Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2021 Transfer Targets (last minute swoop for Jaiyesimi p184 - NOW it's all over.)

Comments

• 22 mins into the window and no signings, not even a mention of a super duper deal phone.
  • Doubt all interest in Sorba has disappeared but if the asking price is currently too high, it’d make sense if we were to play a bit of brinkmanship and see if the price comes down as the window gets closer to closing. Either way, it doesn’t sound like we rate him so highly that he’s be signed at all cost - only if the deal is right. 
  • Doubt all interest in Sorba has disappeared but if the asking price is currently too high, it’d make sense if we were to play a bit of brinkmanship and see if the price comes down as the window gets closer to closing. Either way, it doesn’t sound like we rate him so highly that he’s be signed at all cost - only if the deal is right. 
    As it should be. The wage cap means you have very little margin for error, you get sold a pup and you're stuck with it and not able to just buy another, better option.

You need to be very sure that you sign players you need right now first and foremost but Gallen has done a great job so far so I am fairly confident that he (and Bowyer) will leave us a stronger squad by the end of the window than the one that started. I do expect a few sales though to make that happen.
  • cafc_se7 said:
    esseffect said:
    cafc_se7 said:
     People seem to forget that Karlan missed chance after chance after chance at this level 2 seasons ago! The miss at anfield the other night reminded me of the Shrewsbury away game where he missed about 10 of a similar sort!
    Are you comparing Karlan Grant to Omar Bogle? 
    He’s probably remembering all the fans that bullied Karlan when he first started for us. That’s why karlan hates us. Fans are fickle 
    Ironic. As that was a ‘fickle’ statement in itself! What I am getting at is...us fans have no appreciation for footballers whatsoever and the level of difficulty in the profession they work within! I think Washington and Bogle have both contributed fairly well so far, we certainly wouldn’t be where we are in the league if we didn’t have them two! Both players were not signed as the ‘goal scorer’ Bow would have wanted and no disrespect, they have been signed on a shoestring budget! It seems now we have our knight in shining armour with a big wallet, some of our fans are typically getting impatient and forget the complications Bow and team are having to work with!

Going back to my initial comment, yes I did compare Karlan to Bogle and Washington, as he too, missed plenty of chances when he first had a run in the side! Albeit he was younger and less experienced!!

I assumed Washington was signed as a goalscorer? a fox in the box type? is that not his game? BTW - i don't think he or Bogle are bad players as such, just not good enough for what we are trying to do - the lack of wingers / pace going forwards and bowyers negative football won't have helped washington and bogle looks to me like somebody who could do a good all round line leading type job for a lower league 1 / league 2 team - i'm certainly not slagging off their effort or application, just doubting they have what it takes to get us promoted  
  • Washington is very similar to when we had Paul Hayes. A good player at this level who is dependable, but if someone of higher quality was available (Yann) he would be snapped up immediately and Washington would be dropped.That's football at this level. 
  • edited January 2021
    Washington is very similar to when we had Paul Hayes. A good player at this level who is dependable, but if someone of higher quality was available (Yann) he would be snapped up immediately and Washington would be dropped.That's football at this level. 
    I'd say Bogle is more of the Paul Hayes; Washington isnt good enough in the air to be compared to Hayes

Washington would be like Wright-Phillips but he doesnt have the pace
  • Sounds like @Sage knows the other player who may be incoming. No expose but happy with calibre?
  • mendonca said:
    Sounds like @Sage knows the other player who may be incoming. No expose but happy with calibre?
    what is your role at the club @sage? do you have one? i forget now  
  • Sponsored links:

