Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2021 Transfer Targets (last minute swoop for Jaiyesimi p184 - NOW it's all over.)

Comments

• edited January 2021
    Addickted said:
    Seeing as Sorba Thomas didn't play for Boreham Wood yesterday, I would have thought he would be the 'attacking midfielder'.
    Apparently had a slight knock and rested for their cup game against Millwall. Not joining just yet I don’t think. 
  • RedRobin said:
    Addickted said:
    Seeing as Sorba Thomas didn't play for Boreham Wood yesterday, I would have thought he would be the 'attacking midfielder'.
    Apparently had a slight knock and rested for their mid-week cup game against Millwall. Not joining just yet I don’t think. 
    They play Millwall on Saturday.
  • Dansk_Red said:
    RedRobin said:
    Addickted said:
    Apparently had a slight knock and rested for their mid-week cup game against Millwall. Not joining just yet I don’t think. 
    They play Millwall on Saturday.
    Oh do they, no idea thought it was mid-week...my bad. Regardless he is injured. 
  • Sage said:
    I don’t work for the club.

I have not posted much recently as I’ve been really busy with CACT doing covid testing.

Thanks for all the mentions, you’re nice people.

We must remain supportive of Bowyer, don’t let the lows get too low. His decisions have been strange but hopefully we get clear answers soon. It’s poor right now, has been for 6 weeks, but he’s our manager, and the right manager for the job too.

We desperately miss Inniss, Famewo, Doughty, and Shinnie. Late February can’t come soon enough.

We’ll be happy with the business this month. You don’t need to worry about that. Two new players in the squad for Friday, Schwartz should make the bench.

I can’t say much more, but I think even Golfie might be a little pleased, even if it’s after he’s seen them play.
    Hi Sage

Other than Ronnie, is the other signing someone playing in either league 1 or Championship, or an unknown youngster from a Premier team please.
  • RedJohn said:
    Sage said:

I have not posted much recently as I’ve been really busy with CACT doing covid testing.

We must remain supportive of Bowyer, don’t let the lows get too low. His decisions have been strange but hopefully we get clear answers soon. It’s poor right now, has been for 6 weeks, but he’s our manager, and the right manager for the job too.

We desperately miss Inniss, Famewo, Doughty, and Shinnie. Late February can’t come soon enough.

We’ll be happy with the business this month. You don’t need to worry about that. Two new players in the squad for Friday, Schwartz should make the bench.

I can’t say much more, but I think even Golfie might be a little pleased, even if it’s after he’s seen them play.
    Hi Sage

Other than Ronnie, is the other signing someone playing in either league 1 or Championship, or an unknown youngster from a Premier team please.

Tyreece John Jules has been mentioned in a couple of places .

Would the Gunners terminated his loan at Donny to allow it ?
  • Ronnie is almost certainly the one who hasn’t been playing, though maybe Bowyer is counting him training with us as being up to speed. The confusing thing is it seems most likely that the attacking mid is a loan, but unless we’re counting youth games you couldn’t say he’s up to speed. 
  • Isn't John-Jules another winger/Forward , not really an attacking midfielder? 

I'm a bit puzzled by the attacking midfielder that's played regular unless it's not someone on loan. 
  • chev said:
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nya_Kirby is being linked from palace
    Linked where?
  • Sponsored links:

• chev said:
    5'8'' fails the CL height test.

But fully qualified to fit Bowyer's strict short-arse requirements.

• RedJohn said:
    Sage said:

Hi Sage

Premier League loan 
    So the other one, who we were told has been playing regularly and so oven ready, has been playing U23 football? Let’s hope he’s not another Levitt.
  • RedJohn said:
    Sage said:

Hi Sage

Premier League loan 
    So the other one, who we were told has been playing regularly and so oven ready, has been playing U23 football? Let’s hope he’s not another Levitt.
    Or he's been recalled to be sent on loan to us.
  • Ellis Simms - Seeing that Sage recommended him to Gallen?
  • Scoham said:
    RedJohn said:
    Sage said:

Hi Sage

Premier League loan 
    So the Arsenal kid at Donny Rovers then?
  • edited January 2021
    Scoham said:
    RedJohn said:
    Sage said:

Hi Sage

Premier League loan 
    So the Arsenal kid at Donny Rovers then?
    Would be a little surprised given Darren Moore was only saying this a week ago

https://www.doncasterfreepress.co.uk/sport/football/doncaster-rovers-boss-okenabirhie-and-john-jules-potentially-playing-together-more-3078039

Myles Peart-Harris, a midfielder with six goals from Chelsea U23 is the other one it could be
  • Still think Anjorin could be on the cards hopefully.
  • Sponsored links:

• chev said:
    Bloody hope not, not one to rule anyone out before they’ve put on a shirt but Bowyer is taking the piss saying the second player has been playing regularly....in Palace’s under-21’s!!!! 
  • Sage said:
    They’re an attacking midfielder, the other player.
    So we'll be playing him in defence then.
  • edited January 2021
    Attacking mid on loan from a Prem team. Jack Clarke or Anjorin have made the most sense to me out of all the names thrown around. Even then I feel like both of them could secure Championship loans so either would be a coup.
  • RedRobin said:
    chev said:
    Bloody hope not, not one to rule anyone out before they’ve put on a shirt but Bowyer is taking the piss saying the second player has been playing regularly....in Palace’s under-21’s!!!! 
    I reckon its him. Certainly won't be the kid from Arsenal who's on loan at Doncaster.
  • Today’s the day!!!

Transfer window floodgates now open, new players pouring through the training ground #excited!
  • Attacking mid on loan from a Prem team. Jack Clarke or Anjorin have made the most sense to me out of all the names thrown around. Even then I feel like both of them could secure Championship loans so either would be a coup.
    Bowyer said they’ve been playing, you wouldn’t think he’d be talking about u23 games.
  • edited January 2021
    I thought LB was just talking about fitness levels when he said they'd been playing regularly. Can't imagine we're going to get a loanee to league one who's been playing regularly in the premier league
  • Scoham said:
    Attacking mid on loan from a Prem team. Jack Clarke or Anjorin have made the most sense to me out of all the names thrown around. Even then I feel like both of them could secure Championship loans so either would be a coup.
    Bowyer said they’ve been playing, you wouldn’t think he’d be talking about u23 games.
    Can’t see a prem youngster coming to league 1 if he  has been playing in the prem regularly. 

It’s either an u23 player or
    someome who is out on loan already and playing. 

• Any of these promising youngsters been playing in non league/league 2 that can make a step up