Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2021 Transfer Targets (last minute swoop for Jaiyesimi p184 - NOW it's all over.)

Comments

• Actually signing Lindsey on loan becomes rather pointless as we'd get to the point where one loan player cant be in the squad

We're alright at the moment (despite having six loans now) because Shinnie and Famewo are injured

Reckon before the Transfer Window closes; Levitt will be sent back to Man Utd, only there isnt the rush at the moment

Dont see why we'd then go back to six loans instead of sticking to five, like I keep repeating each year... It doesnt seem Bowyer / Gallen's style
    Would Luton or Qpr allow Shinnie or Smyth to sign for us until the end of the season? 

That would free up a loan space or two. 
  • Richard J said:
    Actually signing Lindsey on loan becomes rather pointless as we'd get to the point where one loan player cant be in the squad

We're alright at the moment (despite having six loans now) because Shinnie and Famewo are injured

Reckon before the Transfer Window closes; Levitt will be sent back to Man Utd, only there isnt the rush at the moment

Dont see why we'd then go back to six loans instead of sticking to five, like I keep repeating each year... It doesnt seem Bowyer / Gallen's style
    Would Luton or Qpr allow Shinnie or Smyth to sign for us until the end of the season? 

That would free up a loan space or two. 
    Well Shinnie is already out of contract in the summer... He's one Id already consider seeing if we can get for a pittance now (Luton at least get something) with him signing on a perm for us under the Salary Cap

I guess it depends if Shinnie wants to be on such a small wage himself given that Luton are paying some of his wages now, or whether he'll have a chat with clubs North of the border and see if he can get a better deal than us back home...

After all nothing to stop him talking to clubs up there now
  • 650k for an injured player who will be gone for about 50p in the summer is a no brainer. Nice sell on and Lyndsay sent to us as part of the deal and it's good business imo
    If we keep him until the Summer and he goes to an English club then we'll hopefully get a development fee more than £650k as remember Gallen saying that we'd have got about £2m had Aribo done that

The problem is he could go to Celtic and we'd probably get half of what we're being offered at the moment
  • Sponsored links:

• Is his salary counted towards the cap? Would be good to get someone in who can actually play before the end of the season if it is. Have a feeling he’s too young though. 
  • Is his salary counted towards the cap? Would be good to get someone in who can actually play before the end of the season if it is. Have a feeling he’s too young though. 
    Nope... 
  • Floebot said:
    Rich should ask TS
    He already has? 
  • edited January 2021
    Should have sold him in the summer to Celtic. 

He's done nothing for us this season other than cost us wages and lower his value (due to his injury of course). 
  • edited January 2021
    Should have sold him in the summer to Celtic. 

He's done nothing for us this season other than cost us wages and lower his value (due to his injury of course). 
    Guess we didnt know he'd get injured and thought he'd be making more of a contribution to our promotion push - If I remember rightly I dont even think Celtic were offering as much as £600k
  • Should have sold him in the summer to Celtic. 

We didn’t know that though. He could have the difference in promotion or not should he have stayed fit. 

Guess we didnt know he'd get injured and thought he'd be making more of a contribution to our promotion push - If I remember rightly I dont even think Celtic were offering as much as £600k
    I think they eventually went higher than that ~ 800k, but like you say he was worth a lot more than to us uninjured
  • Sorry probably been answered but how do players sales work within the cap? If we sold for £650k can we spend £400k on a fee and then the other £250 on a player wage or are fees received irrelevant? Thx.
  • Maccn05 said:
    Sorry probably been answered but how do players sales work within the cap? If we sold for £650k can we spend £400k on a fee and then the other £250 on a player wage or are fees received irrelevant? Thx.
    Nah unfortunately fees are irrelevant... We can spend the £650k on five players if we wanted but we cant go over the £2.5m salary cap for the entire team
  • Sponsored links:

Hindsight and all that.

We could've been out of sight if he'd stayed fit and all begging him to stay.
  • Maccn05 said:
    Sorry probably been answered but how do players sales work within the cap? If we sold for £650k can we spend £400k on a fee and then the other £250 on a player wage or are fees received irrelevant? Thx.
    Nah unfortunately fees are irrelevant... We can spend the £650k on five players if we wanted but we cant go over the £2.5m salary cap for the entire team
    Thanks for the quick response. So Alfie doesn't count as he's under 21. So IMO we should now offer up the money for Sorba Thomas and beat off the competition and like Alfie he wouldn't count to the cap... job done!
  • Laddick01 said:
    I agree. Would be sad to see him go but that makes sense to me.

If Bowyer and Gallen think there’s no chance on a contract then it’s a very good deal for us.
    I'd prefer to keep him even if it meant losing him in the summer for nothing as it gives us a much better chance of gaining promotion......or do you think the snail-pace midfield that replaced him since he got injured will get us promoted...??
  • Laddick01 said:
    Laddick01 said:

If Bowyer and Gallen think there’s no chance on a contract then it’s a very good deal for us.
    I'd prefer to keep him even if it meant losing him in the summer for nothing as it gives us a much better chance of gaining promotion......or do you think the snail-pace midfield that replaced him since he got injured will get us promoted...??
    Can’t play while he’s injured. As slow as our midfield is it’s better having players that can actually run than ones one the medical table.
    True.....but if he's back by March that's still gives him around 14/15 games to play for us until the end if the season......the last 8 are all pretty much against other teams in in & around the top 6.

Sadly I think he'll be off after reading the update from Cawley but think it's a mistake as we have no-one else in the team that can get us up the pitch that quick. Or is it just me that has noticed how turgid our performances have been since he's been missing. 
  • Laddick01 said:
    Laddick01 said:

Can’t play while he’s injured. As slow as our midfield is it’s better having players that can actually run than ones one the medical table.
    True.....but if he's back by March that's still gives him around 14/15 games to play for us until the end if the season......the last 8 are all pretty much against other teams in in & around the top 6.

Sadly I think he'll be off after reading the update from Cawley but think it's a mistake as we have no-one else in the team that can get us up the pitch that quick. Or is it just me that has noticed how turgid our performances have been since he's been missing. 
    There's no guarantee that he'll even be that quick when he comes back. Fit to play is not the same as match fit, plus there is the question of motivation/desire if he fears a relapse scuppering a summer move.

Keeping him would be just as much a gamble as letting him go for me.
  • I read somewhere that Lindsay is on £15k a week therefore his wages ( if paid by Stoke)  for six months would be around £390 000. 

It would also in my view allow us to sell Deji as we wouldn't need a cover Centre Back anymore. That could be what we need to give something to Luton for Shinnie. 
  • edited January 2021
    If the club don't think Alfie will resign, take the money 100%. The boy has lots of potential, but still lots of questions hanging over him. His main weapon is just raw pace - a 4 month lay-off with a serious hamstring injury has significant potential to blunt that. Medical science improves all the time, but over the years there have been many pacey players who have never been quite the same after a serious hamstring injury. So far, although it's been getting slowly better, outside the raw pace his end product has been lacking. Perhaps to be expected with one so young but, either way, it's factual to say he hasn't supplied tons of goals or assists, he is however pretty sound defensively. Like I say, lots of potential but, for me, he's not been one who screams "destined for the top of the game" like some of our youth products have down the years. Doesn't mean he won't make it, and raw pace can take you a long way - if I was a buying club though, I'd want to see him after the injury and confirm he still has that raw pace before I were to buy him.