Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2021 Transfer Targets (last minute swoop for Jaiyesimi p184 - NOW it's all over.)

Comments

• Attacking mid on loan from a Prem team. Jack Clarke or Anjorin have made the most sense to me out of all the names thrown around. Even then I feel like both of them could secure Championship loans so either would be a coup.
    Weren’t we linked with that Miguel Azeez at Arsenal? He’s played 8 minutes for them this season. 
  • Attacking mid on loan from a Prem team. Jack Clarke or Anjorin have made the most sense to me out of all the names thrown around. Even then I feel like both of them could secure Championship loans so either would be a coup.
    Weren’t we linked with that Miguel Azeez at Arsenal? He’s played 8 minutes for them this season. 
    I think that was only via a random Arsenal fan on Twitter.
  • Scoham said:
    Attacking mid on loan from a Prem team. Jack Clarke or Anjorin have made the most sense to me out of all the names thrown around. Even then I feel like both of them could secure Championship loans so either would be a coup.
    Bowyer said they’ve been playing, you wouldn’t think he’d be talking about u23 games.
    Can’t see a prem youngster coming to league 1 if he  has been playing in the prem regularly. 

It’s either an u23 player or
    someome who is out on loan already and playing. 

I think it’ll probably be someone recalled from their loan in League 1 or 2.
  • Liam Millar from Pool. Has already been mentioned. Cawley reports 
  • Dizzle said:
    Liam Millar from Pool. Has already been mentioned. Cawley reports 
    Doesnt sound like he's set to sign though
  • Dizzle said:
    Liam Millar from Pool. Has already been mentioned. Cawley reports 
    Doesnt sound like he's set to sign though

I would say that's its done. Based on the pass if RC mentions it its done and dusted so Bowyer feels its so safe to publish. 

Normally RC publish then OS confirms later in the day. Finger crossed that's the case. 
    I said that to a mate earlier, if it's RC printed, it's either a done deal, or it's fallen through and now safe to report that we were interested. I'd say the former at this stage of the window - time to YouTube stalk the lad!
  • edited January 2021
    Only thing I find interesting is Bowyer's reference that we were signing one lad ready to go and one who wasnt. 

I always took Schwartz to be the latter yet cant see where Liam Miller has played any development games this season 

Edit: J Block has rightly pointed out that Miller has definitely played Development Games this season as per the article
  • Hopefully Joe Gomez can throw a few words to this lad
  • Sponsored links:

• J BLOCK said:
    Only thing I find interesting is Bowyer's reference that we were signing one lad ready to go and one who wasnt. 

I always took Schwartz to be the latter yet cant see where Liam Miller has played any development games this season 
    Must have missed the bit that says "He was shortlisted for the Premier League 2 Player of the Month award for November"
    Cheers I had done actually 
  • The standout aspect from the line ups of both sides yesterday was the average age of the respective sides - Hull's was 24 and ours nearer 29. They had 7 players 24 or younger whereas we had 2 including an 18 year old loanee. They didn't have a single player over 30 but we had 5  in that category. The average age of Lincoln's starting XI was 24 too with 7 of their side that age or under.

They are clearly building for the future and playing younger, fitter and faster players. We have signed and are playing a lot of bodies that are journeymen whose best years are behind them. 

When we went up last time we had the likes of Fosu-Henry, Aribo, Bielik, Cullen, Grant, Dijksteel, Lapslie and even a few cameos from Morgan who were all 23 or under but who went on to make 216 appearances between them. And all six of the ones that have left us are now playing at a higher level - Lapslie is on his way too and yet LB thought he was good enough to make 27 appearances as a 21 year old but who isn't now.

Where are their equivalents this season? Yes we are missing Doughty but who is to say that he isn't going to go the same way as so many before him? Morgan is a reluctant starter for LB too. We also have a couple of young CBs out injured but, again, take a look at the positions that most of the players above played in - the engine room or up top.

For both the short and long term LB has to begin to balance the side. And the absence of Watson and Pratley gives him the chance to start to do that. I hope that he doesn't waste it by not playing the likes of Morgan or by signing yet another player or two with question marks about whether they retain any pace or ability. Or, for that matter, desire.
    That pretty much sums up our malaise for me.
  • The standout aspect from the line ups of both sides yesterday was the average age of the respective sides - Hull's was 24 and ours nearer 29. They had 7 players 24 or younger whereas we had 2 including an 18 year old loanee. They didn't have a single player over 30 but we had 5  in that category. The average age of Lincoln's starting XI was 24 too with 7 of their side that age or under.

They are clearly building for the future and playing younger, fitter and faster players. We have signed and are playing a lot of bodies that are journeymen whose best years are behind them. 

When we went up last time we had the likes of Fosu-Henry, Aribo, Bielik, Cullen, Grant, Dijksteel, Lapslie and even a few cameos from Morgan who were all 23 or under but who went on to make 216 appearances between them. And all six of the ones that have left us are now playing at a higher level - Lapslie is on his way too and yet LB thought he was good enough to make 27 appearances as a 21 year old but who isn't now.

Where are their equivalents this season? Yes we are missing Doughty but who is to say that he isn't going to go the same way as so many before him? Morgan is a reluctant starter for LB too. We also have a couple of young CBs out injured but, again, take a look at the positions that most of the players above played in - the engine room or up top.

For both the short and long term LB has to begin to balance the side. And the absence of Watson and Pratley gives him the chance to start to do that. I hope that he doesn't waste it by not playing the likes of Morgan or by signing yet another player or two with question marks about whether they retain any pace or ability. Or, for that matter, desire.
    Fantastic post 
  • Sorba Thomas will surely play against Millwall and be in the shop window.

If he plays really well against a championship club then the owner will receive what he wanted(maybe not Cafc) if Thomas make no impression he may well come back to Cafc and say we will accept your original offer. 
  • Everyone we have in first team squad with flair must stay but start often If we cant stop leaking goals we will lose more matches than win! It's in defence that wins come from.
  • edited January 2021
    Hopefully Joe Gomez can throw a few words to this lad
    "Now that Belgian twat is gone..its okay there now. However looking at Bowyers line ups recently, you might be heading in goal!"
    Spot on 😂
  • Sponsored links:

• Hi addick1956 said:
    Sorba Thomas will surely play against Millwall and be in the shop window.

If he plays really well against a championship club then the owner will receive what he wanted(maybe not Cafc) if Thomas make no impression he may well come back to Cafc and say we will accept your original offer. 
    And we buy a pup ?
    You never know he might be the Dogs B*ll*cks 😁
  • "He plays for his team and we have to respect that, but I think I can respectfully say that I like him as a player – I like a lot of players! He is a young lad who has got some talent.”

Is this the start of the return of Old Bowyer. He's used the word respect twice and like once.
  • So, 11am on the 4th of January. Still no news of the 2 "done deals". Booooo......
  • We don’t think he is ready for the Championship so not worth having on a long contract.
  • Where are the signings????? Pull your finger out LB
  • So, 11am on the 4th of January. Still no news of the 2 "done deals". Booooo......

Peak Golfie.