Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2021 Transfer Targets (last minute swoop for Jaiyesimi p184 - NOW it's all over.)

Comments

• Redrobo said:
    Even if Bowyer doesn't think Barker is ready, what about our U23s, surely there must be someone who can step up and play CB?
    Mingi is very capable. Hopefully Oshilaja will step up and show up the folly of Bowyer’s team selections. I trust Jacko can talk some sense into him, failing that Sandgaard needs to interject.
    Let me get this straight, you actually think that a chairman of a club should interject and tell the manager who he thinks should be playing. 
    Been about football long have you?
    We’ve been there before, and it wasn’t pretty!  
  • Has no one else noticed that Joe’s Dad is back on here?
  • Has no one else noticed that Joe’s Dad is back on here?
    Not in the slightest 
  • "MiddlesbroughStoke and Swansea are interested in a loan deal for Tottenham's 20-year-old winger Jack Clarke"

I know he was mentioned on here by a couple of people but pretty sure he was never going to drop down to league one.
  • Redrobo said:
    Even if Bowyer doesn't think Barker is ready, what about our U23s, surely there must be someone who can step up and play CB?
    Mingi is very capable. Hopefully Oshilaja will step up and show up the folly of Bowyer’s team selections. I trust Jacko can talk some sense into him, failing that Sandgaard needs to interject.
    Let me get this straight, you actually think that a chairman of a club should interject and tell the manager who he thinks should be playing. 
    Been about football long have you?
    I read it as having a word with bowyer about his recent performance and strange selections, which an owner is entitled to do. Not that ts should pick the team
  • Even if Bowyer doesn't think Barker is ready, what about our U23s, surely there must be someone who can step up and play CB?
    The fact Mingi, more than Barker, hasn't even been on the bench is quite a head stratcher.  At his age, at this level, in these circumstances you have to ask if not now when?

I can't not now see any circumstances in which Bowyer will use him.  On that basis I expect him to leave as soon as possible and I don't think he has had a fair crack 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    The fact Mingi, more than Barker, hasn't even been on the bench is quite a head stratcher.  At his age, at this level, in these circumstances you have to ask if not now when?

I can't not now see any circumstances in which Bowyer will use him.  On that basis I expect him to leave as soon as possible and I don't think he has had a fair crack 
    Why has he not been out on loan, what is his contract position, how well has he playing at the moment?
  • Redrobo said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Why has he not been out on loan, what is his contract position, how well has he playing at the moment?
    These are very good questions as he is now 20 and has played 2 games in the tin pot cup, that's it.  No non-league loan.

There can't be many 20 year olds that have played zero proper mens football then gone on to make it?

If you compare it to Hady Ghandour he at least has played 60 odd games of mens football, all be it at a lower level. 
  • Sponsored links:

• LTKapal said:
    Has no one else noticed that Joe’s Dad is back on here?
    Not in the slightest 
    Oh, OK.  My mistake.
  • MattF said:
    And there lies the problem.

Not entirely convinced he gets in any of those championship sides (maybe Rotherham) but they can pay him 5k to sit on the bench as backup and it's double what we could afford.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Redrobo said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

These are very good questions as he is now 20 and has played 2 games in the tin pot cup, that's it.  No non-league loan.

There can't be many 20 year olds that have played zero proper mens football then gone on to make it?

If you compare it to Hady Ghandour he at least has played 60 odd games of mens football, all be it at a lower level. 
    I don’t think it is that unusual as players develop at different stages. A simple thing like a growth spurt can throw the body completely out of kilter for instance. I have faith that we will be developing him appropriately, and if he is able to complete that journey he will start playing men’s football, hopefully with us.
  • edited January 2021
    Has no one else noticed that Joe’s Dad is back on here?
    Joe who?
    Pigott.  But he's a supporter, so it might mean nothing.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Redrobo said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

I don't think Vennings has been out on loan either. He will be 21 in May and he's only started 3 games in any competition. I've often been critical of Premier League clubs stockpiling players but, if we aren't playing or even sending the likes of Vennings out on loan, how do they develop as footballers?
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Redrobo said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

I don't think Vennings has been out on loan either. He will be 21 in May and he's only started 3 games in any competition. I've often been critical of Premier League clubs stockpiling players but, if we aren't playing or even sending the likes of Vennings out on loan, how do they develop as footballers?
    I don’t think Vennings would/should be allowed to go out on loan as he may well be needed. I think he has a great future and we need to tie him up on a long contract.

I don’t think going out on loan is the only way to develop players either. Getting kicked from pillar to post is not always the best way to develop a player! It really has to be a good fit, which means that you need the right club to want the player. I think our success in developing players is a good indication that the coaches know what they are doing.
  • I'm not sure if some of Bow's reluctance to use our youngsters isnt due him having to use them so much last season. As a manager he doesn't seem to be making "brave" decisions as much. Be that team selection, tactics or willingness to take a chance on our youth players who let's face didn't really let us down last season when they played.
  • Redrobo said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Redrobo said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

I don’t think Vennings would/should be allowed to go out on loan as he may well be needed. I think he has a great future and we need to tie him up on a long contract.

I don’t think going out on loan is the only way to develop players either. Getting kicked from pillar to post is not always the best way to develop a player! It really has to be a good fit, which means that you need the right club to want the player. I think our success in developing players is a good indication that the coaches know what they are doing.
    Really?

He was barely needed last season when we had a major injury crisis so I'd be amazed if he's needed now when we have probably 8 midfielders ahead of him.
  • Sponsored links:

• Gnanduillet has been shite every time I’ve seen him. Don’t think he’s championship level at all.
  • I'm not sure if some of Bow's reluctance to use our youngsters isnt due him having to use them so much last season. As a manager he doesn't seem to be making "brave" decisions as much. Be that team selection, tactics or willingness to take a chance on our youth players who let's face didn't really let us down last season when they played.
    He played them last year, they didn’t let us down, we got relegated, they left.
  • Even if Bowyer doesn't think Barker is ready, what about our U23s, surely there must be someone who can step up and play CB?
    Mingi is very capable. Hopefully Oshilaja will step up and show up the folly of Bowyer’s team selections.

I trust Jacko can talk some sense into him, failing that Sandgaard needs to interject.
    That's bollox Bolder.  :smile:

• Have just caught up on 25 pages of this thread and can’t help but pinch myself over the difference between this window and the period last year. Signings made (and early) and no sightings of the super duper phone.

Looking forward to what else may pitch up on the LB / SG rollercoaster.
    Wonder if we’ll get a late night picture of crisps and fizzy drinks appearing on deadline day!

• I know some where suggesting Innis was very close, but this in today's SLP:

Addicks boss Lee Bowyer is without Akin Famewo and Ryan Inniss due to injury – with the former the closest to a return but still around a month away.

Yet Bowyer is still reluctant to shop for a CB... 
  • Might be reluctant because we are at the cap of the wage limit. Wouldn't necessarily be needed when everyone is back fit.