Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2021 Transfer Targets (last minute swoop for Jaiyesimi p184 - NOW it's all over.)

Comments

• Colin Powell was a winger 
  • Rommedahl and Thomas on the wings should have been more potent than it ended up being. 
  • In more recent times, Ricky Holmes was a winger. You can’t say he didn’t do well for us, because he clearly did.
  • is it possible that Schwartz is already at SL getting fit???
    Yep. Out for six weeks... sorry six months!
  • Some midfielders we had as well, Cousins, Buyens and JBG. Buyens was a great player imo, could make it look so easy 
  • edited December 2020
    How many managers have played without wingers.
  • Sponsored links:

• Shrew said:
    wmcf123 said:
    We need wingers, hope Schwartz hits the ground running and another midfielder for the CM role because Gilbey just isn't cutting it. 
    When have we played with wingers successfully ever ? 
    Paddy , Flanagan , Hales
    I don’t go back that far but thanks for that one .  If we can find a Powell/ Peacock, so much the better 
  • Simonsen said:
    wmcf123 said:
    We need wingers, hope Schwartz hits the ground running and another midfielder for the CM role because Gilbey just isn't cutting it. 
    When have we played with wingers successfully ever ? 
    Bulot/Eagles on left and Gudmonsson on right, with Watt and Vetokele up front was pretty good. 
    I liked Bulot and JBG a lot .  Can’t see anyone of that quality coming into league one . 

Our recent wingers, other than Holmes and Fosu have been diabolical.  
  • Kyle Reid 
  • Anyway, moving on, who’s a realistic target to be a new winger?
  • is it possible that Schwartz is already at SL getting fit???
    He was here last week so who knows.

Out of interest does anyone know the actual protocol of when a player can sign for us & be registered to play, seeing as the 1st is a Bank Holiday (and presuming the EFL are working) and the next day we play away at Hull. Usual protocol is that you have to be signed (registered) by noon the previous day to play in a match. Does that mean that Schwartz wont be able to play as he wont be registered on the 1st due to the EFL all recovering from NYE.......or is it just a matter of letting them know (fax/email/postcard) that he has signed. I'm assuming the former but if everything was in order what's stopping us sending everything to the EFL now & they rubbing stamping it so that it takes effect from the 1st. Or is that just too 21st Century for everyone.
    I'm sure that we can sign him & send all documentation to the efl anytime, he just can't play until the window is open.
  • If Denmark ban flights he won't be able to fly over! 
  • new rules come in for EU players on 1st January

I'm sure Thomas's lawyers will be sorting this.

Hmm that doesn't sound good, hope we can get him signed NOW
  • Glover/Kenning
  • new rules come in for EU players on 1st January

He won't be coming if these are the rules. He doesn't meet any criteria. 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited December 2020
    Chunes said:
    new rules come in for EU players on 1st January

Unless he's already signed... Just cant announce it until January 1st

Also this probably helps: In summary, points are based on criteria such as: the quality of the league of the selling club; minutes played by the player; and the domestic league and continental cup progression of the club they played for at the end of last season.

On those criteria:

- Danish Superliga is the 14th ranked league in Europe as per UEFA rankings
     - Minutes played if including last season come to 2.672
     - 
    FC Midtjylland won the Danish League and got knocked straight out of the Europa League Qualifying stages

So probably stand a better chance of signing him than we would most players in Europe at the moment
  • edited December 2020
    @ForeverAddickted Can you base minutes on previous season? 

14 in Europe doesn't seem high. 

Last point probably right.

I am scarred by my football manager experience of these work permit rules, impossible to sign anyone in league one. 

This will certainly have a massive impact on the quality of English football. 
  • Chunes said:
    @ForeverAddickted Can you base minutes on previous season? 

14 in Europe doesn't seem high. 

Last point probably right.

I am scarred by my football manager experience of these work permit rules, impossible to sign anyone in league one. 

This will certainly have a massive impact on the quality of English football. 
    Not sure to be honest on the minutes played... the quote doesnt seem to explain either way
  • Suprised no one mentioned spewie hughie McCauley 
  • I wonder if a few clubs will rush through signings before the end of the year to beat any Brexit restrictions

Especially as many European leagues will be on Christmas/winter breaks now anyway
  • Chunes said:

Also this probably helps: In summary, points are based on criteria such as: the quality of the league of the selling club; minutes played by the player; and the domestic league and continental cup progression of the club they played for at the end of last season.

On those criteria:

- FC Midtjylland won the Danish League and got knocked straight out of the Europa League Qualifying stages

So probably stand a better chance of signing him than we would most players in Europe at the moment
    Nothing to stop us announcing it now if it had happened, he just can't play. If we don't sign him pre 2021 I don't see us getting him going by the brexit rules.
  • I think TS and his lawyers will have been all over this.
  • John Henderson, Jimmy Mullen, Cliff Durandt, Paul Hince.
  • Chunes said:

On those criteria:

- FC Midtjylland won the Danish League and got knocked straight out of the Europa League Qualifying stages

Nothing to stop us announcing it now if it had happened, he just can't play. If we don't sign him pre 2021 I don't see us getting him going by the brexit rules.
    If he's gone home then he'll struggle to get back to London at the moment...