Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2021 Transfer Targets (last minute swoop for Jaiyesimi p184 - NOW it's all over.)

Comments

• stonemuse said:
    Scoham said:
    Gallen on adding pace to the squad, aiming for 1 or 2 signings early on and another 1 or 2 later in the window.
    ATHLETIC players sounds good 
    It just means it will take two weeks to get them injured and not one! 
  • Could be wrong but sounds like Gallen is working his chess pieces again - and that probably means Alfie to Celtic to make some room.
    So be it. Total faith in Steve and Thomas.
  • Not sure how Alfie makes any room as he doesn't count towards the cap if I read it correctly. Might be worth getting something for him rather than nothing as others have said though.
  • Looks like up to 4 players coming in and inevitably some going out to free up wages. My shout for a great window is...

Ins

ST: Schwartz (perm)
    Winger: Sorba Thomas (perm)
    ST: Gnanduillet (perm)
    CB: Liam Lindsay would be a coup (loan)

Outs

Levitt - Return to Man Utd 
    Deji - Gills (perm)
    Bogle - Grimsby (perm)
    Lapslie - Mansfield (perm)
    Oztumer - League one club but maybe not Bristol R (perm)
  • Gillingham want Oshilaja but isnt going anywhere...

Good cover for who ? Cover CB for in case Darren Pratley gets injured ?
    Says he can cover a number of positions, if so then why hadn't he played an centre half instead of Gunter or left back instead of Matthews. If I was him I'd be banging down Bowyer's door asking wtf  ?
  • Valley11 said:
    Could be wrong but sounds like Gallen is working his chess pieces again - and that probably means Alfie to Celtic to make some room.
    So be it. Total faith in Steve and Thomas.
    l'd rather keep Alfie for the rest of the season & let him go for nothing if it means his pace wins us games. No point letting him go & getting in another substandard midfielder. You aren't going to pick up a player with his pace for under £2k per week. 
  • I think we should keep Deji if we can and try to bring in an addition centre back.
  • A lot of love for Lindsay on here. Is that from performances or his transfer fee to Stoke?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited December 2020
    Well, he moved up North just in time for Lockdown and a lonelier life. I wonder if that has slightly balanced the "life changing" monetary decision, whereby no other factor was meant to intervene upon the £££!

Now he's not feeling much love, he's reverted to his Charlton kit!  Strange no pics of the Montserrat pitch!
  • mendonca said:
    Well, he moved up North just in time for Lockdown and a lonelier life. I wonder if that has slightly balanced the "life changing" monetary decision, whereby no other factor was meant to intervene upon the £££!

Now he's not feeling much love, he's reverted to his Charlton kit! 
    To be fair, he's posted a selection of 10 photos with that Instagram post, only 4 of which feature him in Charlton kit, albeit there's only 3 of him in Forest kit!
  • Looks like up to 4 players coming in and inevitably some going out to free up wages. My shout for a great window is...

Ins

ST: Schwartz (perm)
    Winger: Sorba Thomas (perm)
    ST: Gnanduillet (perm)
    CB: Liam Lindsay would be a coup (loan)

Outs

Levitt - Return to Man Utd 
    Deji - Gills (perm)
    Bogle - Grimsby (perm)
    Lapslie - Mansfield (perm)
    Oztumer - League one club but maybe not Bristol R (perm)
    Can only play for two clubs in a season, so either us or Rovers
  • Did Oztumer play a league game for us? 

I remember him scoring a free kick in a cup game but he may still be able to play for another club if he never featured in the league?

I remember him scoring a free kick in a cup game but he may still be able to play for another club if he never featured in the league?
    Cup games count I think or have the rules changed? 

At least one game against Sunderland on October 3rd
  • I think FIFA are allowing players to play for 3 different clubs in the 2020/21 season. Remember seeing something at the start of the season about it. 
  • edited December 2020
    Ben18 said:
    I think FIFA are allowing players to play for 3 different clubs in the 2020/21 season. Remember seeing something at the start of the season about it. 
    Paul Tisdale is claiming that you can only play for two. 

Paul Tisdale responds to Lee Bowyer's comments on Erhun Oztumer's future at Bristol Rovers - Bristol Live (bristolpost.co.uk)
  • Sponsored links:

• In accordance with FIFA Regulations a Player may be registered with a maximum of three clubs during one season. During this period, the player is only eligible to play in official matches for two clubs.
  • https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-health-coronavirus-soccer-fifa/players-allowed-to-play-for-three-clubs-in-a-season-says-fifa-idUKKBN23I2L6

June 2020

Players will be allowed to play for up to three clubs, instead of two, during the course of a season in a temporary rule change to alleviate the effects of the novel coronavirus pandemic on the sport, FIFA said on Thursday.
    That will make the Lapslie / Oztumer situations interesting. 
  • Oggy Red said:
    Shouldn't we be asking why his club continue to refuse to play Ronnie. What has he done? 
    He's 31. His club now has a policy of rebuilding with younger players.

I listened to an interview with Lincoln boss. Their club was at a crossroads last season. Average age in the squad was 31. They've cut out all the dead wood and now have an average of '22'. Despite this youthfull team they have gone with hungry youngsters on loan from the Prem clubs to give them the quality, pace and fitness, that sits them top of the league. This wasn't an accident, it was the strategy. Maybe Bowyer, Gallen and Thomas, should take note.
    Only a couple of regulars are in on loan from the prem and one is the keeper but yeah defo younger squad.
  • edited December 2020
    Lincoln transfers out: 32, 32, 35, 21, 37, 29, 37, 34, 27, 27, 25, 26, 28, 19, 19, 31

Lincoln transfers in: 24, 22, 23, 25, 31, 26, 28, 22, 23

Didn't  he feature at Lincoln?

Oztumer started the home League game against Sunderland, 3rd October.

• cafc_se7 said:
     People seem to forget that Karlan missed chance after chance after chance at this level 2 seasons ago! The miss at anfield the other night reminded me of the Shrewsbury away game where he missed about 10 of a similar sort!
    Are you comparing Karlan Grant to Omar Bogle? 
    No I am comparing all of our strikers to Karlan. Particularly Washington who is on 6/7 goals at this stage in the season and wasn’t signed to be our top goal scorer!