Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2021 Transfer Targets (last minute swoop for Jaiyesimi p184 - NOW it's all over.)

Comments

• Scoham said:
    Chunes said:
    Could also cancel Watson's contract and free up around 4k.
    DOUCHER said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    The way round the salary cap and obvious holes in the squad is..... 

Pay Luton a fee for Shinnie and take over the last 6 months of his contract with them paying his wages.   You could possibly do the same with Smyth. 

Send Levitt back. 

Sign a striker with what ever is left of budget. 

Get a right sided center back in on loan.

Then get the best player you can on loan, provided he isn't a keeper or a right back he will almost certainly improve us. 

Then there is always the 5% over run on the salary cap, which works out at about 5k a week for a six month contract.

There is plenty of wiggle room. 
    Shake hands with Bogle and Washington, pay them off and put it down to experience 
    Correct me if I'm wrong but paying off contracts wouldn't free up room on the salary cap.
    why not? they wouldn't be on the payroll any more
  • Interest in a Stoke defender I see.
  • How does the cap affect Pay as you play contracts?
  • Scoham said:
    Chunes said:
    Could also cancel Watson's contract and free up around 4k.
    DOUCHER said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Pay Luton a fee for Shinnie and take over the last 6 months of his contract with them paying his wages.   You could possibly do the same with Smyth. 

Send Levitt back. 

Then get the best player you can on loan, provided he isn't a keeper or a right back he will almost certainly improve us. 

Then there is always the 5% over run on the salary cap, which works out at about 5k a week for a six month contract.

Shake hands with Bogle and Washington, pay them off and put it down to experience 
    Correct me if I'm wrong but paying off contracts wouldn't free up room on the salary cap.
    What a shame!
  • Cafc43v3r said:

Send Levitt back. 

Very difficult to do legally. You can’t take over someone’s contract when actually you are not taking over the contract at all. 
  • Interest in a Stoke defender I see.
    Do you mean by some of us or have you heard something?
  • Cafc43v3r said:

Send Levitt back. 

Very difficult to do legally. You can’t take over someone’s contract when actually you are not taking over the contract at all. 
    We must have done something similar with Williams when he signed.
  • Sponsored links:

• Chunes said:
    It will be interesting to see if we offer Chuks a new contract. No doubt he is unbelievable at times, but it's hard to build a team around a player who can only do 60-70 mins.
    At a push 
  • Chunes said:
    It will be interesting to see if we offer Chuks a new contract. No doubt he is unbelievable at times, but it's hard to build a team around a player who can only do 60-70 mins.

I'd want him to stay just because having that combination of physical power and technical skill is a handy ace card to play. Ideally though it should not be our one and only tactic to rescue a game as it is currently.

• I asked Thomas around the rules about signing ronnie schwartz does it have to be done before the 1st which he answered yes it does i then asked him does he think he will sign to which he answered just watch the news so in my eyes that one is definitely done 
    How can we sign someone before the window opens on 1st ?

• I asked Thomas around the rules about signing ronnie schwartz does it have to be done before the 1st which he answered yes it does i then asked him does he think he will sign to which he answered just watch the news so in my eyes that one is definitely done 
    I haven't got a clue but I see Leeds sign someone last week so it can be done 

I suspect we might sign and register him on the 31st Dec (pre Brexit). Then he would be eligible and could play on the 2nd Jan. 

Maybe he has been released from his contract and they have paid him up on the final six months. 😀
  • Chunes said:
    Going to be difficult as well... If we get promoted to the Championship then we can offer Chuks whatever he wants

If we dont go up then Chuks may well need to take a wage cut, as his current salary doesnt apply to the Salary Cap as he signed his contract before it came into effect

Jason Pearce is in the exact same boat

Of course Gallen could well have treated their current wage as part of the Salary Cap so that when their contracts do expire, we can at the very least offer them the same terms that they're on
  • Scoham said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Send Levitt back. 

No I think Palace paid him off and so he took a pay cut. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:

Send Levitt back. 

Well you can, because that's exactly what Palace did to allow us to sign Williams. 

• Sponsored links:

• Reckon if George has been told he can leave then Erhun has been told the same!!
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Send Levitt back. 

Well you can, because that's exactly what Palace did to allow us to sign Williams. 

Can we identify players in a similar situation?

As Curbishley said in hus analysis Charlton would be attractive for someone to come in. 
  • Scoham said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Send Levitt back. 

No I think Palace paid him off and so he took a pay cut. 
    Effectively the same thing.
  • Reckon if George has been told he can leave then Erhun has been told the same!!
    Yeah no chance he’ll get a new deal with us.
  • I’ve been reminded that the transfer window opens on 2nd January 
  • edited December 2020
    I’ve been reminded that the transfer window opens on 2nd January 
    Yeah taken from the EFL website:

The purpose of this Regulation is to give The League an element of flexibility in its application, however in Season 2020/21 it shall be applied as follows:

- the Winter Transfer Window in Season 2020/21 will open on 2 January 2021.

- In the Championship division, Match round 23 is currently scheduled for 2 January 2021 and there is a strong likelihood that some fixtures will be moved to 3/4 January 2021 to accommodate TV selections.

- In order to ensure that all Clubs are treated equitably for Match round 23, the League will withhold confirmation of registration where applications are lodged on the morning of Saturday 2 January 2021, until after completion of match round 23, so Clubs selected for TV will not gain an advantage over the majority of Clubs who would play at 3pm on the Saturday.
  • What make any one think this January will be the supa dupa cheque book transfer period that last year wasn't. 

If Schwartz is signed it will be like Green last year..that then an embargo due to salary cap unless we get an U21 on loan.
    Why would we be put in an embargo due to the Salary Cap?

If you exceed the Salary Cap then you just get fined depending how much you've gone over it