Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2021 Transfer Targets (last minute swoop for Jaiyesimi p184 - NOW it's all over.)

Comments

• LTKapal said:
    Chunes said:
    Didn't say anything about Newport though
    Clutching at straws I think... Rich is not cryptic
  • Surely no-one is giving that article about Bogle any credence. He might not be on top form but he's not exactly out of favour considering he starts most matches. Also, calling having a right footed and left footed striker up front 'a scheme of creating opposite foot mismatches' is some of the most pretentious pretending to know about football guff I've seen. I'll believe it when it comes from a source that's even vaguely reputable. I think I'd believe on of those terrible fake Twitter scoops before I believed that site
  • FFS I just got his name printed on my shirt as well
    I was lucky, rang the shop to get it done they said we’re closed come back tomori 🥁 
  • In Covered End said:
    Who said there's no good news around.
    I've started the car to drive him there.
    Aquamobile mate? 😉
  • Thought that story might turn out to be NY Bullshit.

Too good to be true!
  • Bogle hasn't been helped by being slagged off by his manager & then being subbed at half time & even before half time !!  That is then compounded by knowing that a new striker has been signed up & ready to take his place as soon as the transfer window opens.

I'm not saying Bogle is the bees knees, but he has hardly had his mangers blessing & knew what pressure he was under when he went into the Hull match. He may not be all that but he has scored 2 more goals than either Hemed or Parker.
    Agree with all that, except the Parker part. He done all he could but find the back of the net for us and yes he’s a striker, but I think he done alright for us.

Bogle has been poor, but you are right, he hasn’t been helped by Bow and that is surprising to see so much of this season. 
  • Parker Was played as a winger until he joined us and did a good job out of position. 

Hemed played in the league above

unfair comparisons 

compare him with players with the same limited ability such as abbot or kandol
  • Bogle to new york?? man i should of been a footballer. even a shit one can get a decent move. 
  • Sponsored links:

• We now have 4 players that can play wide attacking left - Smyth, Millar, Maddison and Maatsen
    and 1 who can play right - Willo.  Also 1 fit CB.   Think Lee got his priorities wrong but i think Schwartz may be a gem - mind you i thought the same about Andy Jones.
    Anyway like all Lifers i will give Ronnie and Liam 45 minutes to prove themselves ...
    Previous encounters MM always played on the right against us and usually was dangerous! 
  • RedChaser said:
    In Covered End said:
    Who said there's no good news around.
    I've started the car to drive him there.
    Aquamobile mate? 😉
    Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.
  • Surely no-one is giving that article about Bogle any credence. He might not be on top form but he's not exactly out of favour considering he starts most matches. Also, calling having a right footed and left footed striker up front 'a scheme of creating opposite foot mismatches' is some of the most pretentious pretending to know about football guff I've seen. I'll believe it when it comes from a source that's even vaguely reputable. I think I'd believe on of those terrible fake Twitter scoops before I believed that site
    He does seem to start a lot of games,  but if his option of another year is triggered by a certain number of appearances,  I think we'll begin to see those starts tail off.
  • edited January 2021
    Bogle hasn't been helped by being slagged off by his manager & then being subbed at half time & even before half time !!  That is then compounded by knowing that a new striker has been signed up & ready to take his place as soon as the transfer window opens.

I'm not saying Bogle is the bees knees, but he has hardly had his mangers blessing & knew what pressure he was under when he went into the Hull match. He may not be all that but he has scored 2 more goals than either Hemed or Parker.
    Bogle hasn't helped himself by being useless. He can't pass, he can't shoot, he can't seem to muscle anyone off the ball, he is unable to take it past people, he doesn't seem one bit interested in doing any of the dirty side of the game and has no interest in being a team player what so ever. And he is getting worse. Every time he does get the ball, he either tries to do a 'classy' flick which occasionally comes off or will run around in circles with it until someone takes the ball off him.

The only thing we haven't seen yet which could show him in a different light is if he were to play alongside Aneke and therefore allow him a bit more space with the ball. (One of his goals was during the only 3 minutes those two have actually played together). I would be willing to give him one more chance in that situation.

However if there was any chance we could get him off the books and get another player in then I would take it in a flash.
  • Bogle hasn't been helped by being slagged off by his manager & then being subbed at half time & even before half time !!  That is then compounded by knowing that a new striker has been signed up & ready to take his place as soon as the transfer window opens.

If you're playing dog, he should have been dragged off. I'm with Bowyer 100%. Why keep him on the pitch if he's clearly struggling to have any impact on the game. 
  • RC_CAFC said:
    Bogle hasn't been helped by being slagged off by his manager & then being subbed at half time & even before half time !!  That is then compounded by knowing that a new striker has been signed up & ready to take his place as soon as the transfer window opens.

