Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2021 Transfer Targets (last minute swoop for Jaiyesimi p184 - NOW it's all over.)

Comments

• Richard J said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Watson is not looking like a great signing at the moment, too slow and past his best, not been impressed with him so far, will he get up to speed / could we move him on?
    He signed for us so he could live in Beckenham. 
    We signed  him on last years form. Mutual decision 
    Yes we did, but if he wanted to live with his familey in say Winchester, he wouldn't have signed for us. 
    Personally I was happy when he signed .

Interestingly in his long interview with Ollie Groome Watson said he wanted the deal to happen last year . I guess he knew he wasn't good enough for Palace anymore and a Beckenham base would be perfect for us .

I had hoped that he would be a mainstay and Pratley would be used as cover for him in a two game a week schedule .I can't understand why they have been paired up so often .  
    Presume you mean Forest. Watson hasn’t played for Palace for 15 years. 
  • Richard J said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Watson is not looking like a great signing at the moment, too slow and past his best, not been impressed with him so far, will he get up to speed / could we move him on?
    Yes we did, but if he wanted to live with his familey in say Winchester, he wouldn't have signed for us. 

Interestingly in his long interview with Ollie Groome Watson said he wanted the deal to happen last year . I guess he knew he wasn't good enough for Palace anymore and a Beckenham base would be perfect for us .

I had hoped that he would be a mainstay and Pratley would be used as cover for him in a two game a week schedule .I can't understand why they have been paired up so often .  
    No I did mean Palace. Forest wanted to keep him and I understand other Championship clubs were interested in him 

My point is that if you are a professional footballer living in Beckenham and not good enough for the Premier League then we are an attractive option. I guess the Spanners might have been another option. 
  • Richard J said:
    Richard J said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

No I did mean Palace. Forest wanted to keep him and I understand other Championship clubs were interested in him 

My point is that if you are a professional footballer living in Beckenham and not good enough for the Premier League then we are an attractive option. I guess the Spanners might have been another option. 
    Sorry, read your post again and makes sense now. 
  • 995632 said:
    Very odd to see how many people are hoping, even expecting, that players who have only been at Charlton for a few months are going to be sold or have contracts paid up so they can move on.

I know it's one way of getting players in with the salary cap but these were players chosen by Bowyer and Gallen and I really don't think they'll do this. It's not something that happens very often anyway.

I think Bowyer sees a role for all those players mentioned and we're more likely t
    With Millar coming in, does that fill all our Loan spots currently? I thought we'd already used them all frankly

I think I read somewhere that you can have up to eight loans but no more than five in the matchday squad.
    People say pay up someone's contract but don't seem to realise that that payment would go towards our already limited cap space. 
    The same people  voted for Boris's crazy idea though. 
    Talk about shoehorning in a fucking reference!
  • Oggy Red said:
    Oggy Red said:
    That depends. He's got a 1 year contract with further 1 year option, which will be triggered if he plays a specific number of games.

Safe to say he'll be with us next season then
    No doubt that was the plan.

He's played a lot of games already.

Leuth will be happy.
  • Maybe the club are waiting to see if Boris halts the football (and for how long) before agreeing to take on and start new player contracts.
  • No football til mid feb- has to be PPG or called off. No wonder no signings.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2021
    So players earning £100k a week can go to work, cuddle on the pitch and have a good Christmas party but I can’t work again until March 😬

edit....this isn’t the corona thread
  • Vfrf said:
    No football til mid feb- has to be PPG or called off. No wonder no signings.

• J BLOCK said:
    Vfrf said:
    No football til mid feb- has to be PPG or called off. No wonder no signings.
    Why lie. Football is still on. No need to worry, you can still watch us lose each week.
    Idiot, BBC said no outdoor sports and left it at that. Only confirmed after 
  • In fairness, I have seen a clip of I think a BBC news presenter saying something along the lines of elite sport stopping, guess that’s the confusion. 
  • edited January 2021
    Sorba Thomas will surely play against Millwall and be in the shop window.

If he plays really well against a championship club then the owner will receive what he wanted(maybe not Cafc) if Thomas make no impression he may well come back to Cafc and say we will accept your original offer. 
    And we buy a pup ?

Last I checked we were in League 1, so Sorba Thomas only has to look useful, rather than a world beater if he plays against Millwall.

This could be a non starter if Liam Millar comes in on a loan.

• Not sounding overly hopeful for Sorba Thomas, assume this means there's Championship interest 

• For the lack of announcements today I’m surprised at the lack of meltdown. Was expecting barrages of posts “where are they then????”
  • For the lack of announcements today I’m surprised at the lack of meltdown. Was expecting barrages of posts “where are they then????”
    we've signed 2 players
  • Sponsored links:

I’ve been to busy on football manager getting Charlton promoted as champions out of league one, Johnnie Jackson has just left to take up a managers job, Steve Gallens brother (Joe) has just joined as assistant manager, is there no end to that family’s talents!
  • DOUCHER said:
    For the lack of announcements today I’m surprised at the lack of meltdown. Was expecting barrages of posts “where are they then????”
    we've signed 2 players
    Bloody hell I completely missed the Schwartz announcement!!!
  • DOUCHER said:
    For the lack of announcements today I’m surprised at the lack of meltdown. Was expecting barrages of posts “where are they then????”
    we've signed 2 players
    Schwartz and...?
  • sammy391 said:
    DOUCHER said:
    we've signed 2 players
    Schwartz and...?
    Millar, although it’s not actually been announced yet. 
  • DOUCHER said:
    we've signed 2 players
    Bloody hell I completely missed the Schwartz announcement!!!
    That's because some Mod made it a sticky.  At first, I did too!

• sammy391 said:
    DOUCHER said:
    we've signed 2 players
    Schwartz and...?
    Millar, although it’s not actually been announced yet. 
    His wikipedia page says Charlton Athletic 
  • Schwartz, Millar and who's the CB,
    If Oshilaja isn't rated and Barker is too young because Gunter and Pratley just can't play at CB on a regular basis ?
    If Oshilaja isn't rated and Barker is too young because Gunter and Pratley just can't play at CB on a regular basis ?
    Liam Lindsay I think is a name that had been mentioned but that could be a bit of an echo chamber where a nonsense rumour gets disproportionate mileage.
    We will have to move others on first to make room.
  • sammy391 said:
    DOUCHER said:
    we've signed 2 players
    Schwartz and...?
    Liam Millar