked if Sorba Thomas’s mates have been blurting out what he’s supposedly earning for the alleged deal. 

Hopefully just a rumour and we can get him ourselves 
  • Crawley midfielder Matthews looked handy yesterday, box to box style 
  • DA9 said:
    Crawley midfielder Matthews looked handy yesterday, box to box style 
    I thought the striker looked good too, not Watters the other tall, quick one. They played really well.
  • James86 said:
    Not a rumour for us, but we were previously linked with him. My friend, who’s work colleague is good friends with Sorba Thomas, he has supposedly  agreed a 3 year deal with Huddersfield. £2500 P/W for a fee of £200K. One for the future is to be loaned back out to a lower league team. Bradford was mentioned. Not seen nothing on the internet about it 🤷 no harm in passing on what I’ve heard. 
    It wouldn’t surprise me if that transfer happened but I’d be shocked if Sorba Thomas’s mates have been blurting out what he’s supposedly earning for the alleged deal. 

Hopefully just a rumour and we can get him ourselves 
    I did think that. Talk of Huddersfield buying him a house and Sorba having a % of the transfer fee or something along those lines. We’ll see. I don’t disbelieve my friend. He doesn’t even support Charlton. He only mentioned it as he knew we were linked or Charlton were brought up in conversation with his colleague. 
  • Fee of 200k, wasn't they looking for 7 figures minimum? I don't see him going for that price 
  • Fee of 200k, wasn't they looking for 7 figures minimum? I don't see him going for that price 
    Depends if there are add ons. 200k might just be the upfront fee.
  • Maccn05 said:
    DA9 said:
    I thought the striker looked good too, not Watters the other tall, quick one. They played really well.
    Ashley Naesdean? Another one I think that's come through non league. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Like you said no harm in posting what you’ve heard, that’s the idea of the thread but when weird details like his weekly pay, getting a house etc are added it starts to feel like someone is trying to hard with their ‘rumour’. 
    I don't think it was 7 figures but it was more than we were prepared to go. I thought we offered around that figure (sure it was quoted on here at the time) and had the feeling they wanted double. I call bullshit on the "rumour" - can't see him going up to Huddersfield. 
  • edited January 2021
    Loan fees are not included in salary cap right? So we could loan a decent player for £1m up front and the loaning club could agree that we pay 0% of their salary... 
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Maccn05 said:
    DA9 said:
    Used to play for Fleetwood, pretty sure he scored against us once. 
  • Maccn05 said:
    DA9 said:
    Jack Powell stood out for me. Excellent deliveries from corners and free kicks. I kept thinking when will we have somebody that can do that.
    He was let go by Millwall 
  • RedRobin said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    Maccn05 said:
    DA9 said:
    Played in this game, only time he's faced us

• RedRobin said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    Maccn05 said:
    DA9 said:

Reeco as the lone forward  :#
  • edited January 2021
    RedRobin said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    Maccn05 said:
    DA9 said:

Yeh he showed so much promise the previous week @ Peterborough

Probably his one decent game for us
  • RedRobin said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    Maccn05 said:
    DA9 said:

Scored on his debut at the weekend for Southend
  • Sponsored links:

• RedRobin said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    Maccn05 said:
    DA9 said:

Scored on his debut at the weekend for Southend
    2 years more experienced AND for the bottom side in L2, not a team chasing promotion in L1...
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Loan fees are not included in salary cap right? So we could loan a decent player for £1m up front and the loaning club could agree that we pay 0% of their salary... 
    Loan fees are included, for that exact reason. 99% sure
  • SamE7 said:
    Dazzler21 said:

The cap includes the following

• basic wages
    • taxes
    • bonuses
    • image rights
    • agents’ fees and
    • other fees and expenses paid directly or indirectly to players
    Not sure if 'Other fees and expenses' covers it as they're not paid directly or indirectly to the players. 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    SamE7 said:
    Dazzler21 said:

• basic wages
    • taxes
    • bonuses
    • image rights
    • agents’ fees and
    Not sure if 'Other fees and expenses' covers it as they're not paid directly or indirectly to the players. 
    Well a loan fee isn't paid to the player & is very much like a transfer fee so I doubt very much it is included in the figures. Whether the portion of the players wages that the other club is paying is, but I doubt that either because that was really the only way we could have brought in loans last season under the embargo. 

• edited January 2021
    Dazzler21 said:
    SamE7 said:
    Dazzler21 said:

• basic wages
    • taxes
    • bonuses
    • image rights
    • agents’ fees and
    Well a loan fee isn't paid to the player & is very much like a transfer fee so I doubt very much it is included in the figures. Whether the portion of the players wages that the other club is paying is, but I doubt that either because that was really the only way we could have brought in loans last season under the embargo. 

This.
    Loan fees do count against FFP limits but the salary cap is not part of FFP. It is an agreement within the league.
  • edited January 2021
    Dazzler21 said:
    SamE7 said:
    Dazzler21 said:

• basic wages
    • taxes
    • bonuses
    • image rights
    • agents’ fees and
    Sorry if I am being thick, but what are image rights payments we might make?
  • Dazzler21 said:
    SamE7 said:
    Dazzler21 said:

• basic wages
    • taxes
    • bonuses
    • image rights
    • agents’ fees and
    It's to stop us paying players extra outside of their wage for things like using their likeness in a game or an advert campaign. 

"Hey come and play for us and we'll put your pic up in the new kit and give you 100k image rights"
  • Dazzler21 said:
    SamE7 said:
    Dazzler21 said:

• basic wages
    • taxes
    • bonuses
    • image rights
    • agents’ fees and
    Loads of clubs, including lower league ones, have been using image rights as a tax avoidance method. 

I believe that there was a league 1 player paid £800 a week and £5000 a month for his "image rights".  The club never once used his image in any promotions, merchandise etc.