Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2021 Transfer Targets (last minute swoop for Jaiyesimi p184 - NOW it's all over.)

Comments

• Scoham said:
    MattF said:
    Sorba Thomas not playing for Borehamwood today

Two of our ex academy players in that squad, Kieran Murtagh and Ryan Huddart.
    Wasn’t Huddart a promising young keeper that Arsenal nicked off us for pennies?
    Yes he was.
  • Addickted said:
    Gilbey's fee was another 'undisclosed'. Washington wasn't on Little Tommy's list.
    Yes so was more than zero, admittedly I doubt it would have been a large sum. 
    Pretty sure we were told by Gallen it was next to nothing as MK Dons wanted him off the books
  • MattF said:
    Addickted said:
    Gilbey's fee was another 'undisclosed'. Washington wasn't on Little Tommy's list.
    Pretty sure we were told by Gallen it was next to nothing as MK Dons wanted him off the books
    Yes, we've had our pants pulled down.
  • MattF said:
    Addickted said:
    They wanted to clear the wages to bring Scott Fraser in...
  • edited January 2021
    MattF said:
    Addickted said:
    Reminds me of Neil Redfearn. Hoped for good things from him but he's turned out to be hugely disappointing so far. Looks slow and off the pace.
  • MattF said:
    Addickted said:
    They wanted to clear the wages to bring Scott Fraser in...
    Safe to say who got the better deal...
  • Gilbey for me is top of the list to get the chop right now, alongside Pearce and Williams. 

Will probably get a few lols for this but oh well. Players like Pearce are ten a penny in this league, and he's not even good at the horrible anti football shit he so enjoys trying to do. Williams is a fall over merchant that doesn't influence games enough to justify a squad spot and the wages he's on.

BuT wHaT aBoUt ThE pLaYoFf FiNaL? AnD hE sCoReS gOaLs NoW tOo!

Those games that he influences are few and far between, and when he's not "having a game" he is completely anonymous, save for falling over a few times.

Gilbey though, my oh my he's so much of a turkey I'm surprised Charlton didn't try to return him to Asda on Boxing Day, get rid ASAP please, the guys just huffs and puffs about, pointing at players he's failed to mark or where he wanted to pass the ball before punting it aimlessly forwards.
  • sam3110 said:
    Gilbey for me is top of the list to get the chop right now, alongside Pearce and Williams. 

Will probably get a few lols for this but oh well. Players like Pearce are ten a penny in this league, and he's not even good at the horrible anti football shit he so enjoys trying to do. Williams is a fall over merchant that doesn't influence games enough to justify a squad spot and the wages he's on.

Those games that he influences are few and far between, and when he's not "having a game" he is completely anonymous, save for falling over a few times.

Gilbey though, my oh my he's so much of a turkey I'm surprised Charlton didn't try to return him to Asda on Boxing Day, get rid ASAP please, the guys just huffs and puffs about, pointing at players he's failed to mark or where he wanted to pass the ball before punting it aimlessly forwards.
    I have a lot of sympathy for this view, but we need Pearce this season.
  • Sponsored links:

• RedChaser said:
    Don’t tell me we’ve been gazumped 😁.
    They just put the phone down on us when we made the offer and said... "Your Move"
  • I've seen Jack Tucker linked with us as a centre half we are looking at.

Plays for the Gills, lives locally in Whitstable and may be outside of the salary cap as he is 21.

He's been a regular starter as their number 5 both this season and last season but was interestingly on the bench for their game against Plymouth today.
    An actual rumour!

more here on Tucker
    https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.67hailhail.com/news/gillingham-boss-steve-evans-says-celtic-linked-jack-tucker-will-go-for-millions/amp/
  • sam3110 said:
    I’ve noticed this, it’s led to at least one point-dropping goal in the recent games alone. Really frustrating.
  • Thought Championship clubs were sniffing around the Gills CB..
  • Crap performance.
    Manager maligned and doubted.
    Another scrappy crappy Saturday night.

