Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2021 Transfer Targets (last minute swoop for Jaiyesimi p184 - NOW it's all over.)

Comments

• edited December 2020
    Risky financially though isn't it.  All our money in up front; player takes his cut, signs for low wages and a couple of months later.goes on strike and agitates for a move away and we are stuffed.
  • Risky financially though isn't it.  All our money in up front; player takes his cut, signs for low wages and a couple of months later.goes on strike and agitates for a move away and we are stuffed.
    Can’t see how that doesn’t apply to any player.
  • Risky financially though isn't it.  All our money in up front; player takes his cut, signs for low wages and a couple of months later.goes on strike and agitates for a move away and we are stuffed.
    Can’t see how that doesn’t apply to any player.
    You don’t normally pay a players wages up front though. Hence why I only think that works on a short term deal, similar to how we signed Williams. 
  • Internet rumour of Jack Clarke from Spurs. Under 21 released from Leeds loan with Spurs looking at a new loan for him. Would not count in wage cap and TS could cover wages.
  • edited December 2020
    Jack Clarke would be quality but surely he would be able to get a Championship club.
  • Be nice if we could get hold of Jack Clarke and Troy Parrott. One can dream. 
  • Jack Clarke isn’t on loan at Leeds this season though. He had a great breakthrough at Leeds but really struggled after he came off ill at Leeds a little while ago before he moved to Spurs. He’s got talent and needs a good loan move to reboot his career.
  • No mention of needing a couple of centre half's. Not sure who we could move out to make way for new bodies other than the injured loans, if thats even feasable. In terms of fees, who have we got worth a fee other than Doherty who's injured....maybe they will let him go on the cheap seeing as he hasnt signed a contract whist he has been out. Cant see any of our higher earners getting moves due to the salary cap.
  • Sponsored links:

• Was the salary cap voted in for just this season or was it a 'permanent' change?
  • Was the salary cap voted in for just this season or was it a 'permanent' change?
    Nah its a permanent introduction

So give it a few years and you could well see a very level playing field in League One and League Two

For now though with some players being over etc. its a bit silly
  • edited December 2020
    Moving the conversation from post match thread, but I expecting Deji to leave the club in transfer window. Would be very surprised if he was still a Charlton player come February.

Fully expecting Levitt & Deji to leave in January. 

• Moving the conversation from post match thread, but I expecting Deji to leave the club in transfer window. Would be very surprised if he was still a Charlton player come February.

Rumours on another site deji is definitely off when window opens 
  • chev said:
    Moving the conversation from post match thread, but I expecting Deji to leave the club in transfer window. Would be very surprised if he was still a Charlton player come February.

Rumours on another site deji is definitely off when window opens 
    Must surely be off. 5th choice centre half now. and can’t get a game instead of Pratley. If the budget cap is a tight as Bowyer likes to mention then it would be crazy to keep someone who isn’t gong to play. 

Probably a good deal for all parties. 
  • edited December 2020
    With Famewo and Innis out for another two months then surely a CB is on the list?

I thought we were short when we had 3!
  • Sage said:
    Sage said:
    Fully expect the salary cap to change within a year or two. We just have to deal with it whilst it’s here.

If Bow is going to persevere with Pratley and Pearce for the foreseeable, we will not be getting close to the top two any time soon. You don’t get promoted with that as your centre back pairing. Even if Pratley has been good for us. They’re too slow, too hands on, neither are dominant in the air.

Looks as though Deji must be off, Levitt certainly.

Schwartz, an attacking midfielder who could play out side too, and a centre back, all to come in.

2 out, 3 in?
    I hope they can play out side... Wrong sport if not ;)
    God dammit. Maybe we’d be better at futsal instead ;)
    Ooo is that a clue... Are we signing Max Kilman from Wolves lol!
  • Sponsored links:

• Are we paying anything towards oztumers wages while out on loan? If we are I assume that still counts towards the cap.

Let him and deji go to cover Schwartz' wages and maybe a CB perm/ decent loan. Replace Levitt with another youngster if need be. 
  • Are we paying anything towards oztumers wages while out on loan? If we are I assume that still counts towards the cap.

Let him and deji go to cover Schwartz' wages and maybe a CB perm/ decent loan. Replace Levitt with another youngster if need be. 
    Oztumer and Oshilaja are under contract on Championship wages (maybe including relegation clause reduction?).

Why  would they want to move permanently anywhere in January? Under the wage cap, they would need to take a substantial wage reduction.

If we are paying some of Oztumer's wages still it might be something that they do where we let Rovers have him for nowt now seeing he'll be out of contract in the summer

Dont think it would be a bad play, Gallen always talks about getting on good relations with teams in case we need them in the future

If we are paying some of Oztumer's wages still it might be something that they do where we let Rovers have him for nowt now seeing he'll be out of contract in the summer

Dont think it would be a bad play, Gallen always talks about getting on good relations with teams in case we need them in the future
    Agreed, I'd be happy to let him leave for nothing. The fee would be insignificant anyway. But if we are paying some of his wages why would Rovers want to sign him now? Can't see him leaving until the summer. 
  • Oggy Red said:
    Are we paying anything towards oztumers wages while out on loan? If we are I assume that still counts towards the cap.

Oztumer and Oshilaja are under contract on Championship wages (maybe including relegation clause reduction?).

Why  would they want to move permanently anywhere in January? Under the wage cap, they would need to take a substantial wage reduction.

Because they might not have any offers in July? 

Because Oshilaja is bored watching Pratley play CB from the bench? 

Sure they might have to drop a few pounds, but it's covid times + salary cap, if there's a 3 year job offer on the table now you'd like to think they'd (or any player) would be sensible and take it rather than risk it. 
  • edited December 2020
    Oggy Red said:
    Are we paying anything towards oztumers wages while out on loan? If we are I assume that still counts towards the cap.

Sure they might have to drop a few pounds, but it's covid times + salary cap, if there's a 3 year job offer on the table now you'd like to think they'd (or any player) would be sensible and take it rather than risk it. 
    Could also be why Bristol Rovers might be eager to do a deal now rather than wait till the summer when Erhun should have more interested parties
  • edited December 2020
    Don't think it's nailed on Oshilaja will go, most players will go through periods of playing and not playing. I'm sure his time will come again here. 
  • edited December 2020
    Oggy Red said:

Could also be why Bristol Rovers might be eager to do a deal now rather than wait till the summer when Erhun should have more interested parties
    He's hardly set the world on fire at Rovers though, no goals so far this season, I can't see them being desperate to sign him at this stage

Incidentally he was one of the Rovers players testing positive, the outbreak which caused the cancellation of their game against us!
  • Oggy Red said:

He's hardly set the world on fire at Rovers though, no goals so far this season, I can't see them being desperate to sign him at this stage

Incidentally he was one of the Rovers players testing positive, the outbreak which caused the cancellation of their game against us!
    Ah ha......Operation Oztumer  !!