Bogle hasn't helped himself by being useless. He can't pass, he can't shoot, he can't seem to muscle anyone off the ball, he is unable to take it pass people, he doesn't seem one bit interested in doing any of the dirty side of the game and has no interest in being a team player what so ever. And he is getting worse. Every time he does get the ball, he either tries to do a 'classy' flick which occasionally comes off or will run around in circles with it until someone takes the ball off him.

The only thing we haven't seen yet which could show him in a different light is if he were to play alongside Aneke and therefore allow him a bit more space with the ball. (One of his goals was during the only 3 minutes those two have actually played together). I would be willing to give him one more chance in that situation.

However if there was any chance we could get him off the books and get another player in then I would take it in a flash.
    Giving him game time with aneke would be a good call. We are so predictable and every opposition manager knows that one will come on for the other after 60 mins.

Starting them both would give defences something different to think about
  • Bogle to new york?? man i should of been a footballer. even a shit one can get a decent move. 
    Unless you are Andre Green?

• Sponsored links:

• edited January 2021
    J BLOCK said:

If you're playing dog, he should have been dragged off. I'm with Bowyer 100%. Why keep him on the pitch if he's clearly struggling to have any impact on the game. 
    But then if he's that bad, why pick him at all?

There are alternatives, even if means playing a different style and using Maddison and Williams more. After all Williams scored as a False 9 for Wales
    Exactly. Its a double edged sword. We had to play Bogle last weekend as Aneke was suspended and we had no other strikers. If Bowyer had used better man management over the past 2 months Bogle might have been in a better place mentally and might not have taken an air shot 6 yards out.

OR....

if Bowyer REALLY doesn't rate him he could have played a slightly different system & started with Maddison and/or Williams. He didn't......and so we were left with a dispirited & downbeat player who looked like he wanted to be anywhere but on the pitch.

• J BLOCK said:

That's fair enough, but then to start him in the next game is the problem.  No we didn't have a boat load of alternatives but there were alternatives.  Can you still recall non-league loans out of the window?  If so why wasn't Davison recalled in November? 

I don't think I have ever known a player hooked before an hour so often.  It obviously hasn't got the reaction Bowyer was hoping for, so why keep trying it? 
  • J BLOCK said:

But then if he's that bad, why pick him at all?

There are alternatives, even if means playing a different style and using Maddison and Williams more. After all Williams scored as a False 9 for Wales
    Maybe Bow wanted to give him a chance to show he can do it. When you play as poorly as he does after 45mins he has every right to drag him off.

We’ve also never played 1 up top under bowyer with a false 9 (to my knowledge). 
  • Sage said:
    I think the one that has hurt Bogle the most was getting dragged off away at Swindon.

He scored to get us back on level terms, but what everyone seems to focus on was the miss which would’ve put us 2-1 up before half time.

He then gets subbed off at half time because of that miss, and okay Aneke scored to put us 2-1 up, but so did Bogle.

As strikers, they’re going to miss chances and yes he’s been poor, and yes they’ve been some big chances where he should’ve scored, but if you are going to take off a striker every single time he misses a chance, you’re making a rod for your own back. The confidence Bogle would’ve got from scoring that day would’ve gone and only felt worse than before the moment he got taken off.

The pressure is then huge every time an opportunity presents itself, which is rare because we don’t create many. So if he doesn’t take it, in the back of his mind he’s already coming off. That’s big pressure and some players can’t handle it.
    There is absolutely no excusing that stinker of a miss, I could have put that in the back of the net and I'm mediocre for someone who isn't a professional and smokes. I was a big advocate at the beginning but after the Hull game (and shouting at the TV twice) enough is enough, just not good enough.

Don't agree with the abuse though.
  • yes,forwards miss chances. usually because the keeper makes saves or defenders block the shots. Bogle is missing sitters from 6 yards out by not connecting with the ball! If the keeper made a save at Swindon or a hull defender charged down the ball, I would have more sympathy. The fact that he is a centre forward who has had two air kicks in front of goal in the last two away matches suggests that he simply shouldn’t be playing right now.
  • I’m not saying he should be playing, I’m not saying you can make excuses for the miss at Swindon, he had just scored so should’ve been confident but I assume he momentarily took his eye off the ball and looked at the keeper as it was coming to him, that’s what caused him to miss it completely.

Since then, any and every opportunity he has had means he has to score and that’s huge pressure. I agree he hasn’t been good enough, but for a striker especially, confidence is a massive part of the game. If he is suffering from a lack of it, which he looks to me like he is, he needs good management and support, not the abuse he has been getting.