Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2021 Transfer Targets (last minute swoop for Jaiyesimi p184 - NOW it's all over.)

Comments

• No idea how old that article is, but would be good to sign some players that can improve and increase in value, as well as players for ‘the now’
  • edited January 2021
    He probably hasn't got a chance at sustained game time at any of those 3 clubs. Nevertheless how anyone can come to the conclusion when Portsmouth have Marquis, Harness, Curtis, Williams and others as attacking options he would have more chance of game time there than when faced with the "in form" Omar Bogle...
  • House wouldn't affect the wage bill if he's 21. I expect this fact makes alot of players that are 21 and below attractive to league 1 clubs this season.
  • Oggy Red said:
    Did Oztumer play a league game for us? 

I remember him scoring a free kick in a cup game but he may still be able to play for another club if he never featured in the league?
    Didn't  he feature at Lincoln?

Oztumer started the home League game against Sunderland, 3rd October.

But Lincoln  was before that ! And he played then.
    Ah, right. Okay.

*thumbs up*

• House wouldn't affect the wage bill if he's 21. I expect this fact makes alot of players that are 21 and below attractive to league 1 clubs this season.
    The player was recently released from the Reading academy and development teams ......  that's decent enough pedigree, so he's no Sunday league player.

But he's been  lacking senior football. If the player has half a brain cell, he'll stay where he is this season without pressure or expectation, grow as a player, gain experience and score goals for fun.

Then in the summer he can listen to offers.

• Might be Ged Roddy linked too?
  • Anyone do the silly quiz linked to the House article. I got 24/25 because you can't get them all right. Try it yourselves & spot the (deliberate) mistake. 
  • mendonca said:
    A lot of love for Lindsay on here. Is that from performances or his transfer fee to Stoke?
    Must be his transfer fee as he was dreadful last year. Not even making a stoke squad that’s had 10 injured the past 2 weeks. Seems like baptise that’s now at Brentford and looks class made him look good at Barnsley. Lindsay is on about 15k a week apparently. 

• Sponsored links:

• Oh I do hope so. One for the future. Sign him up on a nice long contract please
  • Poor Alfie. He doesn't fancy going to Celtic. Or even Rangers. Nor even some Prem money bags side for fabulous wages.

He's a Spanner. All he ever wanted in life was to sign for his beloved Millwall. :smile:

• edited January 2021
    Sage said:
    Sorba Thomas, I would say likely to be one of the two on the list who could maybe join nearer the back end of January.
    Be curious to see who the other signing is with Schwartz then... Liam Lindsey maybe?

Actually scratch that as Bowyer said the other player has been playing regular Football and Lindsey hasnt this season
  • I’d really like Sorba Thomas, but Boreham Wood still want a lot of money for a non-league player who doesn’t really score. 

He’s young, quick and skilful - pretty much everything our team isn’t. Absolutely worth the gamble in my opinion. 
    Really don't think he'll be joining us. We have bigger fish to fry now.
  • I’d really like Sorba Thomas, but Boreham Wood still want a lot of money for a non-league player who doesn’t really score. 

He’s young, quick and skilful - pretty much everything our team isn’t. Absolutely worth the gamble in my opinion. 
    Really don't think he'll be joining us. We have bigger fish to fry now.
    Bigger fish in what way? We have a wage cap that stops us from doing any significant business. 

Unless it’s a Premier League loan, Sorba Thomas is about the best we can hope for this January. 
  • Sage said:
    Sorba Thomas, I would say likely to be one of the two on the list who could maybe join nearer the back end of January.
    He counts as u21 so the wage cap wouldn’t be a reason to delay signing him.

I think we’ve probably moved on from him due to Boreham Wood’s asking price.
  • Sponsored links:

• Scoham said:
    Sage said:

What are they asking?
  • What a weird way to put out a statement.

Chairman of Boreham Wood Football Club, Danny James Andrew Hunter, spoke to Boreham Wood Football Club Media Manager (grade 4A).....Nicole Anne Jane Cox. 

• Don't forget his contract is up at the end of the season. 
  • Rudders22 said:
    Don't forget his contract is up at the end of the season. 
    We can pretend we are Celtic. And offer Sorba a pre-contract.

Can he play Left Back? 

• Redrobo said:
    Scoham said:
    Sage said:

What are they asking?
    No idea but Gallen's comments in November made me think we might be looking elsewhere.

https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/charlton-athletic-transfer-chief-talks-about-recent-bid-for-boreham-wood-youngster/
  • Scoham said:
    Redrobo said:
    Scoham said:
    Sage said:

What are they asking?
    No idea but Gallen's comments in November made me think we might be looking elsewhere.

https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/charlton-athletic-transfer-chief-talks-about-recent-bid-for-boreham-wood-youngster/
    Probably just flea market tactics 
  • Oggy Red said:
    Bogle is a striker that doesn’t create chances or score goals, he’s pretty good at holding the ball up but that’s not what we need. 

Hopefully he goes and we can use his wages on a loan. 
    Apart from his 2 goals, he does create chances ....... Bogle's got 3 assists.

That only credits him with those chances he created that his team mates scored from, rather than the ones they missed!

Some people on here just assume someone is crap. I doubt they watch many of the game. Bogle has had some decent contributions and those stats suggest he’s doing his bit 
  • cafc_se7 said:
     People seem to forget that Karlan missed chance after chance after chance at this level 2 seasons ago! The miss at anfield the other night reminded me of the Shrewsbury away game where he missed about 10 of a similar sort!
    Are you comparing Karlan Grant to Omar Bogle? 
    He’s probably remembering all the fans that bullied Karlan when he first started for us. That’s why karlan hates us. Fans are fickle