• Washington is very similar to when we had Paul Hayes. A good player at this level who is dependable, but if someone of higher quality was available (Yann) he would be snapped up immediately and Washington would be dropped.That's football at this level. 
    agreed
  • DOUCHER said:
    mendonca said:
    Sounds like @Sage knows the other player who may be incoming. No expose but happy with calibre?
    Sage doesnt work for the club
  • Addickted said:
    DOUCHER said:
    mendonca said:
    Dried Sage  Schwartz
    the magic formula
  • esseffect said:
    cafc_se7 said:
     People seem to forget that Karlan missed chance after chance after chance at this level 2 seasons ago! The miss at anfield the other night reminded me of the Shrewsbury away game where he missed about 10 of a similar sort!
    He’s probably remembering all the fans that bullied Karlan when he first started for us. That’s why karlan hates us. Fans are fickle 
    I think the reason he "hates" us is more to do with the disgusting song about him when he came back with Huddersfield. 
    I don't condone such songs but he still has a cheek. We had to endure 3 yes of inadequate shot why unproductive non play. The half a season at Crawley and 4 months endeavour two years ago and he buggers off...what price loyalty from this bloke ?
    Exactly. And he has certainly been "chasing the money". Going from one relegation threatened club to another. Just like our old friend Mr Taylor.
    I'd say Bogle is more of the Paul Hayes; Washington isnt good enough in the air to be compared to Hayes

Washington would be like Wright-Phillips but he doesnt have the pace
    The comparison was generic rather than individual playing styles. Washington is the last of our problems at the moment, but if we could get an upgrade on the cheap we would happily bring a new player into replace him. 

I think Washington is having a good season, but I do hope we are looking to find an upgrade even if we dont win promotion this season.
  • esseffect said:
    cafc_se7 said:
    I think the reason he "hates" us is more to do with the disgusting song about him when he came back with Huddersfield. 
    I don't condone such songs but he still has a cheek. We had to endure 3 yes of inadequate shot why unproductive non play. The half a season at Crawley and 4 months endeavour two years ago and he buggers off...what price loyalty from this bloke ?
    He was a kid.  
    I completely agree with you!
  • Bogle reminds me of a poor man's Paul Benson. Slow, immobile and not able to cope with the pressure of playing for a big club 
  • Sponsored links:

• I’m still waiting for Chris Dickson to ‘fire us’ to the Premier league, as was declared on the front page of the match day programme!
  • cafc_se7 said:
    esseffect said:
    cafc_se7 said:
    Ironic. As that was a ‘fickle’ statement in itself! What I am getting at is...us fans have no appreciation for footballers whatsoever and the level of difficulty in the profession they work within! I think Washington and Bogle have both contributed fairly well so far, we certainly wouldn’t be where we are in the league if we didn’t have them two! Both players were not signed as the ‘goal scorer’ Bow would have wanted and no disrespect, they have been signed on a shoestring budget! It seems now we have our knight in shining armour with a big wallet, some of our fans are typically getting impatient and forget the complications Bow and team are having to work with!

Going back to my initial comment, yes I did compare Karlan to Bogle and Washington, as he too, missed plenty of chances when he first had a run in the side! Albeit he was younger and less experienced!!
    Sorry I may have come across incorrectly there. I was agreeing with you. I think the comparison for bogle and karlan is totally fair.

Bogle has had half a season to produce and people are already on his back... it’s nuts 
  • esseffect said:
    cafc_se7 said:
    Exactly. And he has certainly been "chasing the money". Going from one relegation threatened club to another. Just like our old friend Mr Taylor.
    Taylor should have played out his contract, but leaving us is fine. We were ok when he did it to Wimbledon to join us
  • esseffect said:
    cafc_se7 said:
    esseffect said:
    cafc_se7 said:

Sorry I may have come across incorrectly there. I was agreeing with you. I think the comparison for bogle and karlan is totally fair.

Bogle has had half a season to produce and people are already on his back... it’s nuts 
    My sons quite happy with Bogle,  he scored 40 in a season ( albeit on Football Manager) Bogles going to be a busy lad in the 2nd half of the season!
  • edited January 2021
    Dazzler21 said:
    Jackson dropping us right in it there  ;)
  • MattF said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Jackson dropping us right in it ther
    Alfie is going no matter what otherwise he would of signed by now just got to get on with it now and look for a decent replacement 
  • MattF said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    What did Jackson say... Its behind a paywall
  • 22 mins into the window and no signings, not even a mention of a super duper deal phone.
    LB said signings hopefully Monday
  • FAVADDICK said:
    MattF said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Alfie is going no matter what otherwise he would of signed by now just got to get on with it now and look for a decent replacement 
    I know, I was joking