Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2021 Transfer Targets (last minute swoop for Jaiyesimi p184 - NOW it's all over.)

Comments

• i just hope Schwartz and whoever else we are trying to sign are given the inside track on why LB is managing the games in the way he is  
  • I know we are trying to bring in some players in January but is there any rumours going around that we might lose anyone ?
  • Chunes said:
    new rules come in for EU players on 1st January

I'm sure Thomas's lawyers will be sorting this.

He won't be coming if these are the rules. He doesn't meet any criteria. 
    Unless he's already signed... Just cant announce it until January 1st

Also this probably helps: In summary, points are based on criteria such as: the quality of the league of the selling club; minutes played by the player; and the domestic league and continental cup progression of the club they played for at the end of last season.

On those criteria:

- Danish Superliga is the 14th ranked league in Europe as per UEFA rankings
     - Minutes played if including last season come to 2.672
     - FC Midtjylland won the Danish League and got knocked straight out of the Europa League Qualifying stages

So probably stand a better chance of signing him than we would most players in Europe at the moment
    Nothing to stop us announcing it now if it had happened, he just can't play. If we don't sign him pre 2021 I don't see us getting him going by the brexit rules.
    If he's gone home then he'll struggle to get back to London at the moment...
    I would like to think he is still here. If he did go home after the Wimbledon match then that's us f**ked........and a silly thing to do knowing how Covid has affected many travel plans over the past 9 months.
  • doronron said:
    I know we are trying to bring in some players in January but is there any rumours going around that we might lose anyone ?
    Debate has always been whether Famewo or Levitt might get recalled

Levitt, it'll probably happen because we're not playing him - Famewo will probably stay now seeing he's out until around February
  • Some midfielders we had as well, Cousins, Buyens and JBG. Buyens was a great player imo, could make it look so easy 

Buyens, the master penalty taker.

When Buyens and JJ played together in midfield for a while it was definitely one paced ! 
    Buyens was a skilful player but pulled back players when they went passed him and copped a few yellow cards.
  • You can't just be a winger these days.
    Sorry if it upsets people to mention their names but in the half season that Taylor and Grant played together we had two striker/wingers who were a great double act as when Lyle attacked down the right wing Karlan would take a central role and vice versa when Karlan would attack down the left.

Smyth when fit should play as a wide man with also midfield responsibility.
  • You can't just be a winger these days.
    Sorry if it upsets people to mention their names but in the half season that Taylor and Grant played together we had two striker/wingers who were a great double act as when Lyle attacked down the right wing Karlan would take a central role and vice versa when Karlan would attack down the left.

Smyth when fit should play as a wide man with also midfield responsibility.
    I agree, look at the way a lot of the top players play, Son is a "winger" but spends a lot of his attacking play cutting in from the left and getting in behind, whilst Kane drops deeper to pull defenders out of position.

Problem is don't have players to replicate that at our level, if Chuks and Alfie were fit enough then maybe they could be a league 1 Kane and Son but it doesn't work that way
  • Leuth said:
    Some midfielders we had as well, Cousins, Buyens and JBG. Buyens was a great player imo, could make it look so easy 

When Buyens and JJ played together in midfield for a while it was definitely one paced ! 
    Buyens was a skilful player but pulled back players when they went passed him and copped a few yellow cards.
    The most frustrating thing about Roland wasn't that he signed shit players. He signed plenty of good ones. But it was that he didn't understand that players got injuries. We never had a squad
    Not to mention when we signed a player on loan, we didnt get them back the following year. Bulot more than Buyens was a great example of that as the former really wanted to come back - Meant any chance of having a settled squad was never established!!
  • Sorba Thomas won't come in to the xi.
  • Sponsored links:

• PopIcon said:
    Sorba Thomas won't come in to the xi.
    We signing him?.
  • Santa Claus is also available from January.  

Well probably sign one of the reindeer.  

Been on the Bells? 🔔 🥃 

We've often had a tendency to sign donkeys. 

• Oggy Red said:
    Some midfielders we had as well, Cousins, Buyens and JBG. Buyens was a great player imo, could make it look so easy 

Buyens made us tick. He was the one tasked with doing the covering and tracking, midfield link up play, the short tidy pass.
    Lovely touch on the ball and relaxed, languid style, always unrushed and composed.

Yeah, he lacked a bit of pace and was niggly, rather than aggressive.
    Because he wasn't gung-ho and in your face, very under-rated by many.

Weird how his career slumped after leaving us. I know Bulot had injury problems after leaving us, but I wasn't aware Buyens had a bad injury. Only 32 and it's not as if he relied on his pace
  • Dansk_Red said:
    Rumered we are signing J Brown striker from Colchester.  
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jevani_Brown
  • Bournesnr said:
    According to Karl Robinson we signed the best winger in the league in 2017, I give you Mark Marshall 

And he was right, when he said it. 
  • Dansk_Red said:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jevani_Brown
    Really? I know the wage cap, Brexit, Covid etc etc but really? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Dansk_Red said:
    I hope not. He's in decent form but it's a concern he's done nothing until the age of 26. 
  • edited December 2020
    Dansk_Red said:
    I hope not. He's in decent form but it's a concern he's done nothing until the age of 26. 
    Remember a forward who used to play for us that got injured on International duty last season? But jokes aside, this chap does not seem like one for us.
  • No thank you.

Never played above League Two and had a little patch in October/November time of scoring 6 goals in a couple of weeks. Take them away and his record is not very good. All of our strikers are better than him so it's a very clear no.
  • Dansk_Red said:

Very strange, I was going to mention him this morning as a possible options as he's been good this year whenever I have seen highlights.

As Sage said though he's not done an awful lot this year though. That being said he was on fire at the start of the year when they played him upfront. The goals have stopped since they started playing him behind as a number 10. 
  • Dansk_Red said:

Very strange, I was going to mention him this morning as a possible options as he's been good this year whenever I have seen highlights.

As Sage said though he's not done an awful lot this year though. That being said he was on fire at the start of the year when they played him upfront. The goals have stopped since they started playing him behind as a number 10. 
    Hasn't he only scored in 3 different games this season?  2 hatricks mind, but one was against Southend reserves when they didn't even have a 1st team. 
  • Dansk_Red said:
    are you a relative or his agent ? ((:>)
  • One of the click bait sites has suggested centre back Liam Lindsay from Stoke. 

I mentioned him before. He has the physical presence that we have missed with Inniss's injury.