Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2021 Transfer Targets (last minute swoop for Jaiyesimi p184 - NOW it's all over.)

Comments

• Richard J said:
    One of the click bait sites has suggested centre back Liam Lindsay from Stoke. 

I mentioned him before. He has the physical presence that we have missed with Inniss's injury. 
    Interesting rumour. I would be pleased if we got him.
  • edited December 2020
    Anyone know any more about this guy? Looks decent young and probably wouldn’t cost a lot. Great form this season. Max watters from Crawley 
  • fog horn said:
    Anyone know any more about this guy? Looks decent young and probably wouldn’t cost a lot. Great form this season 
    Which one? Stoke paid £2m.
  • Redrobo said:
    fog horn said:
    Anyone know any more about this guy? Looks decent young and probably wouldn’t cost a lot. Great form this season 
    Which one? Stoke paid £2m.
    Liam Lindsay has been frozen out. If Levitt goes back to United I would want to use our loan slot for him. He hasn't playes at all this season. 
  • But has his Papa got a brand new bag?
  • fog horn said:

Yeah dont see this one happening, Crawley want about £2m for him and had Premier League interest
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Dansk_Red said:
    Rumered we are signing J Brown striker from Colchester.  

Very strange, I was going to mention him this morning as a possible options as he's been good this year whenever I have seen highlights.

As Sage said though he's not done an awful lot this year though. That being said he was on fire at the start of the year when they played him upfront. The goals have stopped since they started playing him behind as a number 10. 
    Hasn't he only scored in 3 different games this season?  2 hatricks mind, but one was against Southend reserves when they didn't even have a 1st team. 
    Six games as far as I can see including 2 hatricks. He also won player of the Month for November.
  • edited December 2020
    Oggy Red said:
    Some midfielders we had as well, Cousins, Buyens and JBG. Buyens was a great player imo, could make it look so easy 

Buyens, the master penalty taker.

When Buyens and JJ played together in midfield for a while it was definitely one paced ! 
    Buyens was a skilful player but pulled back players when they went passed him and copped a few yellow cards.
    Buyens made us tick. He was the one tasked with doing the covering and tracking, midfield link up play, the short tidy pass.
    Lovely touch on the ball and relaxed, languid style, always unrushed and composed.

Yeah, he lacked a bit of pace and was niggly, rather than aggressive.
    Because he wasn't gung-ho and in your face, very under-rated by many.

Buyens was a very tidy player, even though not in the class of Claus Jensen, But along with Freddie Bulot a good signing from that period.
    When Buyens was asked what he would have done if he was a defender and Tony Watt was shielding the ball on the touchline for two minutes, what would he have done?

Kicked him into row Z, was the answer !
  • I know they are a very rare find, but would love it if we could find the next Jamie Vardy that could grow with the club.
  • Sponsored links:

• Would be happy with Liam Lindsay.  Was very keen when he was at Patrick but we missed out.  Big and strong lad would do well for us
  • Has only played 8 games for Stoke since Michael O’Neill came in November 2019, not played since January 31st.

Something clearly happened and is not part of his plans at all.

Would be a good signing but do we have the wage budget for it? 
  • Watters has come from nowhere this season and his co react is only until the end of the season I think.  
    Looks a very decent poacher but not sure what else he has in his game... but then again putting the ball in the back of the net is a fair skill.

I would be surprised if we got him as I think Schwartz is a done deal and we will be pinning our hopes on him.  
  • Sage said:
    Has only played 8 games for Stoke since Michael O’Neill came in November 2019, not played since January 31st.

Loan signing in place of Levitt?
  • Sage said:
    Has only played 8 games for Stoke since Michael O’Neill came in November 2019, not played since January 31st.

But Sage is right. Levitt doesn’t count towards the cap but Lindsay would. Personally I don’t think we’ll sign him unless Famewo goes back. 
  • Sage said:

Difference is that Levitt is not included in the cap due to his age but Lindsay would be included...
  • Sage said:

But Sage is right. Levitt doesn’t count towards the cap but Lindsay would. Personally I don’t think we’ll sign him unless Famewo goes back. 
    FFS of course... Unless we try and do a deal similar to how we got Shinnie
  • Sage said:
    Sage said:

We’re paying next to nothing for Shinnie either. Luton covering the vast majority of his wages.

This cap is going to be a right pain, as without it, I am certain we would be much, much stronger come the end of January.
    - A striker
    - Better game management
    - Better "luck" with training based injuries

is all we need in my eyes. Personally, I do not want to overly focus on the restraints from the salary cap as feel our squad is quite strong for L1 thanks to all the hard work from TS,Gallen,Bows.
  • Sponsored links:

• Sage said:

I still feel Schwartz is going to take pretty much all of the budget. Not sure Stoke are going to be happy paying 90%+ of his wages. I think we'll send Levitt back and sign an attacking midfielder/winger on loan (U21) to replace him. 

Just my gut, I think we'll that happening early and then might be 1 in 1 out towards the end of the window. I really rate Famewo but I'm not sure it makes sense keeping him unfortunately. 
  • Thing is. If clubs want players going out on loan for whatever reason to league one clubs then they either pay the salaries or are stuck with the player. 
  • Thing is. If clubs want players going out on loan for whatever reason to league one clubs then they either pay the salaries or are stuck with the player. 
    Even if clubs in League One paid say 10% of the wages at least the lending club are saving something.
  • Can you get round the Salary cap with loans?

We offer Stoke £500k for Liam Lindsey on loan, they pay 100% of the wages

I believe this comes under a 'total package' kind of deal. I.e. is the overall amount spent on a combination of fee/wages/perks such as expenses or property.

I think one way around it might be if we bought Lindsey with an inflated transfer fee.

Stoke then use some of that to pay Lindsey off, who then in turn to compensate has to accept salary cap wages with us.
  • edited December 2020
    Can you get round the Salary cap with loans?

I think one way around it might be if we bought Lindsey with an inflated transfer fee.

Stoke then use some of that to pay Lindsey off, who then in turn to compensate has to accept salary cap wages with us.
    You'll need a Mouthall / Darragh MacAnthony kinda friendship for that!

That could work but only if it was a short-term deal, ie until the summer. Wouldn't work beyond that. 

Think that's what Gallen had said Peterborough did for Jonson Clarke-Harris... 

As Peterborough did when they bought Clarke-Harris from Bristol Rovers. Paid over the odds, Bristol Rovers lined his pockets, Peterborough got him in under the wage cap. Possible we are doing similar with Schwartz.