Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2021 Transfer Targets (last minute swoop for Jaiyesimi p184 - NOW it's all over.)

Comments

• Oggy Red said:
    And Onion?

That is why we get a stuffing 
    We just need a little thyme.
  • Valley11 said:
    Sage said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Sage said:
    I don’t work for the club.

I have not posted much recently as I’ve been really busy with CACT doing covid testing.

Thanks for all the mentions, you’re nice people.

We must remain supportive of Bowyer, don’t let the lows get too low. His decisions have been strange but hopefully we get clear answers soon. It’s poor right now, has been for 6 weeks, but he’s our manager, and the right manager for the job too.

We desperately miss Inniss, Famewo, Doughty, and Shinnie. Late February can’t come soon enough.

We’ll be happy with the business this month. You don’t need to worry about that. Two new players in the squad for Friday, Schwartz should make the bench.

I can’t say much more, but I think even Golfie might be a little pleased, even if it’s after he’s seen them play.
    hope you're right sage - seems a few are ITK but obviously sworn to secrecy but we shall see - if he offloads some of those he has inexplicably not been playing then i may just start to regain some faith - if he doesn't i'll be amazed if whoever we bring in will lead to promotion coz right now i wouldn't trust bowyer to get a result with Liverpool's squad 
    I’m not confident about promotion. Defensively without Inniss and Famewo we look poor and for one reason or another, we never have a settled side, but we did when we won promotion last time. We don’t have the quality we had last time either, as much as we may like to think so, we just don’t.

A good window, which I believe we will have, a couple of players back fit, and we will need a run of form. Those 3 things happen, and we give ourselves a chance. Without it, it’ll be a tough season to get promoted.

Keep the faith in Bowyer though. He guided us to promotion before, he so nearly kept a sinking ship up in The Championship, he stuck by us and kept us going, and he’s tried his best to make us competitive, even if we don’t understand some decisions right now. Keep the faith, we’ll get there.
    Absolutely. Look at that Play Off Final line up again and a midfield of Cullen Aribo Bielik with Taylor up top is light years from what we have now. 
    And they were only good enough to make the play offs. 

Cullern and bielik were signed after the season started. We finished third only just behind Barnsley. When you consider those facts, it waters down your comments
  • Thought Championship clubs were sniffing around the Gills CB..
    Gorgeous George could be making the trip to Priestfield - maybe as a make weight in Tucker coming to us?
  • Addickted said:
    Thought Championship clubs were sniffing around the Gills CB..
    Gorgeous George could be making the trip to Priestfield - maybe as a make weight in Tucker coming to us?
    More chance of a swop deal involving deji as they were quoted to be interested in him.
  • Addickted said:
    My coffee hasn’t kicked in, are you referring to lapslie?
  • Interesting article in which Gnanduillet claims Charlton came in for him on 3 different occasions...including at the start of this season:

Always thought he looked a right handful at Blackpool. Hopefully we go in for him again now he's without a club (could definitely do with him & Schwartz):

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/sport/football/blackpool-fc/armand-gnanduillet-opens-his-blackpool-exit-why-he-turned-down-offer-new-contract-and-his-failed-move-charlton-athletic-3019067?amp
  • Thanks. Give them lapslie and oshi plus a bit of cash and it could work. Maybe we should show evans bogles u-tube video and hope 
  • Sponsored links:

• Addickted said:
    More chance of a swop deal involving deji as they were quoted to be interested in him.
    Maybe it could be a BOGOF.
  • Interesting article in which Gnanduillet claims Charlton came in for him on 3 different occasions...including at the start of this season:

Always thought he looked a right handful at Blackpool. Hopefully we go in for him again now he's without a club (could definitely do with him & Schwartz):

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/sport/football/blackpool-fc/armand-gnanduillet-opens-his-blackpool-exit-why-he-turned-down-offer-new-contract-and-his-failed-move-charlton-athletic-3019067?amp
    Sounds like he’s a bit full of himself.
    Banging on about respect all the time.
    He clearly didn’t know about our embargo when we didn’t sign him in Jan
  • edited January 2021
    Valley11 said:
    Sage said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Sage said:

I have not posted much recently as I’ve been really busy with CACT doing covid testing.

We must remain supportive of Bowyer, don’t let the lows get too low. His decisions have been strange but hopefully we get clear answers soon. It’s poor right now, has been for 6 weeks, but he’s our manager, and the right manager for the job too.

We desperately miss Inniss, Famewo, Doughty, and Shinnie. Late February can’t come soon enough.

We’ll be happy with the business this month. You don’t need to worry about that. Two new players in the squad for Friday, Schwartz should make the bench.

