Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2021 Transfer Targets (last minute swoop for Jaiyesimi p184 - NOW it's all over.)

Comments

• IF the Ronnie Schwartz transfer happens, then either a Yann Kermogant success story or Andy Jones, Barry Endean, Pawel Abbott, Lee Novak (40 other strikers are available !)  Duds who couldn't hit a cow's arse with a banjo.
  • IF the Ronnie Schwartz transfer happens, then either a Yann Kermogant success story or Andy Jones, Barry Endean, Pawel Abbott, Lee Novak (40 other strikers are available !)  Duds who couldn't hit a cow's arse with a banjo.
    I actually think in the middle. I think he’ll do ok without firing us to the title. 
    I actually think in the middle. I think he’ll do ok without firing us to the title. 

We shouldn't be greedy. 
    2nd place will be fine !
    Play offs and we have a 25% chance.

Clive Mendonca's and Lyle Taylor's don't come along very often but 1 goal every 2.5 goals would be the yardstick.
  • DOUCHER said:
    schwarz and 2 attacking pace merchants should do it - then we can start playing on the front foot for 90 mins 
    And still bring on Chuks for last 30 minutes.  :smile:

• The transfer window can’t come soon enough, hope we’re smart!
  • Sorba Thomas, Schwartz if it happens, a CB I will be happy.
    Not really sure another midfielder on loan is priority if that includes certain game time targets/reviews.

• We don't need a massive overhaul, but there are definitely some tweaks and additions to be made. Schwartz makes sense as an upgrade/alternative to Bogle (and hopefully meaning we can chance Aneke more). Sorba Thomas or a similar pacey and  direct type might help keep the initiative.

Maybe a CB depend on what happens with Famewo and Innis injury/recovery wise. But the fundamentals of the squad are solid.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited December 2020
    For me we need a striker to bury the chances our current lot miss, Bogles yesterday was inexcusable! That looks like Schwartz, I’d like a winger (Sorba Thomas fits that bill and will be cheap wages wise) and a CB, preferably on loan or on a free. Has the chap we had on trial found a club yet? Ex Sunderland and Huddersfield? Name escapes me. Feel we miss Pratleys know how and energy in the midfield. So another CB is needed especially if Akin keeps picking up long term injuries. 
  • We need wingers, hope Schwartz hits the ground running and another midfielder for the CM role because Gilbey just isn't cutting it. 
  • We need wingers, hope Schwartz hits the ground running and another midfielder for the CM role because Gilbey just isn't cutting it. 
    Don't agree we need another CM. A little short at the minute but that's because Shinnie and Morgan are out. We'll be covered when they are back. A winger and a striker would do nicely for Jan. 
  • Oggy Red said:
    DOUCHER said:
    schwarz and 2 attacking pace merchants should do it - then we can start playing on the front foot for 90 mins 
    And still bring on Chuks for last 30 minutes.  :smile:

i doubt we will be able to bring anybody in that is more dangerous than chucks but we may be able to play him more knowing that if he breaks down, we have alternatives, which currently, we don't
  • is it possible that Schwartz is already at SL getting fit???
    When have we played with wingers successfully ever ? 
  • wmcf123 said:
    We need wingers, hope Schwartz hits the ground running and another midfielder for the CM role because Gilbey just isn't cutting it. 
    The team that won the 98 playoff final.
  • is it possible that Schwartz is already at SL getting fit???
    He was here last week so who knows.

Out of interest does anyone know the actual protocol of when a player can sign for us & be registered to play, seeing as the 1st is a Bank Holiday (and presuming the EFL are working) and the next day we play away at Hull. Usual protocol is that you have to be signed (registered) by noon the previous day to play in a match. Does that mean that Schwartz wont be able to play as he wont be registered on the 1st due to the EFL all recovering from NYE.......or is it just a matter of letting them know (fax/email/postcard) that he has signed. I'm assuming the former but if everything was in order what's stopping us sending everything to the EFL now & they rubbing stamping it so that it takes effect from the 1st. Or is that just too 21st Century for everyone.
  • Is Schwartz exempted from having to quarantine due to being an athlete? 
  • RedRobin said:
    Is Schwartz exempted from having to quarantine due to being an athlete? 
    If he's here already, then he would have completed his quarantine period.
  • Sponsored links:

• cfgs said:
    wmcf123 said:
    We need wingers, hope Schwartz hits the ground running and another midfielder for the CM role because Gilbey just isn't cutting it. 
    They weren’t wingers really .  Wide midfielders that kept shape in a 442; offered width certainly but worked their balls off 
  • wmcf123 said:
    cfgs said:
    wmcf123 said:
    They weren’t wingers really .  Wide midfielders that kept shape in a 442; offered width certainly but worked their balls off 
    I would describe Shaun Newton as a winger rather than a wide midfielder
  • wmcf123 said:
    cfgs said:
    wmcf123 said:
    I would describe Shaun Newton as a winger rather than a wide midfielder
    Same with Neil Heaney. We absolutely played with wingers that season & it was exciting to watch. To say we didnt is a bit like Bowyer babbling on about how we should have scored 3 or 4 goals at the weekend with 6 defenders on the pitch. Utter nonsense.
  • wmcf123 said:
    Bulot/Eagles on left and Gudmonsson on right, with Watt and Vetokele up front was pretty good. 
  • Jonny Robinson was a winger
  • Wagstaff was a winger
  • Eddie Werge was a winger