AND...  CL can come up with house related tomfoolery and japery!
  • sam3110 said:
    Gilbey for me is top of the list to get the chop right now, alongside Pearce and Williams. 

I was willing to give Gilbey time based on his injury and that he’s a new signing, but I agree with you.  Looks like an absolute waste of space 

I would argue we need to be a bit more ruthless in clearing players out however unrealistic some of the following would be

JFC - very weak. Credit to his performance in the AFC Wimbledon game and ball that set up the move for Jonny Williams’ goal at Pompey, but he’s a nothing player.  Trying to ping the ball around like Beckham is a bit embarrassing and he’s got the sort of sideways football that is very much at home under Russell Slade

Gilbey - not for me.  Can’t work out what sort of a midfielder he’s trying to be and I don’t think we’ve got the luxury of time to find this out.  

However can’t see either of these going 

Bogle - it’s been a disaster for us and him.  Don’t think Bowyer rates him and doesn’t seem to be a good fit.  Josh Parker was more effective.  He only manages to get in the team because Aneke can’t last more than 30 minutes.  It’s not inconceivable he could go if Bowyer hasn’t taken to him and we can find better.  You never know.

Levitt - definitely not needed.  If he hasn’t been able to make an impact and get in ahead of some of the dross we’ve been serving up over the last 10 games, then I think that speaks volumes.  Not to say he might not go on and become a decent player, it’s just not going to work out for him here this season.

I think your point about Williams is up for discussion, and if you look back at career assists and goals, it doesn’t make good reading.  The only thing I would say is that we seem to be struggling to create much.  He’s one of the more creative players in a team that’s sorely lacking.  He’s shown he can make an impact occasionally.  If Bowyer could perhaps just give him a run of games, it might do him some good.

Pearce we need.  He’s hard work to watch sometimes, particularly when man handling opposing players and giving away fouls, but I think given our CB injury crisis, we need him and he always gives 100%.  Personally I think moving Pratley on isn’t the worse idea, but I know that really will be met with a lot of pushback so I won’t go into too much detail as to why and it’s never going to happen in a million years 
  • Correct in think that we’ve got two signings (Schwartz + one another) to come in at the start of the week. Big week ahead as TS or any of us won’t want to see us getting beaten on Sky against Accrington 
  • Sponsored links:

• So does anyone know who the other player is or even just the position they play?
  • Scoham said:
    So does anyone know who the other player is or even just the position they play?
    Only Sage ..... :smile:

• Perhaps the other signing is on the other side of the bottle...

• And Onion?

• RedChaser said:
    Don’t tell me we’ve been gazumped 😁.
    Apparently his manager likes money on the side in a brown envelope.

Unfortunately we were only able to offer a bung a low so were turned down.

And that sums up my Saturday!
  • Sage said:
    I don’t work for the club.

I have not posted much recently as I’ve been really busy with CACT doing covid testing.

Thanks for all the mentions, you’re nice people.

We must remain supportive of Bowyer, don’t let the lows get too low. His decisions have been strange but hopefully we get clear answers soon. It’s poor right now, has been for 6 weeks, but he’s our manager, and the right manager for the job too.

We desperately miss Inniss, Famewo, Doughty, and Shinnie. Late February can’t come soon enough.

We’ll be happy with the business this month. You don’t need to worry about that. Two new players in the squad for Friday, Schwartz should make the bench.

I can’t say much more, but I think even Golfie might be a little pleased, even if it’s after he’s seen them play.
    hope you're right sage - seems a few are ITK but obviously sworn to secrecy but we shall see - if he offloads some of those he has inexplicably not been playing then i may just start to regain some faith - if he doesn't i'll be amazed if whoever we bring in will lead to promotion coz right now i wouldn't trust bowyer to get a result with Liverpool's squad 
  • Sage said:
    They’re an attacking midfielder, the other player.
    He been mentioned before? Cheers