Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2021 Transfer Targets (last minute swoop for Jaiyesimi p184 - NOW it's all over.)

Comments

• thenewbie said:
    BACK TO ACTUAL TRANSFERS:

We know that the two new signings bought us up to the limit financially. It seems likely but not yet confirmed that Levitt has gone back.

I suspect that we need to move a few more people on first, and that any further transfers in depend on other clubs doing some business first.

Wheels are no doubt turning and phone calls being made but I don't expect to see much business done until towards the end of the month now.
    Agree, we put Oztumer in the shop window at one point, and Lapslie as well of course so that will be some outgoings too. Plus if Doughty goes that could be key to our plans later in the window.
  • Crew have turned down a bid from Cardiff for Ng, weren't we linked previously?

Sorry let's get back to Oshilaja, Barker and Bogle 😂😂
  • Levitt been called back by United. 
  • Think bogle will get a night off from the scapegoat job tonight step forward Deji.we new at start of season our strikers aren’t the best but it’s all we could get can’t see how slagging and berating them helps.god help Ronnie if he doesn’t score in first 3 games 
  • Think bogle will get a night off from the scapegoat job tonight step forward Deji.we new at start of season our strikers aren’t the best but it’s all we could get can’t see how slagging and berating them helps.god help Ronnie if he doesn’t score in first 3 games 
    I first read that as Deji was playing as a forward... oh well you never know with Bowyer selections/formations lately.
  • Be nice if he scored where ever he plays tonight. I’d like to see Forster caskey and Morgan paired in cm but think it’ll be gilbey 
  • Be nice if he scored where ever he plays tonight. I’d like to see Forster caskey and Morgan paired in cm but think it’ll be gilbey 
    Gilbey is suspended 
  • Oi Admin, have a word. This thread is getting tedious.
  • edited January 2021
    Oi Admin, have a word. This thread is getting tedious.
     Bring back the flag, failing which thumb screws, the rack and the stocks. 😉
  • RedChaser said:
    Kinky!!
  • Sponsored links:

• RedChaser said:
    Kinky!!
    Really? Tell us more 😉.
  • edited January 2021
    If the cap is so hard to work under, why did we spend so much on the wages of Watson and Gunter? There are better players out there who will be on far less 

We desperately need a CB. I rate him very highly, but Famewo isn't much use to us on the treatment table. Would it not make sense to send him back to free up some of the wage bill? (Assuming we're footing some of his)
  • According to the post match thread someone said we're paying 6k for Gunter and Matthews near 3k. That's alot for 2 right backs in our position 
  • Sorba starts against Millwall today... Game is on BT Sport for anyone who wants to see how he does
  • edited January 2021
    Not sure Sorba is what we need now anyway
    Good player but I agree, our priority should be a box to box midfielder in the mould of Cullen.
  • Need a CB and a box to box midfielder more than we need another winger, Sorba is either completely off the list because of Millars arrival or someone we'll consider very late in the window. 
  • Sorba starts against Millwall today... Game is on BT Sport for anyone who wants to see how he does
    It's impressive, the commentators have already managed to mention our failed bid for him twice in the first two minutes, don't think they have much else prepared 
  • Sponsored links:

• Sage said:
    Levitt gone back, Doughty being sold this coming week, Lapslie and Oztumer both free to find other clubs this window. But I think we actually might need one more senior player (not U21) to leave the club in order for us to bring in the two or three we want.

A central midfielder is definitely a target, we are now short with the injuries and suspensions and even then, the midfield doesn’t look as strong as we would like. A new midfielder is needed.

As much as Bowyer has said not really to a centre back, I am 100% sure they are looking at bringing one in. I think Bowyer knows neither Oshilaja or Pearce are good enough to start for us to get promoted. Start one and play Inniss or Famewo and we got a chance, but we can’t take that risk. We are so soft and sloppy in defence. They’re looking.

Another striker or attacking player who can play across the front 3 or in the 10 role is also what we need. If we lose Aneke for any period of time, we’re in trouble. Now we have Schwartz, Bogle seems to be pushed down to 5th in the pecking order. We need something better again up the attacking side of the pitch. Whether that’s another striker or not. Maybe someone like Sorba Thomas. Maybe someone who can properly play out on the right.

Once Doughty is sold, I’m expecting another 3 to leave which includes Lapslie and maybe Oztumer, and another 3 to come in. 
    Got to wonder what happens if we can’t offload them ? 
    If we pay up their contracts that’s counted towards the cap. 
    Interesting couple of weeks ahead 
  • MattF said:
    Sorba starts against Millwall today... Game is on BT Sport for anyone who wants to see how he does
    It's impressive, the commentators have already managed to mention our failed bid for him twice in the first two minutes, don't think they have much else prepared 
    Not in the game to much, there are some lumps in the Borehamwood side. Anyone taking the ball around their keeper will have to pay to get back in. The commentators given up apologising for the swearing, I can see it all going off soon getting lively 🥊🥊🥊😂😂
  • Not sure Sorba is what we need now anyway
    He’ll fit in at centre half perfectly 
  • Excellent post Sage. That’s how I see it as well. I do wonder who the additional player to leave the club will be. Purrington is probably one of the most obvious names, if Bowyer trust Matthews as a cover at left back. 

The success of the window comes down who we can allow to leave the club before we even think of bringing someone else in.
  • Sage said:
    Levitt gone back, Doughty being sold this coming week, Lapslie and Oztumer both free to find other clubs this window. But I think we actually might need one more senior player (not U21) to leave the club in order for us to bring in the two or three we want.

A central midfielder is definitely a target, we are now short with the injuries and suspensions and even then, the midfield doesn’t look as strong as we would like. A new midfielder is needed.

As much as Bowyer has said not really to a centre back, I am 100% sure they are looking at bringing one in. I think Bowyer knows neither Oshilaja or Pearce are good enough to start for us to get promoted. Start one and play Inniss or Famewo and we got a chance, but we can’t take that risk. We are so soft and sloppy in defence. They’re looking.

Another striker or attacking player who can play across the front 3 or in the 10 role is also what we need. If we lose Aneke for any period of time, we’re in trouble. Now we have Schwartz, Bogle seems to be pushed down to 5th in the pecking order. We need something better again up the attacking side of the pitch. Whether that’s another striker or not. Maybe someone like Sorba Thomas. Maybe someone who can properly play out on the right.

Once Doughty is sold, I’m expecting another 3 to leave which includes Lapslie and maybe Oztumer, and another 3 to come in. 
    Really hope this happens, we need it to.

You might say the next three weeks will be crucial.
  • Sorba seems like proper Charlton. Just went missing against Millwall
    Actually it is only when we play them they do that  

Llera scored a last minute winner for Wednesday and Sarr was MOTM for Huddersfield a few weeks ago.