Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2021 Transfer Targets (last minute swoop for Jaiyesimi p184 - NOW it's all over.)

Comments

• MattF said:
    Sorba Thomas not playing for Borehamwood today

Two of our ex academy players in that squad, Kieran Murtagh and Ryan Huddart.
  • edited January 2021
    The way the defence has been I think its time to consider sending Famewo back, its an area that really cant wait now
    I’ve got a revolutionary idea. How about we play we play Right Backs at Right Back, Left Backs at Left Back and Centre Backs at CB. Then see if we improve. 
    Well seeing Oshilaja got kept back AGAIN what does that tell you? - But you keep sitting at home thinking you can do better
  • The way the defence has been I think its time to consider sending Famewo back, its an area that really cant wait now
    I’ve got a revolutionary idea. How about we play we play Right Backs at Right Back, Left Backs at Left Back and Centre Backs at CB. Then see if we improve. 
    Well seeing Oshilaja got kept back AGAIN what does that tell you? - But you keep sitting at home thinking you can do better
    I doubt I could do better, never claimed I could. But how the fuck that is a fair comparison I don't know because it's not my job. 

To answer your question about "why he got kept back AGAIN", I don't know. But if that's the case it raises two points, firstly why sign him (and we haven't improved him like Bows says we do either) and secondly why not get rid. If Gillingham want him then let them have him as Bows clearly doesn't want to play him. 
  • se9addick said:
    Eddie Howe!
    Same bloke who has been touted by some as England manager? Lol
  • The way the defence has been I think its time to consider sending Famewo back, its an area that really cant wait now
    Was saying that to my Dad. Shame as i think he’s the best defender we’ve had at Charlton for ten years, but zero point him returning when we are mid table.
  • Shame about the salary cap, I'd move on half a dozen of them otherwise
  • Sponsored links:

• sam3110 said:
    Shame about the salary cap, I'd move on half a dozen of them otherwise
    But Pearce and JFC are now the only two players in the squad who Bowyer hasn't signed or given debuts too. He has to take a large chunk of the blame because he's signing these players and then failing to get the best out of them. 
  • I've heard Omar Bogle is available,he would fit well into our team surely?
  • Redrobo said:
    sam3110 said:
    But Pearce and JFC are now the only two players in the squad who Bowyer hasn't signed or given debuts too. He has to take a large chunk of the blame because he's signing these players and then failing to get the best out of them. 
    ‘A large chunk of the blame’. Have you not heard what has been happening at our club over the last few years or is that all to be forgotten now? Ridiculous comment.
    How is it a ridiculous comment? Do you think Bowyer is getting the best out of the players at the moment? Why are you referring to "what has been happening at our club over the las few years". How is that relevant to what I said? 
    it tells me that I am losing faith with a manager who two years ago could motivate a team of kids and freebies to a playoff win! Now he is acting very clueless!!
  • Redrobo said:
    sam3110 said:
    ‘A large chunk of the blame’. Have you not heard what has been happening at our club over the last few years or is that all to be forgotten now? Ridiculous comment.
    How is it a ridiculous comment? Do you think Bowyer is getting the best out of the players at the moment? Why are you referring to "what has been happening at our club over the las few years". How is that relevant to what I said? 
    Do you think Bows would have signed those players if TS had been the owner in June 2019? Or June 2020? You start your comment that it was Bows signed them so presumably his fault that they aren’t that good. 
    As I have said several times, which of OUR players would you have start for us in the Championship? 
    Go back to our promotion winning side and do a quick comparison. This team is light years away from that. Getting in the top six will be a great result this season.
  • Redrobo said:
    Redrobo said:
    sam3110 said:
    Do you think Bows would have signed those players if TS had been the owner in June 2019? Or June 2020? You start your comment that it was Bows signed them so presumably his fault that they aren’t that good. 
    As I have said several times, which of OUR players would you have start for us in the Championship? 
    Go back to our promotion winning side and do a quick comparison. This team is light years away from that. Getting in the top six will be a great result this season.
    For the record I agree this is light years away from our team a couple of years ago, although it's a different league. 

I see you didn't answer my question - Do you think Bowyer is getting the best out of the players? I fully accept off the pitch issues have held us back, particularly when we got promoted. But the squad is still a lot better than shown recently and Bowyer signed 95% of the squad. It's his job to build the squad, he has some excuses definitely but still has to take some blame if those players don't work out (whether that's because they're not very good or he's not getting the best out of them, or a combination of the two). 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2021

Sorry thought I’d share this for those that are blocked by our boy Driesen. He has a point but he thinks we’ve forgotten the long list of dross he recruited. 
  • Those seven players cost us the grand sum of zero.
  • All under embargo except bogle. 
  • Addickted said:
    Those seven players cost us the grand sum of zero.
    Pretty sure we paid a fee for Gilbey
  • Addickted said:
    Those seven players cost us the grand sum of zero.
    Pretty sure we paid a fee for Gilbey
    We did, and Washington as well.
  • Gilbey's fee was another 'undisclosed'. Washington wasn't on Little Tommy's list.
  • Addickted said:
    Gilbey's fee was another 'undisclosed'. Washington wasn't on Little Tommy's list.
    Yes so was more than zero, admittedly I doubt it would have been a large sum. 
  • Scoham said:
    MattF said:

Wasn’t Huddart a promising young keeper that Arsenal nicked off us for pennies?
  • Scoham said:
    MattF said:

Wasn’t Huddart a promising young keeper that Arsenal nicked off us for pennies?
    Yeah thats him