Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2021 Transfer Targets (last minute swoop for Jaiyesimi p184 - NOW it's all over.)

Comments

• https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/deji-oshilaja-set-for-centre-back-start-for-charlton-as-boss-outlines-why-he-is-reluctant-to-go-into-transfer-market-in-that-area/

Better wording from Bowyer when talking about Oshilaja

“But now he’s out and Deji has got the opportunity now and he is back fit. Hopefully Deji will do well – so that when Darren is back he can slot back into midfield."
    If it’s a month at least to seeing just Inniss then unless something dramatically changes in our form we will be out of the promotion race by the time our defence has the capability of recording a clean sheet. At this point after Schwartz and Millar I would say a central defender is essential. 
  • https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/deji-oshilaja-set-for-centre-back-start-for-charlton-as-boss-outlines-why-he-is-reluctant-to-go-into-transfer-market-in-that-area/

“But now he’s out and Deji has got the opportunity now and he is back fit. Hopefully Deji will do well – so that when Darren is back he can slot back into midfield."
    If it’s a month at least to seeing just Inniss then unless something dramatically changes in our form we will be out of the promotion race by the time our defence has the capability of recording a clean sheet. At this point after Schwartz and Millar I would say a central defender is essential. 
    it's a month to seeing Famewo, Inniss longer still.

it's a month to seeing Famewo, Inniss longer still.
    Thanks. Even more a priority then I’d say.
  • “If we do bring in a young kid they will have no experience – it’s a gamble."

Yes and playing Watson and Pratley every single game is a gamble too, on producing the goods each game. 

Bow's bloods youngsters only once there is a severe injury crisis in that position.

• There has to be some decent 21 and under players in league 1? Lincoln have got some great youngsters, need to bring some pace in. 
  • No more signings this month?.
  • RedRobin said:
    There has to be some decent 21 and under players in league 1? Lincoln have got some great youngsters, need to bring some pace in. 
    We also have decent youngster so why not use them?
    Depends if any players are released or sold, I woud expect.

• How much does someone like George lapslie earn? 1k p/w max I'd imagine. Can we really bring in someone of more quality and the relevant experience for that amount of money? 
  • Sponsored links:

• I’d sooner lapslie than gilbey 
    I think it was said that we may lose some we don’t want to do, I’m guessing we’ll see a few depart. I have a feeling the likes of Purrington, Deji & maybe even Smyth may move on. Wheeling and dealing is here until we get out of this league. 
  • Cant believe people were believing that fake account lol,  like Tomori would go to League 1

Explains why Tomori rejected West Ham... They were playing a level too high for them
  • Cant believe people were believing that fake account lol,  like Tomori would go to League 1

As if he'd drop to league one after playing for England and in the champions league last season!

One thing i don't get though is how does the fake account have the same username as the real one?

As if he'd drop to league one after playing for England and in the champions league last season!

One thing i don't get though is how does the fake account have the same username as the real one?
    Capital i... "I"
  • edited January 2021
    Cant believe people were believing that fake account lol,  like Tomori would go to League 1

The L in Cawley is a capital i

The England international who probably earns per week what the rest of the squad earn together. Just proves that some people will believe anything
  • Wow, Tomori’s coming to us.

Great scoop for CawIey.
  • Sponsored links:

• Sounds as if that’s us done transfer wise until the last week of January! 

Need outgoings to be able to sanction incoming , so I’d imagine we’re trying to whore out lapslie/oztumer/etc now
  • MattF said:
    Cant believe people were believing that fake account lol,  like Tomori would go to League 1

Twitter need to change their font to avoid such confusion, other "fake" names have also been created the same way
  • MattF said:

Twitter need to change their font to avoid such confusion, other "fake" names have also been created the same way
    Meanwhile some spotty teenager is tugging himself all over his bedroom thinking he's tricked the world
  • Swisdom said:
    MattF said:

Meanwhile some spotty teenager is tugging himself all over his bedroom thinking he's tricked the world
    Gotta do something to keep yourself occupied in Lockdown
  • MattF said:

kiLLerandfLash messaged me earlier to tell me his second team is Millwall.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    All this use of Pratley at RCB and Oshilaja not being used coupled with talk of a new CB being priority, what's Charlie Barker done wrong? He started this season well and has disappeared!

I think we've all been omitting him from our squads! Bowyer included... But surely he should be in/around it!
    Can't understand why he isn't even mentioned in Bows list of "4" CBs we have. He did a good job early in the season, surely he could've been used a couple times when we had 15 mins left to defend a lead and Pratley had played the last 7 successive games at CB?
  • Having looked at Lee's interview it sounds like he wants a Pratley type midfielder rather than a Centre Back in the window  .

Because of the salary cap I think much depends on Doughty and where he goes . I suggested Lindsay as an option  for a Stoke deal because we could potentially have forfeited part of the fee in exchange for Stoke paying his wages . Maybe even insert a clause that he could sign full time if we are promoted .

Fulham were interested previously . They have lots of fringe players who could do a job for us . Kevin McDonald springs to mind as someone who fits Bow's requirements and is out of contract in the summer . Given his previous service to the Cottagers could we do a deal which could involve Doughty V his contract being paid up  ?  
  • I think we either go over the cap & take the penalty or do something creative with Doughty's transfer as is mentioned above. Take less of a fee & take a player from the buying club on loan. Problem is that club might not have the type of player we want. No point taking another David Davis or Levitt just because.
  • We over loan players already.