I can’t say much more, but I think even Golfie might be a little pleased, even if it’s after he’s seen them play.
    hope you're right sage - seems a few are ITK but obviously sworn to secrecy but we shall see - if he offloads some of those he has inexplicably not been playing then i may just start to regain some faith - if he doesn't i'll be amazed if whoever we bring in will lead to promotion coz right now i wouldn't trust bowyer to get a result with Liverpool's squad 
    I’m not confident about promotion. Defensively without Inniss and Famewo we look poor and for one reason or another, we never have a settled side, but we did when we won promotion last time. We don’t have the quality we had last time either, as much as we may like to think so, we just don’t.

A good window, which I believe we will have, a couple of players back fit, and we will need a run of form. Those 3 things happen, and we give ourselves a chance. Without it, it’ll be a tough season to get promoted.

Keep the faith in Bowyer though. He guided us to promotion before, he so nearly kept a sinking ship up in The Championship, he stuck by us and kept us going, and he’s tried his best to make us competitive, even if we don’t understand some decisions right now. Keep the faith, we’ll get there.
    Absolutely. Look at that Play Off Final line up again and a midfield of Cullen Aribo Bielik with Taylor up tears from what we have now. 
    Ok

Cullern and bielik were signed after the season started. We finished third only just behind Barnsley. When you consider those facts, it waters down your comment

The standard of teams in division one this season does not compare with them. It's much lower.
  • redbuttle said:
    Valley11 said:
    Sage said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Sage said:

Absolutely. Look at that Play Off Final line up again and a midfield of Cullen Aribo Bielik with Taylor up tears from what we have now. 
    Ok

Cullern and bielik were signed after the season started. We finished third only just behind Barnsley. When you consider those facts, it waters down your comment

The standard of teams in division one this season does not compare with them. It's much lower.
    That has no relevance to my post. I was responding to a post that said a team with our high quality midfield only finished in the play offs two years ago. I was pointing out that we didn’t have that midfield at the start of that season. If we did, we might have gone up automatically 
  • redbuttle said:
    Valley11 said:
    Sage said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Sage said:

Ok

That has no relevance to my post. I was responding to a post that said a team with our high quality midfield only finished in the play offs two years ago. I was pointing out that we didn’t have that midfield at the start of that season. If we did, we might have gone up automatically 
    Thank you for putting me in my place.
  • Sage said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Sage said:

It's great to hear what you have said about Lee Bowyer. Last night I wanted him to be sacked. I have calmed down and have listened to you as the voice of reason.  Thanks
  • I've seen Jack Tucker linked with us as a centre half we are looking at.

Plays for the Gills, lives locally in Whitstable and may be outside of the salary cap as he is 21.

He's been a regular starter as their number 5 both this season and last season but was interestingly on the bench for their game against Plymouth today.
    It would just be Tucker’s luck if he joined us. 
  • iaitch said:
    Oggy Red said:
    And Onion?

But not Peter Parsley?

• Sage said:
    They’re an attacking midfielder, the other player.
    Young with pace? Like Steve Gallen said he wanted to sign?

• Oggy Red said:
    iaitch said:
    Oggy Red said:
    And Onion?

But not Peter Parsley?

Shame Dills has gone.

God, I loved this programme when I was a nipper https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Herbs 
  • Sponsored links:

• Herbie Kane could fit in with this thread.
  • Sage said:
    Two new players in the squad for Friday,

Schwartz should make the bench.

We've got most of our best players sitting on that bench.

Are you sure there's enough room for Schwarz?  :smile:

• Oggy Red said:
    Sage said:

Tbf with Watson now injured and Gilbey and Pratley suspended (but Chuks back) there's at least two slots in the squad available 
  • We'll have Pearce playing central midfield and Albie at centre half the next game.
  • MattF said:
    Oggy Red said:
    Sage said:

Tbf with Watson now injured and Gilbey and Pratley suspended (but Chuks back) there's at least two slots in the squad available 
    Why let the facts get in the way of my little light hearted joke. :smile:

• Oggy Red said:
    MattF said:
    Oggy Red said:
    Sage said:

Why let the facts get in the way of my little light hearted joke. :smile:

There was so much grim realism in your joke that it flew over my head
  • redbuttle said:
    Valley11 said:
    Sage said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Sage said:

Ok

it didn't come together properly until cullen came back from injury and we could play our best 4 midfielders - i just wish we would play ours now rather than have them sitting on the bench  
  • Seeing as Sorba Thomas didn't play for Boreham Wood yesterday, I would have thought he would be the 'attacking midfielder'.